Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frykor View Post
    I'm okay with it because i don't pvp and it was looking like i had no interupt going into 5.4 and now i have.

Sure it sucks for pvp for BM, but after nerf and nerf in pve because of pvp i couldn't give a damn anymore. Ofc i would like most hunters keep scatter shot and have a baseline interupt but meh i'm happy i'll have something for 5.4.

Saying that, it's still fairly early in ptr so i wouldn't be surprised if it gets changed as it goes against Blizz's stance of mandatory glyphs although animal bond says hi since beginning of mop.
    Think I'm in this camp too, I don't PvP anymore, so I don't need to 'Scatter-Trap', & having an interrupt, alongside the choice of a silence, a CC, or a stun, is lovely.I can understand PvP'ers being irritated but it's all swings & roundabouts.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunterpower View Post
    If they want to stop scatter trap they need to make freezing trap a casted shot, otherwise it'll be damn useless.
    ATM scatter trap is the only way to reliably trap next patch, narrow escape becoming dispellable after all :/

well they could bring back freezing arrow. :-\

Quote Originally Posted by Zergal View Post
    Having an interupt is hardly a "must have" as a Hunter in raids since every single melee in the game has a baseline one nowadays. It prolly going to be for things like Challenge Modes though. In PvP i don't see why you would give up scatter shot for that. Its a pretty smart move from Blizzard.

Remember the goal of the SS change was to both give back to Marks some of its uniqueness and utility and to nerf BM's instant CC as they are grossly overpowered right now.
    Where are all these goals written down, like SS to give back MM some uniqueness, is there a plan somewhere?

So Hutia becomes impossible to tame in 5.4, right? It self-heals faster than Scatter Shot comes off cooldown.

Having an interupt is hardly a "must have" as a Hunter in raids since every single melee in the game has a baseline one nowadays.
    My raid group has a single melee. I have absolutely no choice but to lose one of my existing glyphs.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Having an interupt is hardly a "must have" as a Hunter in raids
    Okay, what about outside of raids?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I am not ok with this, even from a PvE standpoint.

I am not interested in losing SS for an interrupt to get ganked in the open world while doing dailies or some bullshit and have no scatter to fall back on. It's uses may be few and far between for PvE but they still exist even if the ability in PvE is under utilized for the majority of the content.

This is just the latest in a long line of things of smacking hunters in the face and not a single one of you who plays this class as main in PvE or PvP should accept this as a reasonable solution to the actual problem -- it is not.

- - - Updated - - -

Having an interupt is hardly a "must have" as a Hunter in raids since every single melee in the game has a baseline one nowadays. It prolly going to be for things like Challenge Modes though. In PvP i don't see why you would give up scatter shot for that. Its a pretty smart move from Blizzard.

Remember the goal of the SS change was to both give back to Marks some of its uniqueness and utility and to nerf BM's instant CC as they are grossly overpowered right now.
    Heroic Horridon says hi.

"Must Have" is subjective.

It has been the best option, uncontested without binding shot. Even with binding shot as an option, there are far more opportunities for an interrupt or to backup interrupt. Intimidation is garbage and is 100% useless if the target you need to stun is any other target other than the target you are already on. How long is that wyvern sting going to last with all that cleave damage going on? Yeah about that...

To people saying this is a "must have" glyph are just overreacting. How many fights in this tier require interrupts from anyone in the raid? 3? Council, Horridon, and Heroic Megera every other fight no interrupts are needed. This is a fine change to compensate for losing ss.

Quote Originally Posted by Hecklr View Post
    To people saying this is a "must have" glyph are just overreacting. How many fights in this tier require interrupts from anyone in the raid? 3? Council, Horridon, and Heroic Megera every other fight no interrupts are needed. This is a fine change to compensate for losing ss.
    It's weird to me that you see the fights in a vacuum. I use my Silencing en route to Tortos (big bat trash) and Dark Animus (lightning spamming trash). Yeah, those are still parts of Throne of Thunder. Parts where having an interrupt is a boon to the raid.

It's also odd that people considering Silencing a must have spell because an interrupt is such a valuable tool to have (everyone took it for a reason) -- but as soon as the choice makes the jump from talent to glyph suddenly there is no issue anymore? Insanity.

This is a fine change to compensate for losing ss.
    *looks at Range and Cooldowns on Silencing and Scatter shots*

Yeah, no.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    Two possibilities:

1) They don't realize the advantage given to MM. Plausible given the fumbling, knee-jerk "fixes" we've seen all of MoP.
    2) They realize it, and hope that MM becomes the pvp spec and that we don't realize how much lower the damage is.
    They want us to use Marksmen. Blizzard is giving us the utility minus the burst of Beastmastery. They don't like being able to lock specific classes down and destroy them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PuppetShowJustice View Post
    So Hutia becomes impossible to tame in 5.4, right? It self-heals faster than Scatter Shot comes off cooldown.

My raid group has a single melee. I have absolutely no choice but to lose one of my existing glyphs.
    So effectively you have 2-3 melee interrupts. Two tanks and your one melee. Then you have multiple casters with 25 second interrupts to fill in the holes.