Page 24 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ragemv View Post
    No, if you read what i wrote. JUST above you, it has been confirmed as something to come
    It's been confirmed as part of an experiment. Beyond that, nothing.

Deleted
    that quite a normal continuation of blizzard policy. I can imagine the game could turn F2P in max 2 years now. With bonus for people having abonnment

Six pages I read, and no one mentioned anything about server firsts for leveling. They just going to disable the XP boost during that time? Probably not.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldfingaz View Post
    Six pages I read, and no one mentioned anything about server firsts for leveling. They just going to disable the XP boost during that time? Probably not.
    Leveling server firsts are about being the best exploiter who didn't exploit too much. There's nothing meaningful about those "achievements."

10+ Year Old Account
    No, I don't believe "itemshop" is coming. This is ment for research for perhaps future ideas. It's not even set if it's going in, in 5.4

"Update (8:20 PM EST): Zarhym confirmed that they are exploring the possibility of adding a way for players in certain regions to make purchases directly within the game"
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    Leveling server firsts are about being the best exploiter who didn't exploit too much. There's nothing meaningful about those "achievements."
    Well then the same goes for every server first achievement.

Protip: Not every realm is full of cheaters and there is a lot of fair play on quite a few when it comes to this. When things get exploited, the achievements tend to get revoked and the player tends to delevel.

Well this is how you do it, also similar to how we got the pet shop. You get the idea out there, let people data mine it, say it is only a test. You get people thinking about it, you get them used to the idea, that way when you do do it we are just trying it out to see the reaction, then the reaction was good so we are just going to expand on it a little. etc... etc... etc...

Honestly, who cares if someone can buy XP for cash?

The target market for a service like this is a player who already has toons at max level anyway.

Most of the people crying about this will continue to pay Blizz $15/mo anyway, whether or not this goes through. Like everything else in the past. Empty threats by an overly vocal playerbase. Blizz has called your bluff numerous times in the past but you continue to pay. Why should they listen to you now? They won't.

I would LOVE this for alts.

I care. I will not play a game which gives out in-game advantages for extra cash.

Deleted
    I hate this idea. They can start with this, then add honor boost, or JP.
    In Game store in subscription based game is just way too much for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldhearth View Post
    Honestly, who cares if someone can buy XP for cash?

The target market for a service like this is a player who already has toons at max level anyway.

Most of the people crying about this will continue to pay Blizz $15/mo anyway, whether or not this goes through. Like everything else in the past. Empty threats by an overly vocal playerbase. Blizz has called your bluff numerous times in the past but you continue to pay. Why should they listen to you now? They won't.

I would LOVE this for alts.
    I don't care if someone buys XP for cash, but I don't think a cash shop should be in the game at all for a subscription only game. Make it purchasable with in-game currency that can only be obtained through gameplay.

Deleted
    Kneejerk reaction syndrome.

Calm down kids, this does not mean they are selling Rank 1 for $50, it's an experience buff.

Quote Originally Posted by bigmac View Post
    I don't care if someone buys XP for cash, but I don't think a cash shop should be in the game at all for a subscription only game. Make it purchasable with in-game currency that can only be obtained through gameplay.
    Pretty much this.

I can understand some people would be furious another dude can buy a faster leveling process.

I hardly care since all my avatars were leveled with experience turned off ... in PVE. Advantage: more fun because you level for months/years while gaining profession profits and achievement awards (like low level BG's).

I don't care how many hours/weeks/months people devote to leveling.

silly discussion.

10+ Year Old Account
    i don't like the idea of blizzard selling things for real life money in WoW.

wasn't the real life money AH in diablo 3 a flop? don't ruin wow's economy, put it in your new mmo titan...
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Issalice View Post
    Hm, looks like they are taking from the F2P model with that one. Which is fine. I didn't notice a duration so I assume once you take it your character will have that buff the entire time they level. It could always be changed, but sounds kinda neat.
    They are taking this from the F2P model but the game is not F2P? And it's fine? Well, fuck, now I know how they make so much money. It's because of people like you.

Deleted
    If they really start with micro-transaction imma be pissed if they dont make it F2P too. There are games with pay-to-play and games with Micro-transactions. They really shouldnt have both. If they do I expect free expansions and content every 2-3months...

Edit; Imma add that I dont mind the 100%xp buff at all. It just looks like they are implementing something that keeps ppl from having to add another account just for the RaF bonus that every1 buys instead. No change what so ever. The game already have abit too many "blizz store items" for a p2p game tho.
    Last edited by mmoc3172abfeb3; 2013-07-04 at 10:00 AM.

Deleted
    I don't see anything wrong with this, as others have said, RAF etc.. I would love to buy a leveling boost personally as I use other characters for professions for $$.

What I do definitely not want to see is a F2P Wow, this would be the start of the slide to the end of the game.

I don't play at the moment, but I don't see a problem. I think many think this will open up all kinds of doors to F2P and a shop full of goodies but I don't think so.

I'm going to guess this is for the declining asian market where subs are already different. plenty of mmos go f2p with a cash shop full of perks there long before the same game does in the west purely because its a different market that wants different things.

Since i just spent a week leveling 3 toons to 90, i would be very happy if this option was ingame. Not a fan of slow leveling.