... LastLast

Itemshop incoming?

Well, the new ptr build added the following:
    http://ptr.wowdb.com/spells/146939-e...ixir-of-wisdom

discuss

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't say I would be surprised.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well they gotta make up for that 3 mill dip in subs somehow. Cash shops are fine as long as its just boosters/cosmetics and not pay to win.

I'd buy that buff for sure!

"In Game Store" sounds more like something you'll be able to buy with JP or VP, not mommy's credit card.
    Jsz
    <Losers Club> US-Alliance

d u m b c a s u a l s l u t

10+ Year Old Account
    Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't this the buff you get if you play in a PCbang...

10+ Year Old Account
    Hm, looks like they are taking from the F2P model with that one. Which is fine. I didn't notice a duration so I assume once you take it your character will have that buff the entire time they level. It could always be changed, but sounds kinda neat.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Much easier for them to sell off xp increases to make a boring leveling process go by even faster than it is to actually make it slightly more interesting. Would not surprise me in the least that they put in a feature that most f2p games have and actually make a profit off it in a p2p game.

The amount of forum complaints will be legendary on this though and it also wouldn't surprise me if Activision gave everyone the middle finger and forced blizz to put it in anyway knowing it will still yield a profit for them.

10+ Year Old Account
    oh dear.. its happening, bit by bit.

I wouldn't mind so much if the game was free to play, it could be justified having up spend money of these, like in other mmo's and there item shops.
    But for a sub based game like this, to charge that and items from an item shop.. no, its not right.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Issalice View Post
    Hm, looks like they are taking from the F2P model with that one. Which is fine. I didn't notice a duration so I assume once you take it your character will have that buff the entire time they level. It could always be changed, but sounds kinda neat.
    Again, it would be fine, if wow WAS F2P, but it isn't.
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    in fairness, they need something to give to new players, maybe its part of a new player thing as they buy the game, to get to lvl 90, not to mention we are getting to the last tier of this expansion, makes sense the new players should be given something 'free' that gets them to that point quicker.

im hoping this isnt any thing cash shop related where real money is involved, hopefully its a part of a package given to new player accounts

Also note that it looks like the required level is 85.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jsz View Post
    "In Game Store" sounds more like something you'll be able to buy with JP or VP, not mommy's credit card.
    That was what I thought too. If that's so then it won't be any different than the heirlooms or exp potion we can already get.

Quote Originally Posted by jsz View Post
    I seriously doubt it. Don't get me wrong, I don't want this to be true either. However, it would make sense that Blizzard is going down the cash shop road after the recent loss of subscribers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilhelm137 View Post
    The amount of forum complaints will be legendary on this though and it also wouldn't surprise me if Activision gave everyone the middle finger and forced blizz to put it in anyway knowing it will still yield a profit for them.
    How many times must it be said...Activision is not in charge of World of Warcraft and does not get to dictate game changes like this. Ever. No one at Activision is meeting with the developers at Blizzard to say "Gosh, guys, you gotta put a 100% experience boost in the game right away!"

Also it looks just like a regular flask. Most likely it's made in-game by alchemists.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's a little controversial in a game with a monthly subscription, but I really don't think it's a big deal as long as it's not things that give players an end-game advantage. There's also probably a demand for it from players.

Establishing a cash shop for trivial items also will make it easier for WoW to transition to free to play should Blizzard ever feel like they want to go that direction (although I don't think it will be anytime soon if they do).

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    oh dear.. its happening, bit by bit.

I wouldn't mind so much if the game was free to play, it could be justified having up spend money of these, like in other mmo's and there item shops.
    But for a sub based game like this, to charge that and items from an item shop.. no, its not right.

- - - Updated - - -

Again, it would be fine, if wow WAS F2P, but it isn't.
    It's a booster/buff not a equalizer. It's completely fine to charge extra for faster leveling regardless of the sub style.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    That's kinda sad if they go for it. Then they are only 1 step from just selling heroic gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooppopper View Post
    I seriously doubt it. Don't get me wrong, I don't want this to be true either. However, it would make sense that Blizzard is going down the cash shop road after the recent loss of subscribers.
    But it won't be justified in any way. all other cash shops in other mmos, use it because they don't charge for subs, and just make money from micro transactions. Then, all they need to do is release more stuff in the shop every now and again.

Wow changes you for playing. You can't charge a subscription and have a micro transaction feature in as well, its not ethical.
    #boycottchina

its possible but id wait until we get more information. could be something as small as an error or might mean something completely different

pretty sure they didn't want to add more heirloom gear, so they added a potion instead, maybe you will be able to buy this with JP/HP like all other heirloom stuff.