Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Dreadlord
    Lets just pray the item squish never gets implemented. I like seeing big numbers everywhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoonalol View Post
    wat are the 2 gob mounts.. i only know the trike

I don't want an item squish. I'd be happy if everyone does 10m DPS, doesn't effect me at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Blizzard has a clear preference for the squish. Even after the implementation of 'K' and 'M' notation, they still want the squish.

Notice he said "when we finally do it" not "if we finally do it." It's going to happen, so you might as well get used to the idea.
    You seem to ignore the parts where he says "hope", "on the table" and "hoping". Also, the "when we finally do it" was in a sentence that is dependent on people actually wanting it. There's an "if", it's just not written out.

You really need to do something about your confirmation bias, it's getting out of hand.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    You seem to ignore the parts where he says "hope", "on the table" and "hoping". Also, the "when we finally do it" was in a sentence that is dependent on people actually wanting it. There's an "if", it's just not written out.

You really need to do something about your confirmation bias, it's getting out of hand.
    You really need to work on your reading comprehension.

Blizzard doing the item squish is not dependent on player demand. They are hoping more players will be on board when they do it so it's not controversial.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I'm determined to someday make Med'an awesome. (MickyNeilson)
    ´So.. sorry to bring this up but..you know that .."thing" (Med'an).. is that "thing" cannon still?
    ...as much have some have wished otherwise, yes. (Loreology)

Solo'ing raids is not an intended part of the game.
    Soloing old raids IS an intended part of the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Blizzard is going to prioritize fixing balance problems with the new expansion content over fixing the balance problems of solo'ing old content.
    A squish will simply be some percentage damage reduction across the board. All they have to do is apply the same
    reduction to old content. It may not be balanced, but it will still be available for people to solo.

I agree, however, that they won't spend any time making sure they got it exactly right for old content.

- - - Updated - - -

Aquamonkey doesn't know any more than the rest of us.

- - - Updated - - -

Notice he said "when we finally do it" not "if we finally do it." It's going to happen, so you might as well get used to the idea.
    You're reading far too much into that comment. Especially given the context of the rest of GC's comments, which are far less certain.
    Stating an opinion as fact does not make it fact. Opinions are not fact. So don't be stupid and make a fool of yourself by trying to pass off your opinion as fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Blackmore View Post
    Soloing old raids IS an intended part of the game.
    Soloing old raids IS an intended part of the game.[/quote]
    No it's not. It's a consequence of power creep. They didn't design those raids thinking, "How can we make this raid so that people can solo it 2 years from now."

Blizzard having to nerf the gold from soloing old raids shows that they didn't intend for people to do it.

A squish will simply be some percentage damage reduction across the board. All they have to do is apply the same reduction to old content. It may not be balanced, but it will still be available for people to solo.
    Just ignore the context of that quote. "It's obsolete content, there is quite a margin of error for it to remain solo'able. Unless something becomes gamebreaking, there's no reason to manually rebalance old content." I was addressing the claims that people keep spouting that it would take a lot of dev resources from new content.

Aquamonkey doesn't know any more than the rest of us.
    GC clearly says they are going to do it some time in the future, they just hope it's not controversial when they do it. He says "WHEN" not "IF".
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    We’re trying the solution with commas, and K’s, and M’s, and to be honest, it helps a lot, and our hope is, by 6.0 or 7.0, players are demanding the item squish, and by then it’s not controversial at all. It’s like a celebration when we finally do it. (Source)
    - - - Updated - - -

You're reading far too much into that comment. Especially given the context of the rest of GC's comments, which are far less certain.
    What am I reading too much into? They proposed 2 solutions, they already did 1. They've already implemented K's and M's, but they still want to do the squish anyway.
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2013-07-05 at 09:51 PM.
    ´So.. sorry to bring this up but..you know that .."thing" (Med'an).. is that "thing" cannon still?

A squish will simply be some percentage damage reduction across the board. All they have to do is apply the same
    reduction to old content. It may not be balanced, but it will still be available for people to solo.

