Page 11 of 42 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fearist View Post
    we're not getting a lvl90 redesign this patch.
    I think it may be a hopeful sign that they plan to revamp mages this coming xpac. Rather than tweaktweaktweak every patch, they wanna fix em permanently.

Quote Originally Posted by Frost1129 View Post
    Arcane has been neglected all expansion. A turret spec in a raid environment which is constantly demanding more movement and attention to abilities doesnt mesh well with it's playstyle.
    Actually I've been playing RoP Arcane this ID out of curiosity and some sick sense of masochism (I suppose) and I must say it's not entirely impossible to pull good numbers even on the insane movement fights. Planning ahead with RoP solves many problems (of course not all) before they occur, Ice Floes is also not to be underestimated.

However, you're still seriously gimping yourself with Arcane so I guess I won't repeat that anytime soon, on the other hand you might get a few easy rankings.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Kao View Post
    Actually I've been playing RoP Arcane this ID out of curiosity and some sick sense of masochism (I suppose) and I must say it's not entirely impossible to pull good numbers even on the insane movement fights. Planning ahead with RoP solves many problems (of course not all) before they occur, Ice Floes is also not to be underestimated.

However, you're still seriously gimping yourself with Arcane so I guess I won't repeat that anytime soon, on the other hand you might get a few easy rankings.
    I don't think arcane is gimping yourself at all, I continue to repeat myself when I say even top mages have said that arcane and fire are overall both high dps. I pull very competitve numbers as arcane, and do more than I did as fire. With the incoming fire nerfs I don't know if fire is definitely the way to go. A lot of movement can be worked around with pre-planning RoP etc. I am kind of annoyed at the people who gawk at arcane as being a complete lesser dps spec, when it does VERY competitive numbers.

I still have a feeling there will be a crit nerf at some point as current bis is around 52% crit or 67.6% plus another 6.5% from the 4p on pyroblast. With ilevel increases and possibly epic gems. Hitting 75% crit is entirely possible assuming proper itemization.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Henzington View Post
    With ilevel increases and possibly epic gems.
    If they were going to do epic gems, they'd probably have shown up in PTR by now. Blizzard likely doesn't want to screw up the profession bonuses like they did last time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe I'll just troll a bit with the title and you guys carry on the discussion
    My magic will tear you apart.

Quote Originally Posted by Shangalar View Post
    Completely off-topic: When I read this, I pictured the Master Thief Fagan singing "You've got to pick a pocket or two..."

I'm hoping that something good will come of all of this, and that Blizzard will somehow balance the Mage class and make it fun to play all three Specs.

"Never underestimate the depth of stupidity." Robert Heinlein

Welllllll if the goal was to not nerf lesser geared mages they have failed.

Originally Posted by Lore
    We'll be reverting both of these changes in the next PTR build.

Oki, what the hell is going on?

I mean sure, both of them were kinda crappy and only messed with our QoL rather than real problems, though kinda fearing that the co-efficient nerf is coming now..

Quote Originally Posted by Shangalar View Post
    I guess that means we get to revert the title now

Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    I guess that means we get to revert the title now
    To: Fire nerfs on PTR cancelled before page 12?

WOOHOO we live another day. inc arcane nerfs.
    #1 fire mage US. u mirin'?
    "Aaah ah ah ah ah ah ah yea, f*ck me, ah, f*ck, aah yeah"
    - Jenna Jameson

HAHA time to change the title again.

Fire will be nerfed. I really just think, as I've been saying for a while now, that it will be through flat coefficient nerfs.

Deleted
    Tested Fire with the new glyph and without. Playing with glyph and waiting for every amplification nerfs combustion and amplifier trinket theoretically by 25%. Its okay to play and easy to line up with the trinket, because you have enough time to wait for the proc, but it does less damage of course.

Then I tested it without glyph (i have to say, that I played with ilvl 554 equipped but I don´t have the optimal gear for fire) and it´s pretty tricky. You can´t effort to wait for a quality combustion, you have to nearly use it on cd, if you want to line up every second combustion with the amplification trinket. The new T16 4p helps a lot here, because you want to have the "Fiery Adept" buff up just before combustion comes off cooldown. In my last run on dummies, I had ~550k ignite for the opening burst and 70 - 100k for the other combustions (thanks to Fiery Adept).

Blizzard nerfed the trinket for fire mages and the T16 4p will be mandatory not only for lower geared fire mages. It will be interesting to see what Blizzard will do with warlocks, because Arcane Mages and Warlocks are the only left, who will have excessive benefit from the amplification trinket.

*Edit* Scrap the crap, Blizzard reverting changes with the next patch!
    Last edited by mmocc7076034c2; 2013-07-16 at 12:07 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    To: Fire nerfs on PTR cancelled before page 12?
    Done. This PTR cycle is so much more amusing than 5.2

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    Originally Posted by Lore
    We'll be reverting both of these changes in the next PTR build.
    Good work, guys. Mission accomplished.

Reverting them that quickly? Huh, they really don't know what to do with mages this patch. First it was Frosts' mastery, now it's this. Guess that's why it's PTR though, they have time to mess with things to find a sufficient enough solution.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now lets wait for a CM nerf instead. LOL. The nerfs are coming guys be ready.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylol View Post
    Reverting them that quickly? Huh, they really don't know what to do with mages this patch. First it was Frosts' mastery, now it's this. Guess that's why it's PTR though, they have time to mess with things to find a sufficient enough solution.
    Yes and that's exactly what they've been saying for patch upon patch upon patch and everyone keeps conveniently forgetting because if you ignore this particular piece of information it gives you (not you Jay) the opportunity to attack and insult the developers and moan about stuff that's just being tested. Long live public forums. They want to test random stuff while they can. It's the people who cause problems.