Page 1 of 4
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    There won't be a new Warchief.

    This is my prediction. Garrosh will be the last Warchief of the Horde. From now on Voljin, Lorthamir, Slyvannas, etc will sit on a council of elders for the Horde - but there will be no Warchief. The position itself will be removed.

  2. #2
    Are each of the Orc clan chieftains going to sit on this hypothetical council too? Or will they have 1 single leader for all the clans (this is what the Warchief has been)?
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2013-07-06 at 06:39 AM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I'm determined to someday make Med'an awesome. (MickyNeilson)

    ´So.. sorry to bring this up but..you know that .."thing" (Med'an).. is that "thing" cannon still?
    ...as much have some have wished otherwise, yes. (Loreology)

  3. #3
    if they do that then they would have to replace the king of the alliance with a council just for faction balance.

  4. #4
    Legendary!
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Behind You
    Posts
    6,766
    Wtf does that accomplish.
    Baine - I think we should do this
    Lorth - so silly, we need to do this instead
    Sylvanns - nonsense, we should be doing this

    What the hell do you do now?

    Warchief aint going nowhere. Its practically synonmous with Horde.
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by orioxez View Post
    This is my prediction. Garrosh will be the last Warchief of the Horde. From now on Voljin, Lorthamir, Slyvannas, etc will sit on a council of elders for the Horde - but there will be no Warchief. The position itself will be removed.
    you do realize that warchief is a title meant for leader of the orcs right? and that one of the biggest reasons warchief was also leader of the horde is because originally it was an ORC group that invited other races to join it?
    ...at this point it's almost guaranteed that "war in warcraft" is garrosh getting on his incompetent podium to declare yet another group his enemy for the crime of breathing his air, alliance saying this is horde favoritism, and the more....special....yes.. let's go with special... horde players seeing garrosh as a god because he lets them attack the alliance players who keep saying that out being led by a moron is horde favoritism.

  6. #6
    Over 9000! Nindoriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    9,306
    Quote Originally Posted by orioxez View Post
    This is my prediction. Garrosh will be the last Warchief of the Horde. From now on Voljin, Lorthamir, Slyvannas, etc will sit on a council of elders for the Horde - but there will be no Warchief. The position itself will be removed.
    You're not the first one to come up with that.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by razorfire View Post
    you do realize that warchief is a title meant for leader of the orcs right? and that one of the biggest reasons warchief was also leader of the horde is because originally it was an ORC group that invited other races to join it?
    there will be an orc rep, my original thought was nazgrim but hes out of the picture. my vote is mankrik.

  8. #8
    It would not accomplish anything, every racial leader is simply too different tp agree in anything. it is an alliance of convenience for some leaders (Sylvanas) and she would not see well some other leader messing with her people. Also Thrall Metzen wont allow it.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by orioxez View Post
    there will be an orc rep, my original thought was nazgrim but hes out of the picture. my vote is mankrik.
    there's the thing, "warchief" is still the title of the ORC leader who has leadership over all the loyal orc clans. saying there is no warchief is pretty much saying all those clans now have no unified leader and it would accomplish nothing more than saying there should be no king for humans or high tinker for gnomes or high chieftain for tauren. all it does is remove the leadership position for a single race not split the entire faction's leadership into multiple hands.
    ...at this point it's almost guaranteed that "war in warcraft" is garrosh getting on his incompetent podium to declare yet another group his enemy for the crime of breathing his air, alliance saying this is horde favoritism, and the more....special....yes.. let's go with special... horde players seeing garrosh as a god because he lets them attack the alliance players who keep saying that out being led by a moron is horde favoritism.

  10. #10
    Legendary!
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Behind You
    Posts
    6,766
    Quote Originally Posted by Yag View Post
    It would not accomplish anything, every racial leader is simply too different tp agree in anything
    Likewise, guess people think its nice because it seems "democratic"
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    Likewise, guess people think its nice because it seems "democratic"
    it really isn't though since the majority of leaders in this game are pretty much leaders based simply off of taking charge themselves, if I remember right the only vote that was ever made for leadership was the gnome leader and even that was based on what he did before which leans more towards a meritocracy.
    ...at this point it's almost guaranteed that "war in warcraft" is garrosh getting on his incompetent podium to declare yet another group his enemy for the crime of breathing his air, alliance saying this is horde favoritism, and the more....special....yes.. let's go with special... horde players seeing garrosh as a god because he lets them attack the alliance players who keep saying that out being led by a moron is horde favoritism.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by razorfire View Post
    it really isn't though since the majority of leaders in this game are pretty much leaders based simply off of taking charge themselves, if I remember right the only vote that was ever made for leadership was the gnome leader and even that was based on what he did before which leans more towards a meritocracy.
    Blackhand was democratically elected to Warchief by the orc clan chieftains.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I'm determined to someday make Med'an awesome. (MickyNeilson)

