Gaming desktop opinions please

Hello!

Thanks to a very kind MMO-Champion member, Shroudster, I've managed to configurate a gaming* desktop (* being able to run games such as WoW, Skyrim, Minecraft , Guild Wars 2 etc. with above standard graphics) by using this site: www.alternate.nl

Altho I fully trust the help I've recieved from Shroudster I would love to hear your opinion on the build. My budget was around 900 euro's and I've reached that amount with hopefully the desired specs.

My build:

989,18*

Overview

Graphic card NVIDIA PCIe
    EVGA GeForce GTX 650 Ti BOOST SuperClocked
    2x DVI, HDMI, DisplayPort, SLI 1 x € 167,90*

Software
    Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit NL
    OEM, Incl. ServicePack 1, Nederlands 1 x € 89,90*

CPUs Socket 1150
    Intel® Core™ i5-4670K
    FC-LGA4, "Haswell" 1 x € 217,90*

Monitor
    Samsung 21,5" LED Monitor SyncMaster S22B350B
    VGA, DVI-D 1 x € 119,90*

Power suply
    be quiet! Pure Power CML8 430W
    BN180, 2x PCIe, Kabel-management, Zwart 1 x € 62,90*

Case Midi Tower
    Cooler Master K350
    USB 3.0, Zwart 1 x € 39,99*

DVD-reWriters Serial-ATA
    LiteOn iHAS124-04
    Zwart 1 x € 17,99*

Motherboard Socket 1150
    MSI Z87-G45 Gaming
    RAID, Gb-LAN, Sound, ATX 1 x € 144,90*

Harddisks 3,5 inch SATA
    Western Digital WD10EZEX 1 TB Hard Disk
    SATA 600, Blue 1 x € 62,90*

Memory DDR3-1600
    Kingston ValueRAM 8 GB DDR3-1600 Kit
    KVR16N11S8K2/8 1 x € 64,90*

I would love any feedback/recommendations to imrpove this build. Once again I am quite happy with the current price of it so telling me to get a better video card for better graphical performance, of a 300 euro's price, isn't realistic .

Thanks and I would love to hear from you!
    "It's Better To Burn Out than To Fade Away"

A SSD would be nice for QoL changes. But first, get a better graphics card (760/770) the 650Ti Boost is weak, and probably won't be enough for gaming at max settings.

Also, I'm pretty sure there is a motherboard that is a better value (lower cost) then the MSI one, but I am not too certain on this.

Change the GPU to this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814161428
    And than you would from what I see be set! I'd reccomend a better monitor though, 21.5 in 1080p doesn't look right to me, but that's just me. I'd surf around some more and see if you can find any larger ones for a better price.

Deleted
    to support some of the hardware choices i've made to blazer.
    i deemed it more practical to invest more in the cpu/mobo combo so that could last longer and is usually way harder to upgrade. (and due to wow being more cpu bound)
    a 650Ti boost is a very solid card for 1080p it won't max out everything but can cope pretty good with high settings in most cases.

Quote Originally Posted by torterra275 View Post
    A SSD would be nice for QoL changes. But first, get a better graphics card (760/770) the 650Ti Boost is weak, and probably won't be enough for gaming at max settings.

Also, I'm pretty sure there is a motherboard that is a better value (lower cost) then the MSI one, but I am not too certain on this.
    Thanks for your comment, tho I do have the need to run all the games at max settings. High is good enough for me on games like Skyrim, Guild Wars 2, Minecraft, Bioshock and games now today.
    Thanks for the input tho
    "It's Better To Burn Out than To Fade Away"

10+ Year Old Account
    Can you show where you're buying these parts from? Some of them seem more expensive than they need to be.

The build however is very good. I would personally opt for a 3570K + Aftermarket cooler, as opposed to the 4670K without. The 3570K will perform MUCH better overclocked, than a stock 4670K, at more or less the same price, if not cheaper.

I also feel a cheaper PSU could be had, and RAM... and 20-30 in savings could be put towards a larger monitor.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    Can you show where you're buying these parts from? Some of them seem more expensive than they need to be.

The build however is very good. I would personally opt for a 3570K + Aftermarket cooler, as opposed to the 4670K without. The 3570K will perform MUCH better overclocked, than a stock 4670K, at more or less the same price, if not cheaper.

I also feel a cheaper PSU could be had, and RAM... and 20-30 in savings could be put towards a larger monitor.
    the site he used is "alternate.nl" dutch tech site with outstanding service pretty much just incase.
    a 3570k is only 8 euro cheaper so i figured the build would last longer by opting for haswell and keep the overclock option open for the future with a cooler upgrade.
    feel free to scavange the site for cheaper ram/psu alternatives i just picked quite low priced ones that are reliable. (geheugen/voeding for the non dutchies , or perhaps google translate works properly)

Deleted
    You can have pretty much the same build for 80 euro less, when you order someplace else.
    I did put in a cheaper motherboard, but the money saved there you can get a better gpu.
    But I also see your budget is 900 euro.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeara View Post
    You can have pretty much the same build for 80 euro less, when you order someplace else.
    I did put in a cheaper motherboard, but the money saved there you can get a better gpu.
    But I also see your budget is 900 euro.
    it's a custom build so all parts have to come from the same place pretty much. (as in they will assemble it not the OP himself)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shroudster View Post
    it's a custom build so all parts have to come from the same place pretty much. (as in they will assemble it not the OP himself)
    That calculation is at one place. Is the assembly cost included in the OP costs? Otherwise you will save about 30-50 euro's, which is pretty much the motherboard costs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeara View Post
    That calculation is at one place. Is the assembly cost included in the OP costs? Otherwise you will save about 30-50 euro's, which is pretty much the motherboard costs.
    i don't think the direct assembly is included in the list of the OP but it cost 50 euro. (i believe azerty offers the same service for the same price aswell)

Deleted
    I looked at afuture, they have the same price aswell I think.

I ordered 4 computers there, no complaints whatsoever I havent let them build any tho, so I cant comment on that.

Deleted
    Helped the OP make a decision, decided to drop Windows 7 Ultimate as I provided my own volume key out of generosity.
    Could upgrade to a GTX 760 whilst hopefully staying in price range, OP is still making final checks on this.

What you could do is to get a cheaper Motherboard around the 110 price-range, saving that 30 euro on the motherboard plus adding another 30 euro is more then enough to buy the new GTX 760 card.