Prepare Yourselves For More Talent Changes!

They should be expected for every new expansions by now, right?

The one thing players seem to actually miss about the old talent system was that you got a point to spend for every level gained. Sure, the old talent system was just boring little percentage increases in stats with a new spell thrown it at certain points down the trees but, having that 1 point for every level gave the player a sense of progression. Now, we have 1 point for every 15 levels that will give us some form of passive or a new spell. Not really all that exciting is it? Though I do admit that it is a far better system than the old trees. As far as I can tell from complaints, that is the only real issue people seem to have (please don't try telling me there were no cookie cutter builds with the old trees. It was "use the build on the internet or gtfo").

What will happen is that they will change it up so that you have a better feeling of progression. Whether by using a Path of the Titans-like system (oh, how I wanted that...) or just changing the amount of talents by giving you one every 5 levels, for example.

I know some of you lovely people have ideas on what to do with talents so feel free to mention those ideas, but for everyone else, just like Winter, change is coming!

Sometimes updated...

I wish they'd just roll talents and glyphs together a'la the Rune system someone showcased on these forums.

But what they'll probably do is just expand the current talent system to be every 10 levels starting at 15. Possibly with talents based around your spec rather than class.
    You don't create "justice" by destroying. That includes buildings, cars, or the careers of the people you want "justice" for.

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    But what they'll probably do is just expand the current talent system to be every 10 levels starting at 15. Possibly with talents based around your spec rather than class.
    Then adding more talents which would directly increase combat capabilities.

I just wonder, why reinvent the wheel if previous system worked.

I wish they'd just roll talents and glyphs together a'la the Rune system someone showcased on these forums.

The reason I mentioned every 5 levels was mostly just because they seem intent on 5 level expansion for now so it won't need altering until they change that format. If the next expansion is 95 then the next would most likely be 100 as I doubt they'd go back to 10 levels while on an odd number like that.

I vaguely recall the Rune system you mentioned and it seems like a good idea to me. Probably won't happen but we all have our hopes on various things

Sometimes updated...

Maybe we could just get subtalents to modify in some way or another the talent we've chosen previously. Like glyphs, but with direct impact.

How was that rune system, by the way?

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    The reason I mentioned every 5 levels was mostly just because they seem intent on 5 level expansion for now so it won't need altering until they change that format. If the next expansion is 95 then the next would most likely be 100 as I doubt they'd go back to 10 levels while on an odd number like that.

I vaguely recall the Rune system you mentioned and it seems like a good idea to me. Probably won't happen but we all have our hopes on various things
    10 levels works even if it's a 5-level expansion.

15, 25, 35, 45, 55, 65, 75, 85, 95.
    You don't create "justice" by destroying. That includes buildings, cars, or the careers of the people you want "justice" for.

Quote Originally Posted by Azanoid View Post
    Maybe we could just get subtalents to modify in some way or another the talent we've chosen previously. Like glyphs, but with direct impact.

I can't find the thread that had it, sorry. Maybe dokhidamo could help if he/she doesn't mind?

Sometimes updated...

Quote Originally Posted by Azanoid View Post

It was allowing you to apply runes (like glyphs, but with talent-like effects) directly onto your abilities. You could put a cosmetic, minor, major, and prime rune onto each ability but had caps on how many of each you could have active at a time.

10 levels works even if it's a 5-level expansion.

15, 25, 35, 45, 55, 65, 75, 85, 95.
    Oh, I know. I was thinking that after 95, we'd then have the 100 cap so then every 10 levels wouldn't work. Unless you just didn't get a talent at level 100?

Sometimes updated...

It was allowing you to apply runes (like glyphs, but with talent-like effects) directly onto your abilities. You could put a cosmetic, minor, major, and prime rune onto each ability but had caps on how many of each you could have active at a time.
    That sounds cool. The problem would be then balancing, as always. Too bad that balancing can ruin so many interesting things

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Oh, I know. I was thinking that after 95, we'd then have the 100 cap so then every 10 levels wouldn't work. Unless you just didn't get a talent at level 100?
    MoP: 15, 30, 45, 60, 75, 90
    Ex5: 15, 25, 35, 45, 55, 65, 75, 85, 95
    Ex6: 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80, 90, 100

The system grows in size each expansion, how wonderful. Post-100 will require some workarounds... but that's 4 years out then.

MoP: 15, 30, 45, 60, 75, 90
    Ex5: 15, 25, 35, 45, 55, 65, 75, 85, 95
    Ex6: 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80, 90, 100

The system grows in size each expansion, how wonderful. Post-100 will require some workarounds... but that's 4 years out then.
    Oddly, I was actually just thinking about getting the first talent at level 10 xD Yeah, I'd agree with the above, really.

Sometimes updated...