    ´So.. sorry to bring this up but..you know that .."thing" (Med'an).. is that "thing" cannon still?
    ...as much have some have wished otherwise, yes. (Loreology)

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Blackhand was democratically elected to Warchief by the orc clan chieftains.
    huh, didn't remember that, my mistake I guess.
    ...at this point it's almost guaranteed that "war in warcraft" is garrosh getting on his incompetent podium to declare yet another group his enemy for the crime of breathing his air, alliance saying this is horde favoritism, and the more....special....yes.. let's go with special... horde players seeing garrosh as a god because he lets them attack the alliance players who keep saying that out being led by a moron is horde favoritism.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by razorfire View Post
    huh, didn't remember that, my mistake I guess.
    It was in Rise of the Horde.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I'm determined to someday make Med'an awesome. (MickyNeilson)

    ´So.. sorry to bring this up but..you know that .."thing" (Med'an).. is that "thing" cannon still?
    ...as much have some have wished otherwise, yes. (Loreology)

  15. #15
    Legendary!
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Behind You
    Posts
    6,766
    Quote Originally Posted by razorfire View Post
    if I remember right the only vote that was ever made for leadership was the gnome leader and even that was based on what he did before which leans more towards a meritocracy.
    perhaps, but people seem to favor a council because democracy=good guys
    A council is far from perfect at all, look at our Congress, they spend more time bickering then hammering out decisions.

    To me, the title of Warchief is just ingrained into the Horde, it will stay as long as the Horde does.
    Last edited by Dreknar20; 2013-07-06 at 07:17 AM.
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    It was in Rise of the Horde.
    I really need to find that book again.

    anyway back on topic I don't see any real use in forcing a council into leadership of the orcs since if you have a competent leader (thrall was an example) they'll listen to their advisers and the other racial leaders of their faction before doing something that effects the entire faction and not just their race, but saying that a council is necessary is like saying all faith in the competence of an entire race is dead.
    ...at this point it's almost guaranteed that "war in warcraft" is garrosh getting on his incompetent podium to declare yet another group his enemy for the crime of breathing his air, alliance saying this is horde favoritism, and the more....special....yes.. let's go with special... horde players seeing garrosh as a god because he lets them attack the alliance players who keep saying that out being led by a moron is horde favoritism.

  17. #17
    I think you're wrong. The Horde will need a Warchief of some kind more than ever after the events in SoO are played out.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by orioxez View Post
    This is my prediction. Garrosh will be the last Warchief of the Horde. From now on Voljin, Lorthamir, Slyvannas, etc will sit on a council of elders for the Horde - but there will be no Warchief. The position itself will be removed.
    Doubt it. A new orc will take his place. One that emerges to bring a new age of peace to orc society.

    No worries. S/he will be corrupted by an old god in the next expansion.
    i7 3770K OC @ 4.5Ghz; ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77 MOBO; Antec Lanboy Air Black Case; 2X GTX 480 SLI OC @ 800/1500 clocks; 16GB 1866Mhz RAM; 256GB CORSAIR SSD; 2X Phobya DC12-400 Pumps; Koolance 370 r1.1 CPU Block; 2X Heatkiller GPU-X GPU Blocks; Tygon Silver 1/2" ID Tubing; Microreservoir

  19. #19
    Legendary! Anarch Son of Gods's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Center of the Internet
    Posts
    6,503
    I could see Thrall's kid being appointed as the new Warchief.
    ♦ "It is easy to take insolence from those who are below you." ♦

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    I could see Thrall's kid being appointed as the new Warchief.
    his newborn son who would take years to be capable of even learning to lead?
    ...at this point it's almost guaranteed that "war in warcraft" is garrosh getting on his incompetent podium to declare yet another group his enemy for the crime of breathing his air, alliance saying this is horde favoritism, and the more....special....yes.. let's go with special... horde players seeing garrosh as a god because he lets them attack the alliance players who keep saying that out being led by a moron is horde favoritism.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •