Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[Mistweavers] Legendary Cloak

So after looking at the new legendary cloak and previous choices made, I only need a few more runestones to acquire the 600ilvl cloak, I decided to go with the Caster DPS cloak for obvious reasons. After looking at the procs of the upgraded Legendary version would it be better to go with the healing cloak or would the proc benefit from the caster cloak still be worth it for eminence healing? Thoughts, suggestions? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shelonis View Post
    So after looking at the new legendary cloak and previous choices made, I only need a few more runestones to acquire the 600ilvl cloak, I decided to go with the Caster DPS cloak for obvious reasons. After looking at the procs of the upgraded Legendary version would it be better to go with the healing cloak or would the proc benefit from the caster cloak still be worth it for eminence healing? Thoughts, suggestions? Thanks
    If you're willing to part with 7000 gold, take DPS caster cloak now, and buy the healing one next patch.

15+ Year Old Account
    I doubt you will be upgrading yours directly. You'll probably get to turn it in and pick a new one completely. I don't think anyone knows for sure yet, but I'm sure blizzard is aware that people did not always choose the exact cloak for their role, since the cloaks don't say "HEALERS OVER HERE"

Sadly, I think we need to swap to the spirit one next patch, because that healing proc is godly (if it's 100% as the wording implies).

Deleted
    It's dumb, now we have to use the cape where half the itemization is wasted on stats that may as well not be there.

Quote Originally Posted by Reglitch View Post
    on stats that may as well not be there.
    well thats a bit of an overexaggeration.
    Even if I reforge out of spirit on all my gear, I still like that 60% that's left. having more mana is never a bad thing. I mean, have you never gone oom during progression? Never had to flashheal your ass off? Well I have. Sure it was due to people failing, but the spirit that provided that mana still brought the firstkill to us sooner.

Even if 1k spirit only gives you 2 additional Surges on a 7min fight, I still take them over the few green globules that stand a round randomly and get tripped over by my raidmates if I'm lucky... i.e. controlled burst > random heal, even if the latter is more in pure HPS. And the thing is: mastery is also low in pure HPS.
    last time I checked WOL to see how much you really get from mastery, the 8 base (4800 rating) + 5 Buff (3000 rating) + a bit over 1k on gear, adding up to 9k mastery rating provided me with 5.2k HPS (average of all kills that night from start till Animus, all heroic)
    thus getting 580 HPS per 1k mastery.
    Thats 240k additional heal on a 7min fight. I'd really prefer the 1k spirit for an additional 2 Surges (or some more Soothing spam)

edit: sorry, drifted off into a spirit vs mastery monolog. the cape is spirit vs crit. but I still claim that spirit isnt that bad. not as good as crit/haste in terms of HPS, but still a decent stat. better than mastery in any case ^^
    Last edited by TheTrueM4gg0t; 2013-07-03 at 10:39 PM.

yeah i was so sad to see that as a disc priest. i went for the crit/haste/mastery one without spirit. If we have to switch to the other one that will be a bummer. Not that I wouldn't take it of course, still beastly compared to anything else that exists lol. But I still wish we could keep the other one and still get the healing proc.

i feel your pain i'd LOVE the stats of the dps cloak with the healer proc (or hell a crit, spirit, haste option), but alas we are stuck with useless mastery and next to useless spirit (though in fairness that is due to a combination of mana tea been great the horridon trinket and legendary meta)

but since the wording on the legendary cloak makes it seem as though it affects every heal and its not a chance to proc that bonus is far too powerful to give up. and will deffo outweigh the loss of crit.

Not to mention the capes won't be transmoggable away from and the yu'lon matches my tier 15 set while the chi ji doesn't.

I am so pissed. lol.

Deleted
    Was going to make a post about this as well but it's already here,yay!

I'm just hoping we can actually swap the cloaks, and that its not just upgrading the one we have. ( if the bonus is really that powerful)
    It's just silly, Blizzard knows some healers like mw or disc priests go for the other one, but then just make the bonuses so that it is totally useless for healers, while the stats on the "dps" one are great for us. Don't see why they can't make it fit for both healers and dps..

I posted over on the official forums, and suggest you guys do as well.

