Page 1 of 3
LastLast

7.5 sec cd on SW death orbs :(

this is gonna cause more qq for pvp shadow priest. and they'll get nerfed even more, OR they'll make it a 10 min cd, so you cant use it in arena.
    sw:death change... just drop the "if it doesn't kill target it resets" crap and just make it do double the current damage with a 8 second cd.

- - - Updated - - -

oh and disc with another raid cd? why even bring holy now?

Where do you see divine hymn baseline? I didn't read it in the patch notes or a blue post yet; also datamining does not shown it.

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    Where do you see divine hymn baseline? I didn't read it in the patch notes or a blue post yet; also datamining does not shown it.
    front page under shaman concerns

Resto Shaman - 5.4 Issues and Concerns
    Originally Posted by http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...-and-concerns/ (Blue Tracker)

We do have more changes coming for Resto Shaman in 5.4, which you should be seeing on the PTR soon (though possibly not in the next build). However, since we’ve got a long weekend coming up here at the office due to the holiday, we wanted to let you know about a couple changes we’re going to try out for Healing Tide Totem.

First, it’s no longer a talent. Healing Tide Totem is now baseline, available to all three Shaman specs. As you’re all aware, it’s an extremely useful ability, which makes it difficult for us to provide alternative options in that talent tier. Giving Healing Tide to everyone not only lets us work on making that tier more interesting, but it also makes sure no one is missing out on one of Resto’s more powerful tools by selecting the “wrong” talent.

Second, now that Healing Tide is a baseline ability, we feel it’s acceptable to give it a similar treatment to Tranquility or Divine Hymn in 25-man raids. It will now heal up to 12 targets when in a 25-player raid instance (and remains at 5 targets in other content).

There are several other changes still in discussion (such as what we’ll be replacing Healing Tide with in the talent tree, just as one example), but we wanted to at least share what we could before the weekend. We’re hoping to get at least some of them onto the PTR in one of the next builds. Please keep up the constructive feedback – it’s extremely useful!

Divine Hymn isn't going baseline...

The comment under shamans was just relating the increased number of targets to HTT. This was previously done for Tranq and DH in 25 mans, since it was way underpowered in larger raids as compared to 10 mans. I'm not quite sure how you translated that into DH going baseline. The sentence is pretty straightforward imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakamae View Post
    The comment under shamans was just relating the increased number of targets to HTT. This was previously done for Tranq and DH in 25 mans, since it was way underpowered in larger raids as compared to 10 mans. I'm not quite sure how you translated that into DH going baseline. The sentence is pretty straightforward imo.
    ah... i blame my tired eyes, so much reading for just waking up lol

No: this is referred to Healing Tide Totem; not to Divine Hymn. Only that they give it the same treatment like Tranquility and Divine Hymn; that HTT now heals 5 people in 10 man and 12 people in 25 man raids; This does not make Divine Hymn baseline. Only HTT gets baseline.

But i would really like to see giving Divine Hymn to Shadow-Priests. Even if they would make it with a 10 minute cooldown; it would give shadow a little bit more raid utility.

And SW: Death: This is a change to prevent using SW: D every 6 seconds instead of using it 2 times. Making it double its damage would be too much in PvP; the burst would automatically increase the burst of mage tears in the official forums by 100%.

No: this is referred to Healing Tide Totem; not to Divine Hymn. Only that they give it the same treatment like Tranquility and Divine Hymn; that HTT now heals 5 people in 10 man and 12 people in 25 man raids; This does not make Divine Hymn baseline. Only HTT gets baseline.

But i would really like to see giving Divine Hymn to Shadow-Priests. Even if they would make it with a 10 minute cooldown; it would give shadow a little bit more raid utility.

And SWeath: This is a change to prevent using SW every 6 seconds instead of using it 2 times. Making it double its damage would be too much in PvP; the burst would automatically increase the burst of mage tears in the official forums by 100%.
    VE = DH in healing output in 25 mans if you use it properly.

I don't really understand the purpose of this SW cooldown change. Anyone care to enlighten me?

And SW: Death: This is a change to prevent using SW: D every 6 seconds instead of using it 2 times. Making it double its damage would be too much in PvP; the burst would automatically increase the burst of mage tears in the official forums by 100%.
    but now there is NO POINT to not press it 2 times. they dumbed it down again. instead of thinking do i have time to wait 6 seconds for another orb or is this mob gonna die before the 6 seconds, and just spam death... now it will be, is death active? spam it 2 times, no thinking, no downsides.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by VanillaO View Post
    I don't really understand the purpose of this SW cooldown change. Anyone care to enlighten me?
    currently when death is active, you can press it once to gain an orb, if the mob doesn't die, the cd of death gets reset, but you can't gain an orb with death for another 6 seconds. So you can press death every six seconds and gain an orb if the mob doesnt die.

with the change you can't gain an orb for 7.5 seconds.... or the normal cd of death with is 8 seconds.

15+ Year Old Account
    They should really just change Death to:

8 second cooldown - rewards 1 orb - deals ~180% of the current damage (less than double since doing this also frees up a GCD).

The double death / killshot mechanic isn't really fun, and part of the reason we abused the 6 second orb-gen mechanic was because the DPET on Death was low enough that it didn't really matter to get that second Death out, we just cared about the orb generation: even if it meant losing half our Deaths.

~Double the damage, 8 second cooldown, generates an orb regardless of whether the target lives or dies.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

i agree with you yvaelle

15+ Year Old Account
    Yup totally agree where is "real" veiled to to bug Mr Street on twitter with that lovely idea ?
    Sig by Safhira

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post

8 second cooldown - rewards 1 orb - deals ~180% of the current damage (less than double since doing this also frees up a GCD).

The double death / killshot mechanic isn't really fun, and part of the reason we abused the 6 second orb-gen mechanic was because the DPET on Death was low enough that it didn't really matter to get that second Death out, we just cared about the orb generation: even if it meant losing half our Deaths.

~Double the damage, 8 second cooldown, generates an orb regardless of whether the target lives or dies.
    Ehh, Death is strong enough already. The double execute at least gives you some semblance of a chance to survive below 20% since it costs 2 gcds, we don't need another shadowburn guaranteed killing people.

Change thread title to avoid unwarranted QQ? /suggestion. I almost leapt for joy.

10+ Year Old Account
    The 7.5 second CD change simply prevents a player from having a timer for max SW orb giving, and instead makes you want to use it on CD twice in a row.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account

Once again Yvaelle.. right on the spot.
    I really really hope they will for once listen to you.. you got really good ideas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Double the damage, 8 second cooldown, generates an orb regardless of whether the target lives or dies.
    While I personally HATE the double tap mechanic, esp on my hunter, wouldn't that suck for PvP?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by soulyouth View Post
    Yup totally agree where is "real" veiled to to bug Mr Street on twitter with that lovely idea ?
    "@Ghostcrawler Would you consider revamping SWeath to single cast per 8 seconds for ~180% of current damage, and generates 1 Shadow Orb?" - Yvaelle

How's that?

Quote Originally Posted by Spazzeh View Post
    Change thread title to avoid unwarranted QQ? /suggestion. I almost leapt for joy.
    Fixed
    Last edited by Yvaelle; 2013-07-03 at 10:35 PM.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

I'd much rather have it stay as a double tap, 'cause it provides an additional GCD for movement, but make the 1st hit leave a debuff on targets that are higher lvl than the player (so it doesn't mess up PvP) that increases DMG taken from the next SW: D hit within 3 seconds by 50%.
    When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
    When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
    And I held your hand through all of these years