Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...

Blizzards art team has been in the shitter since Cata. None of the armor looks functional. It is all multicolored. It is all covered with random projections "accessories". Half of the weapons couldn't be used to slash or stab, so covered are they in random angles and protuberances. Like the belt....why the fuck is it sticking out from the waist? What is the purpose of that, other than to get in the way of weapon swings?

It looks like Blizzard hired the costume designers from Joesph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. What happened to the brilliance of T8? Paladin T4? Warrior T6? I haven't seen armor in any game in the last 3 years that looks worse than the crap Blizzard has been putting out lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Skarssen View Post
    Blizzards art team has been in the shitter since Cata. None of the armor looks functional. It is all multicolored. It is all covered with random projections "accessories". Half of the weapons couldn't be used to slash or stab, so covered are they in random angles and protuberances. Like the belt....why the fuck is it sticking out from the waist? What is the purpose of that, other than to get in the way of weapon swings?

It looks like Blizzard hired the costume designers from Joesph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. What happened to the brilliance of T8? Paladin T4? Warrior T6? I haven't seen armor in any game in the last 3 years that looks worse than the crap Blizzard has been putting out lately.
    ... You didn't play during TBC, did you?
    Zombie Vampire Werewolf

Deleted
    weak point on the neck!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Murdos View Post
    ... You didn't play during TBC, did you?
    I have, and i must agree to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Thyr View Post
    I have, and i must agree to him.
    You realize half his post is him complaining about graphical errors in the T16, right? That whole belt rant? Yeah, in the MMOC thread right there, it's said that's a bug, and the belt will be more flush in the final product.

Also, he basically just stated he likes nothing but the most safe and iconic sets. There's been a lot of good armor and weapon designs in this game; especially since Cata and Wrath. I could literally sit here for hours and link you pages after pages of well-designed armor, weapons and color schemes with good balance and flow. He's basically complaining that WoW has had more 'fantasty' themes in it rather then 'Medieval', which is a legitimate complaint in some regards...

... and well, we're in a game with giant talking moocows, zombies and blue alien goat-people, where dwarves are malfunctioning stone golems and Cthulhu is just another raid boss. Some things are a touch more fantastical then they were before.

It's just a lot to poke at the armor designs for being unrealistic, when I'm sitting here parrying the melee swings of a dragon the size of God with a sword.
    Zombie Vampire Werewolf

Deleted
    Meh, I was expecting way better looking gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Clash1 View Post
    I think the helm looks cool too. It's the first helm I am contemplating using in quite awhile. They just need to fix the neckline of the chest piece. Too much skin showing!

Yup. I hate that too. Probably going to use the normal T14 chest for that instead, as it has a similar color scheme and it covers up the neck.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizendragon View Post
    T10 was the poor-man's LK set. http://ptr.wowhead.com/itemset=897

OT: It appears T14 will be the highwater mark in terms of tier sets this expansion. The DK's that complain about skulls and spikes confuse me. We are risen undead masters of the scourge army. Our theme is all skulls and spikes.
    Agreed on the second point - I never tire of the "death" in Death Knight tier armor - sometimes it's a bit nuts like the Burger King gig we got with T11 but I think overall they've kept it pretty cool.

TBH I'd rather have seen our T16 as the warrior set - it looks like an unwavering sentinel and their set looks like shit.

I really liked T14 and T15 - I dislike the T15 helmet but the shoulders are really cool and I always feel like a licker from RE2/etc when I wear 'em.

T14 kept me looking like Skeletor for a long time so I like the LFR/Normal sets - the heroic one is too red for me.
    Signature dunked by a lame MMO Champ robot.

I like it. I've got no idea what it's themed around but maybe that might become a bit more apparent as more models and such get released. Might be because I think the Knight in Death Knight doesn't get enough attention at times and I love the concept of heraldry in the Fireland's set but I can definitely see myself wearing this for a while.

I give this set two thumbs-down. Highly disappointed.

May look okay-ish with the Legendary cloak though I will never display that horrid helm.

High res armor is something they'll put in the "next game" to help suck you in. They could do it now, but that would be one less "perk" for the new game. The more "perks" the new game has, the more likely people are to switch.

It's the game within the game.

So Meta.
    --------------------------------------------------
    Sathir, Dreadlord of Greenmist
    AKA Bigokk from FFXI

Read My Lips: No New Content -Mike Morhaime, 2016 US Presidential Candidate
    WWCGD (What Would Ghostcrawler Do)? Unsub.

Goat horns reminds me of Warrior T10.

Warhammer Online Maurader helm doesn't looks as good as the pictured one, and I think the artists could have been less bland with this set.

Perhaps getting into the concept of how pandaria views an awful death/rebirth and extrapolated from there.

I like the LFR version personally. It goes with my Unholy theme. But, if you guys haven't seen the shoulders Garrosh drops, definitely check them out. They are identical to the shoulders he wears, so transmog this tier anyway. If you don't do normal or heroic you won't see these shoulders drop unfortunately.

http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=104646

Quote Originally Posted by Uglytoes View Post
    I like the LFR version personally. It goes with my Unholy theme. But, if you guys haven't seen the shoulders Garrosh drops, definitely check them out. They are identical to the shoulders he wears, so transmog this tier anyway. If you don't do normal or heroic you won't see these shoulders drop unfortunately.

http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=104646
    This is badass imo.

Deleted
    I doesent like the DK sets in MoP , neither. But if i must choose, this is the "best" of the 3. The first is a rosegarden, the second is a felhunter with lots of meat. This is a cyclopse. We just need an eye beam spell now, and this set will be perfect
    By the way this set is without the helm, with some modification will be awesome.
    Yeah tusks of mannoroth are cool, but how do you want it to look good with a set. Just a few item can match to this item