There's a thread here: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/9377259934

It's kind of silly how we'll only be taking this cloak because of the proc. All three secondary stats on the cloak are useless to us

Spirit? Don't need it.
    Haste? We're already at the breakpoint. Don't need it.
    Mastery? LOL

Deleted
    This affect disco Priest as well. But I am very angry against Blizz decision. I thing that we can just take ANY celestial Blessing we will want and can attache ti to ANY cloak. How I was bad :/
    Last edited by mmoc0ba67a0b63; 2013-07-04 at 07:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by fps90 View Post
    I posted over on the official forums, and suggest you guys do as well.

There's a thread here: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/9377259934

It's kind of silly how we'll only be taking this cloak because of the proc. All three secondary stats on the cloak are useless to us

Spirit? Don't need it.
    Haste? We're already at the breakpoint. Don't need it.
    Mastery? LOL
    Bullshit. Additional haste can be reforged (or gemmed) into crit on other pieces.
    Spirit is still more mana = flexibility (flashheal spam etc)
    And mastery is worth about half a throughput stat.
    Dont act is if it were useless.
    And itemization is itemisation. Will you also start a whinethread if you see that we dont have crit+haste item choice in every slot?
    Jesus stop complaining about everything...
    That legendary cloak is totally OP statwise, has a (probably) imba procc,
    And the first thing you do is moan "mimimi mummy, it hasnt got exactly those secondary stats I want"

Quote Originally Posted by TheTrueM4gg0t View Post
    Bullshit. Additional haste can be reforged (or gemmed) into crit on other pieces.
    Spirit is still more mana = flexibility (flashheal spam etc)
    And mastery is worth about half a throughput stat.
    Dont act is if it were useless.
    And itemization is itemisation. Will you also start a whinethread if you see that we dont have crit+haste item choice in every slot?
    Jesus stop complaining about everything...
    That legendary cloak is totally OP statwise, has a (probably) imba procc,
    And the first thing you do is moan "mimimi mummy, it hasnt got exactly those secondary stats I want"
    its a legendary, why shouldn't it be perfectly itemised? hell we aren't the only ones who would prefer a cloak that drops mastery for spirit.

shaman: spirit > haste to riptide or healing raid second tick cap > crit > mastery
    disc: spirit > crit > mastery >haste
    druid: spirit > haste > mastery > crit
    holy pally: spirit > mastery > haste > crit
    holy priest: spirit > mastery > haste > crit
    and obviously monk: haste to breakpoint > crit > spirit > mastery

so we have 3 healer specs that have a perfectly itemised cloak and 3 that go for the dps cloak due to the crit

Quote Originally Posted by Mnaaucici View Post
    This affect disco Priest as well. But I am very angry against Blizz decision. I thing that we can just take ANY celestial Blessing we will want and can attache ti to ANY cloak. How I was bad :/

i assume its cause people would cheese mechanics with tank cloak enchant even as dps and vice versa tanks would go with dps enchant where they dont need to cheese its mechanics

So we need a spirit/crit/haste, spirit/mastery/crit and a pirit/mastery/haste healcloak to make al healers equally happy? Thats not how it works

10+ Year Old Account
    And to make this even more outrageous...the color of the cloak is red what totally doesn't fit my transmogg-gear and our spells - in opposition to the green spell dps cloak.

But on a more serious note, I'm on the brink of my 12 runestones and still struggling what cloak to take, especially with the legendary ones revealed. I usually don't have 7000g to spare.

What if ... Blizzard made it so that you could "buy" the legendary procs from the vendor and apply it to any cloak you want? Something like normal enchants basically.

I think that would be a somewhat decent change and would allow other classes, not just monks, to choose their best itemisation cloak.
    Boomkin/Mage/Whatever in Fatsharkyes

Deleted
    GUYS did you see this?? It fits to MW theme I want this

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reglitch View Post
    It's dumb, now we have to use the cape where half the itemization is wasted on stats that may as well not be there.
    Yeah I completely agree. The 1000 crit is so good.

i just wish they werent unique in bags so i dont have to waste vp on upgrading it or having one for an offspec I can upgrade