Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    I think that those 2-week-patches are awesome if you think of how Anet iterates on content and listens to the community. They get our feedback constantly and take it into account for the upcoming patches.

This happened not only once so far. The latest example: RNG
    In the upcoming patch Tickets aren't pure RNG anymore. Yes, there is still the golden ticket which gives you the item instantly, but now we also have fortune scraps. You'll collect those and once you've enough, you can buy the item even if you got no golden ticket. So there won't be guys who open 6000 chests and get 0 tickets anymore.

This wouldn't have been possible in a expansion. They would try something new and suddenly most people don't like it and it's quite difficult to go back - having opened pandoras box. Anet needs our feedback for improving the game and this 2-weekly updates are the best way to do it. They experiment with these things as we've seen and in the end we'll get what we want.

Deleted
    I don't like these living stories/patches that much. Each couple of weeks 10+ new achievements to do with a back/mini as a reward. Don't get me wrong, free content is always nice. But I'd like to see new dungeons, and not with just 1 path, but new dungeons with 3 explorable paths and new armor/weapons. If that means buying a expansion, then I'm okay with that. Free is even better of course, but I don't really see that happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostrider View Post
    I don't like these living stories/patches that much. Each couple of weeks 10+ new achievements to do with a back/mini as a reward. Don't get me wrong, free content is always nice. But I'd like to see new dungeons, and not with just 1 path, but new dungeons with 3 explorable paths and new armor/weapons. If that means buying a expansion, then I'm okay with that. Free is even better of course, but I don't really see that happening.
    I prefer 1 path of the last 2 temporary dungeons to 4 paths of the "old" dungeons. Much better design imho. If the old dungeons were on par with the new ones, I'd agree with you. Guess we can't have everything. Well... they will rework the temporary ones and bring them back in some form; maybe they improve those a bit too.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostrider View Post
    They have said they also have teams who are working on bigger and more permanent content, that's probably where the big dungeons complete with explorable modes will come into.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think it would be interesting seeing the game developed without expansions. Especially in a game where level cap isn't supposed to matter so much, it makes the idea of both returning to the game and picking it up as a new player much less daunting. They can truly accomplish their original goal of no true level cap by continuing to develop content at this level until they are ready for GW3.

It would be a very welcome change to the genre, for sure.
    BAD WOLF

I would pay 30-50 for an expansion for gw2 as long as it introduced another dragon from lore and added more epic sized monster dynamic events....

really all I could ask for PVE...

PVP side, WVWVW would be cool to figure out a way to increase or change current zones....pretty much got them down pat now....maybe add a new section the the 3 bg

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AlderaiMischi View Post
    I would pay 30-50 for an expansion for gw2 as long as it introduced another dragon from lore and added more epic sized monster dynamic events....

really all I could ask for PVE...

PVP side, WVWVW would be cool to figure out a way to increase or change current zones....pretty much got them down pat now....maybe add a new section the the 3 bg
    If im not mistaken there was going to be a WvW revamp with new zones (just the layout prolly), might be mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    If im not mistaken there was going to be a WvW revamp with new zones (just the layout prolly), might be mistaken.
    Micheal jackson isn't a reliable source.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Micheal jackson isn't a reliable source.
    http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/s...wArticle/26456
    Yeah it was in january, mostly pointing towards the changes on the wvw changes to the progression.