Page 1 of 21
... LastLast

Itemsquish reminder

Does anyone remember this:

All people where like "haha, that's crazy".
    Now we wear cloaks with higher itemlevel...

Will the next addon bring the item squish (shown in this graph)? With flex raid they increased the itemlevel even one more step each raid.
    1 million dps and 1 million healthpoints will be normal starter gear with the next expansion if this continues...
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

10+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't matter. It will still take the same amount of time to kill Raid bosses in PVE and players in PVP. The only things that will be come easier, are soloing older content(Which is awesome).

So, just have a cup of tea, and laugh it off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard has already said that they had it working in their internal systems and actively tested it, but decided it ultimately felt weird.
    I doubt it will happen anytime soon (if at all).

Quote Originally Posted by PureColour View Post
    It doesn't matter. It will still take the same amount of time to kill Raid bosses in PVE and players in PVP. The only things that will be come easier, are soloing older content(Which is awesome).

No it won't LOL. It's just to make the numbers look neater. They'll have the same ratios, just smaller numbers.

just use addons that "squish" numbers themselves... easy to take 115,000 and script to show 115k
    ...Made it through 9 years of wow...

Don't want the number squish. Never have, never will.

Quote Originally Posted by Rellidor View Post
    No it won't LOL. It's just to make the numbers look neater. They'll have the same ratios, just smaller numbers.
    Yeah, all those lvl 1 guys are gonna be left with 0.01 health, doing 0.001-0.002 damage...
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Quote Originally Posted by PureColour View Post

Actually, it will do the exact opposite. It will make soloing harder, while having no practical effect on current content.
    Unless we actually run into serious problems with CPU load, there is no real reson to bother with it.

no matter what number appears on screen, the percentages will remain the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes i remember those things, both ended up being extreme exaggerations. Item squish would be awful, and I hope it never happens.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattlehunter View Post
    Yeah, all those lvl 1 guys are gonna be left with 0.01 health, doing 0.001-0.002 damage...

No. Its very easy to define the squish to occur after a range, such as 10,000

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Actually, it will do the exact opposite. It will make soloing harder, while having no practical effect on current content.
    Unless we actually run into serious problems with CPU load, there is no real reson to bother with it.
    The reason to bother with it is that it's a lot more satisfying to upgrade from +168 strength to +180 strength, than it is to upgrade from +2408 strength to +2590. Lower numbers have more impact (That's just base fact, the difference between 11 and 12 is more recognizable than the difference between 11,000 and 12,000) and it is a bit silly to have people running around with 300k health standard and able to basically two shot old raid bosses.

Blizzard has already said that they had it working in their internal systems and actively tested it, but decided it ultimately felt weird.
    I doubt it will happen anytime soon (if at all).
    No.
    Blizzard had it fully working and was planning on implementing it, or a system where damage get's abbreviated (300,000 damage becomes 300k) , but then decided not to because they were worried that it was going to be too much change when combined the talent revamp and major class changes that occurred at the same time.

That's not how it works, it scales down the item levels of items, so that the difference in stats/health between levels gets smaller. It doesn't just shift everything down. It would make it so that at level 60, you'd have say 1k health, at 70, 1.5k, at 80 2.25k, at 90 3k, etc.
    Last edited by Hitei; 2013-07-03 at 11:31 PM.

Noticed how the squish isn't linear on the graph? Its WolTK+ content that needs to be squished.

Its an overdue change, still boggles my mind why they didn't go with it in Cata, kinda hoping for next expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Unneeded until it affects performance. Just use add-ons if you don't like seeing a lot of text on your screen.

Really, for what reason do we need a squish?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    With flex raid they increased the itemlevel even one more step each raid. .
    Not really, they just put it in-between LFR and normal gear Ilvl.

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as they nerf enemies too so that I can still solo old stuff, I don't mind.

Quote Originally Posted by rederoin View Post
    Unneeded until it affects performance. Just use add-ons if you don't like seeing a lot of text on your screen.

Really, for what reason do we need a squish?

Not really, they just put it in-between LFR and normal gear Ilvl.
    To make upgrades noticable again, going from 1150 to 1250 agility on a piece doesn't really matter versus going from 150 to 175 agility for example.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    1 million dps and 1 million healthpoints will be normal starter gear with the next expansion if this continues...
    So? It's just fucking numbers. I don't see why people care so much about it. The numbers are already up. It's a waste of time scaling down EVERY mob in wow.
    Aye mate

I get where you're coming from, but arbitrary numbers are arbitrary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Zergal View Post
    To make upgrades noticable again, going from 1150 to 1250 agility on a piece doesn't really matter versus going from 150 to 175 agility for example.

Its still a noticable upgrade. But you're comparing the wrong numbers. from 150 to 175 is a upgrade of 14%~. While from 1150 to 1250 is only 8%

Either way. going from 10k dps to 11k dps is just as noticeable as going from 1M dps to 1,1M dps. No difference. Its not more difference.
    Its not a reason to do the squash. They are just numbers, no point in wasting time on implanting this.
    Especially since it will affect soloing(its not a linear squish), which is a gameplay aspect of the game.
    Last edited by JohnBrown1917; 2013-07-04 at 12:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soratrox View Post
    (That's just base fact, the difference between 11 and 12 is more recognizable than the difference between 11,000 and 12,000) and it is a bit silly to have people running around with 300k health standard and able to basically two shot old raid bosses.
    No, that's just your opinion. I'm not even sure what makes you think that the difference between 11 and 12 could be any more recognisable than the one between 11k and 12k. It certainly isn't to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zergal View Post
    Of course not. 1150 to 1250 is a smaller upgrade than 150 to 175. One is an upgrade by 1/6, the other by less than 1/10.