Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    But hey, cash shops are okay cause they're just selling cosmetic items with no in-game benefits, amirite?

10+ Year Old Account
    Buff cannot be cancelled, so once you use it, your exp will simply be cut down completely.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    But it won't be justified in any way. all other cash shops in other mmos, use it because they don't charge for subs, and just make money from micro transactions. Then, all they need to do is release more stuff in the shop every now and again.

Wow changes you for playing. You can't charge a subscription and have a micro transaction feature in as well, its not ethical.
    I never said it was justified, but it would make sense for them to pull such a stunt after their loss of revenue.

This kind of thing is fine for a F2P game, but not WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    it could be justified having up spend money of these
    ¿Que u say?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    That's kinda sad if they go for it. Then they are only 1 step from just selling heroic gear.
    How is that at all the same thing?

Wow changes you for playing. You can't charge a subscription and have a micro transaction feature in as well, its not ethical.
    Ethical according to whom? Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's unethical. If they were making you pay for power upgrades as well as a subscription, that might be going into unethical territory. As long as it's just cosmetic/convenient like this potion then there's no reason not to ignore it if you don't like it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooppopper View Post
    I never said it was justified, but it would make sense for them to pull such a stunt after their loss of revenue.

This kind of thing is fine for a F2P game, but not WoW.
    yes, I agree, its fine for F2P, not for wow. So either they go the F2P road.. or there going to present themselves as greedy.
    #boycottchina

In-game store sounds more like it is sold by a vendor for gold/JP/VP (gold or JP more likely, as those aren't exactly in limited supply).

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    How many times must it be said...Activision is not in charge of World of Warcraft and does not get to dictate game changes like this. Ever. No one at Activision is meeting with the developers at Blizzard to say "Gosh, guys, you gotta put a 100% experience boost in the game right away!"

Also it looks just like a regular flask. Most likely it's made in-game by alchemists.
    So a parent company has no input in what other companies it owns does to make the parent company more money? It may be saying too much on Activisions part but they'd have to be a pretty terrible company to buy Blizz and not want them to make as much profit as possible whether they play a hand in it or not. Exactly how many things that required actual money were there before they got bought out? Do you honestly think none of those were suggested by the parent company to make them more money?

10+ Year Old Account
    But it won't be justified in any way. all other cash shops in other mmos, use it because they don't charge for subs, and just make money from micro transactions. Then, all they need to do is release more stuff in the shop every now and again.

It's called capitalism. If you don't like it don't participate. They have every right to sell whatever they want however they want, just as we the consumer have the right to not buy it if we don't like it. I personally don't see any issues letting you pay more to move your character level faster. You also have yet to say why you think it's unethical.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bad blizzard, stop being so damn greedy. I suppose next expansion we'll have to walk from quest to quest unless we buy our riding skills in the cash shop, but wait only 20$ more and we'll let you fly from the get go. It's outrageous.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilhelm137 View Post
    So a parent company has no input in what other companies it owns does to make the parent company more money? It may be saying too much on Activisions part but they'd have to be a pretty terrible company to buy Blizz and not want them to make as much profit as possible whether they play a hand in it or not.
    Activision didn't buy Blizzard. Vivendi bought Activision, renamed Vivendi Games to Activision-Blizzard, and shuffled their executives around.

10+ Year Old Account
    So a parent company has no input in what other companies it owns does to make the parent company more money? It may be saying too much on Activisions part but they'd have to be a pretty terrible company to buy Blizz and not want them to make as much profit as possible whether they play a hand in it or not. Exactly how many things that required actual money were there before they got bought out? Do you honestly think none of those were suggested by the parent company to make them more money?
    At this granular level? No. Activision doesn't get to tell them what items to put in the game. And no, I don't believe for a moment that Activision would even bother. That's just downright ridiculous. That's as ridiculous as saying Activision determines lore. Raids. PvP direction and class balance.

activision doesnt own blizzard and isnt the parent company

just to clarify, vivendi games the company that owns blizzard bought activision, not the other way around

personally I think it's valid.

you pay your sub to play.

than you pay an extra value to level faster.

how's that any different than paying an extra value for a new continent, a new class, 5 more levels with dungeons and raids, et cetera? it's just a matter of scale.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Deleted
    Don't buy it, and continue playing as you have done for the past 7 years. You can essentially ignore the damn thing exists if you don't want it, other players leveling faster does not impact your gameplay in any way shape or form, that's why I'm fine with this.

We can start complaining when they start selling things that give players an edge over one another.

If you think it's greedy, that's fine, Blizzard is a company, and making money is priority 1, as long as they are not screwing us over I couldn't care how they do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ximinez View Post
    I personally don't see any issues letting you pay more to move your character level faster.
    You don't see an issue with how they think that a solution to a boring levelling process is not to improve it, but instead charge you real money to skip it?

It's amazing to me how eager people are to throw themselves down every slippery slope they can find. :I

Guys, the elixir is ingame and free, unlike f2p games and you can get an infinite supply of them if you're willing to invest the time/fight competition. http://www.wowhead.com/item=86574

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinachsandwich View Post
    Bad blizzard, stop being so damn greedy.
    Yes, how dare a company with an in-demand product actually make a profit off of it. Sickening. Occupy Irvine! Down the bourgeois capitalist scum! Raise your fist beside me, comrade and we shall be invincible! Hail van Cleef, the Brotherhood will never die!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrouded View Post
    You don't see an issue with how they think that a solution to a boring levelling process is not to improve it, but instead charge you real money to skip it?

It's amazing to me how eager people are to throw themselves down every slippery slope they can find. :I
    Why not? If someone wants to throw a few bucks at it, let them. It's money for Blizzard. I'd probably use it on my now...like 15th alt. I've paid my dues leveling.

Quote Originally Posted by delus View Post
    Guys, the elixir is ingame and free, unlike f2p games and you can get an infinite supply of them if you're willing to invest the time/fight competition. http://www.wowhead.com/item=86574
    Different item.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrouded View Post

the leveling process isnt boring