Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account

A few Weak Auras questions.

Hi there! I'm quite new to weak auras, finally transitioned from Power Auras a bit ago. I have so far managed to set up everything I personally need (trinket procs, meta gem stacks etc). However I am having a bit of trouble with Text Auras.

Basically I want to make a list of raid cd's per boss, group them up and get my raiders to import it for themselves something similar to this example I quickly did for Megarea.
    Apparently I can't post links yet, simply it is a text box with something like this:
    Rampage 1 - Nothing
    Rampage 2 - Boomy Tranq
    Rampage 3 - Demo Banner
    etc
    etc
    Here are some problems/questions I have.
    1) I can't seem to get the aura to load. As soon as I close the WA config window it won't show no matter what I change, I set the Load setting to zone, and throne of thunder. The Aura was added to my "loaded" list, but it wouldn't show up if I ever closed the config window. I also tried just having it load in combat, wouldn't work either. Not quite sure whats going on, any help would be greatly appreciated!

2)Sub zones, I noticed that I can get things to load via Zone (I.e Throne of Thunder) But I am not quite sure if it is possible to make it load via subzone (i.e Lair of Tortos). Is there a way to do this? Or an alternative only make it load when I am in combat with a specific name, like Tortos?

3)Let's say that I have been helped, and am now able to do the above 2. Would it be possible to detect when certain cd's are used and then the Aura changes the color of that specific line of text to say Red? Or perhaps strike it out?

Sorry for these questions, I am sure this is simple to a lot of people but as I said earlier - I am pretty new to weak auras and still trying to learn how to use all the functions.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by Miiir; 2015-06-30 at 07:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by blackychan View Post
    2)Sub zones, I noticed that I can get things to load via Zone (I.e Throne of Thunder) But I am not quite sure if it is possible to make it load via subzone (i.e Lair of Tortos). Is there a way to do this? Or an alternative only make it load when I am in combat with a specific name, like Tortos?
    Not without custom triggers.

Quote Originally Posted by blackychan View Post
    3)Let's say that I have been helped, and am now able to do the above 2. Would it be possible to detect when certain cd's are used and then the Aura changes the color of that specific line of text to say Red? Or perhaps strike it out?
    Again, requires custom triggers. And would be fairly complicated.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer