Is this enough to switch to fire?

Average ILvl

Spell Crit
    30.94%

Spell Haste
    23.71%

Mastery
    24.93%

I've been frost for a long long time but now I think that fire may be better for me. Is this gear enough to not rely on RNG as much?
    Last edited by pangya; 2013-07-03 at 09:51 PM. Reason: apparently, I cant post links

10+ Year Old Account
    Is that crit level buffed or unbuffed? 520 ilvl should be more than enough to go fire, but depending on itemizations or trinkets it may/may not be optimal. But again, play what you like, you will do better dps.

You want a minimum of 10k crit points to change over to fire (I changed at 11k) and you want to try and get your haste to 5036, without compromising crit

I have 15000 crit and 7000 haste...... if i gem for fire yet i am still scared.

I am hearing that i should switch though?

Quote Originally Posted by PurechaosSK View Post

Should and can are two very different things. With that much Crit/Haste you certainly -can- go Fire, but there's nothing saying that you have to. Frost is still very good at that gear level.

You wanna know? Fire is more fun. If I ever play Frost, it will be either as secondary spec just to keep it fresh from times to times or while I have low crit %.

Quote Originally Posted by PurechaosSK View Post

If you are a boss frost mage and have a strong grasp on ways to exploit encounter mechanics to keep your DPS up, then you are fine staying frost until you start getting some serious crit from heroic gear.

I'd say just go fire if you want to go fire. I've been fire since the beginning of MoP. I never liked frost, and hated what they did to arcane in MoP. While I may not have had the ideal amount of crit sometimes, but I was close enough, and it was still fun.
    Tishelle (Rogue) - Tisha (Mage) - Tishandra (DK) - Tisharia (Priest) - Tishanna (Warlock) - Tishie (Monk) - Tishette (Boosted Warrior )

15+ Year Old Account
    how do u have such low crit at 520ilvl? My ilvl is 510 and im at 36% crit