Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    As long as they were suitably enjoyable and rewarding.

I'd also be curious if SOTA would work better in that format, I remember when it was originally released, demolishers in it were much slower - not the turbo-charged monsters they are today that end the game in seconds if your team doesn't bother to slow / snare them. It'd require some speed-win achievement retooling, but I think it'd work much better if it was a slower game type, though maybe that'd clash with wintergrasp a bit - at the moment the cannons are pointless though, feels lackluster.

I do think IOC and AV need something done though, splitting them is the first step towards allowing that.

I'd be all for that.
    Infectionate Pawsthorne Bubblesbee
    [A] [H]
    Nasturtium Fisticuffs Blesshu Sinnocence Ellipsis Hiddenfee Teddiursa

Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    I kinda like the idea of a caverns of time BGS where we get to fight in the epic battles of the past
    That...is an amazing idea.

I don't pvp much anymore, but if AV went back to the way it was before it became a zerg-off I would might find interest in it again.
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 4527-7566-5852. PM if you add me.

10+ Year Old Account
    My main concern is what the queue times would be for these warfronts when most people can ding out easy conquest in regular BGs. There has to be some incentive to do it perhaps conquest above BG/2s cap similar to RBGs or just a boatload of honor plus a satchel if they want to keep RBGs mandatory.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Romeothecat View Post
    That...is an amazing idea.

I don't pvp much anymore, but if AV went back to the way it was before it became a zerg-off I would might find interest in it again.
    Yeah, this is a must and I assume a given if they want to have large scale battles.

Yes, I hate small BGs. IF they revamped those big ones and did them right I would seriously PvP again.

Yes, I most certainly would!

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really PvP to tell you the truth but I'd probably try it out just because it sounds like a lot of fun. I personally would never say no to having more options for things to do. Never know, might be a lot of fun if you'd just do it instead of hanging around thinking of reasons why it's going to suck and "no...just no" (hate it when people say that).

Yes with a caveat. As long as it got away from the botfest zerg rush they are now. Maybe some sort of tooltips for bgs too. It is insane that so many horde players still have no idea of how to play IoC, randomizing the home base could fix some of this too. That last part would actually help freshen up all the maps some, but that is going off into a totally different topic.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

I have been screaming this for years hell since BC really that i want a option for a large scale pvp battleground that is feels like its a warzone. A mix of battling some pve mobs that can fight back. Upgrade the troops and send in the air support and Calvary. With the amount of battlegrounds now i cant imagine why people would be against making it its own thing with separate que that way people who want a quick pvp match can get it and those who want a longer more epic (to those who enjoy it) battle they can get it as well. I really hope and pray the next xpac or pre launch patch introduces this and i think really in the past is blizzard felt like they had a limited amount of battlegrounds so they didn't want to make this move but with so many at max level now i think its more then doable at this point.

I hope they do a similar thing with some dungeons too.

I'm not a PvP player, but this sounds like a fine idea as an added play mode for those who do enjoy it, a way to recapture some of the 'massive world PvP' feel players reminisce about. Give those who want to take part in huge conflicts a place they can always go to and do it. I support this idea, as adding more options for people to enjoy in the game is always a good idea, IMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would like something like that sure. They should either completely move the 40man bgs into the war campaigns or make it a second option like a different difficulty but with less bgs in it. I would do it all the time over regular bgs but there should be a time limit. 3 day bgs as fun as they may have been where to long. One time I was in warsong for 3 hours and that is to long.
    Last edited by Nuvuk; 2013-07-04 at 12:43 PM.

I'd give it a try. I'm hoping they make AV like vanilla since I never got to experience that.

Quote Originally Posted by mmines View Post
    I'd give it a try. I'm hoping they make AV like vanilla since I never got to experience that.
    You missed something! It was awesome back then when you could actually complete missions for your respective faction in order to send in Cavalry, Air force, elementals, trained units, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds swell IF like you say the rewards = the time. I miss Wintergrasp. Just isn't the same these days.

God how i miss old AV.
    Yes it did need to be time restricted, i remember games going for 1-2+ days.. whilst cool, it was sorta annoying, but given the "New" AV i would rather the day long AV anytime... there was just that feel of epicness to it.
    TB and WG were meh, the idea was there but its just a zerg aswell, needs to be restricted to X amount of players in an instanced zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Acepox View Post
    You missed something! It was awesome back then when you could actually complete missions for your respective faction in order to send in Cavalry, Air force, elementals, trained units, etc.
    Oh the wolfs, i miss them or the ice lord =( bringing back so many memories.
    http://tcgloot.freeforums.org/
    TCG Trading forum, seeing as blizzard took our old one away...

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd love to play Alterac Valley as it once was, I'd be truly excited if Blizzard un-zergs it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would love that. Next xpac blizz could introduce another large bg, along side a smaller 10-15 man bg. Deepwind would be slightly reworked to last longer.

40 MAN BGS

Alterac Valley
    Isle of conquest
    Tolbarad
    Wintergrasp
    Deepwing Gorge
    new one in 6.0

NORMAL QUICK BGS

Warsong Gulch
    Arathi basin
    Eye of the storm
    Strand of the ancients
    Battle for guilneas
    twin peaks
    silvershard mines
    temple of kotmogu
    New one in 6.0

I'd be all for it if I can queue only for AV. AV was amazing, Wintergrasp is stupid, TB is stupid, and IoC is just unbalanced. AV is also unbalanced, but a bit less so in longer games that aren't just zerg fests.

I would like to see this happen, but I kind of don't think they'll do it when all is said and done.