I agree, however, that they won't spend any time making sure they got it exactly right for old content.
    No, it won't. It will be an iLvl reduction. Since stats scale exponentially with iLvl, this will affect later expansions more than earlier ones. A linear reduction wouldn't work, as that would affect level 1 chars as much as max level chars. Having 1 health and doing <<1 damage per hit is a bit silly.

Item squish is bad, it would just be lame going back to vanilla dps and health.

Don't lower the numbers, just fix the insane scaling that's happening.

Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    Don't lower the numbers, just fix the insane scaling that's happening.
    The scaling is the result of the actual system. I think Blizzard is pushing it right now until the people get angry. Soon even having a weapon from the next raid tier will double the dps since it's an exponential scaling system. The even casuals will get angry and ask for a change. It think that's one of the reasons why they implemented flex raiding and raised the itemlevel once more.

Always maximum level items:

Vanilla = 26 il:
    t1 = il 66
    t2 = il 76
    t3 = il 92

BC = 62 il
    t4 = il 120
    t5 = il 133
    t6 = il 154

Wotlk = 123 il
    t7 = il 200
    t8 = il 226
    t9 = il 245
    t10 = il 277

Cataclysm: 133 il
    t11 = il 372
    t12 = il 391
    t13 = il 410

Pandaria: 156 il
    t14 = il 509
    t15 = il 535
    t16 = il 566

So if this continues we will start T17 with itemlevel ~660 and end the next expansion with T19 il 750 heroic gear.

Crowe made this nice graph to show the problem:
    Last edited by Kryos; 2013-07-05 at 11:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    Yeah, I remember having 0.01 health in classic, it was cra- oh wait no that never happened.

They need to scale down the increments AFTER level 60, as the graph in the OP shows, nothings wrong with the 1-60 scaling, it wasn't a steep curve back then, only recent expansions felt the need to shove 80 ilevels between raids.
    I like my 120 ilvls between tiers, thank you. And I like seeing bigger and bigger numbers.

@OP: In your futile attempt to "remind" us, you even got the thread's title wrong btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Moshic View Post
    I like my 120 ilvls between tiers, thank you. And I like seeing bigger and bigger numbers.
    More like 180 or more next time.

@OP: In your futile attempt to "remind" us, you even got the thread's title wrong btw.
    Because I made it a single word? That's because I'm german and we melt words together to create new ones My bad.

But Blizzard also thinks this is a problem and is waiting for the right time to do the squish.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/blog/9995063/

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    --snip--
    Here's the ilvl chart with MoP included and up to level 100.

Here's the ilvl chart with MoP included and up to level 100.
    why not be able to one shot things? past content is over with, but you wouldn't be able to one shot current content ofcourse.

Quote Originally Posted by hordeslayer View Post
    why not be able to one shot things? past content is over with, but you wouldn't be able to one shot current content ofcourse.
    With scaling as out of control as this, you'd be able to 1-shot things of the current expansion.

We're not even remotely close to that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    Crowe made this nice graph to show the problem:
    What problem? That graph doesn't show any problems. Just two exponential and one linear graph. Exponential growth by itself is no more of a problem than linear growth is.
    The so-called "ideal" MMO would get serious problems with upgrades feeling pointless by expansion 4, though.

I also don't see why you think people would get angry about getting bigger upgrades. They tend to react with the opposite feeling to that.
    Last edited by huth; 2013-07-05 at 11:57 PM.

Who really cares what numbers mean as long as things die. Item squish is not needed unless Blizz wants to read or hear from forum posters crying over smaller numbers just for kicks.

I love it, I don't have full raiding gear and I pop might of ursoc + bm trinket and I got 1m hp DD
    Felt like a raid boss hehe

Personally I enjoyed the game the most in BC as far as numbers go, when a geared tank had like 18k health and 1.5k dps was pretty good. Upgrades were still quite noticeable to performance but you could still have a few pieces of Kara gear even later on in the expansion. As things are now, each patch makes the entire last tier obsolete, which just seems kind of depressing.

I also don't see why you think people would get angry about getting bigger upgrades. They tend to react with the opposite feeling to that.
    Unless they're on the receiving end of that gear discrepancy when someone globals them.