Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by barackohmama View Post
    "I paid for it, therefore im entitled to see everything" No, why would you? If you're talking about a movie, sure you can. But its a freaking game, you're supposed to play to see stuff. not queue up for LFR like you added some movie into your DVD player and pressed play. When you buy the latest video game from Nintendo, does that come with a guarantee that you will see all the content in it? no it doesnt, cause you have to put effort into the game first.

I'm so tired of this discussion. No just because you pay for the game doesn't mean you're guaranteed to see everything right off the bat.
    Games generally allow different levels of difficulty for different quality of players. Tetris does it, Wolfenstein 3D does it, Tennis does it, Football does it. Every thing in life does. Just like some people are amateur lawn mowers whereas others do it for a professional career at a high profile FIFA football field.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    LFR hasn't shown any sign of holding subs.
    Really flash back to the death spiral of subs in Cat, LFR was exactly what stopped sub-loss and caused subs to re-stabilize.

Nore has it showed any sign's of losing them....so as I said proved that LFR is causing subs to drop because I personally believe its slowing down the bleed.

Once again if player's had nothing to do "Like LFR" good chance they would unsub faster.

the absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Then leave....believe it or not it is that simple.

If so much has you pissed about wow then there is the door.
    I cannot fathom why players will be irritated by flex. Honestly being able to cap VP outside LFR / scenarios and being able to know there is another step towards normal to hopfully help the dwindling playerbase above LFR recovery gives me hope.

I'm also cautious that it may TAKE some players from those normal mode guilds. However I think the new blood passing through will more then make up for that retention if they tune it succesfully.

Quote Originally Posted by jbombard View Post
    WoW now that is some serious debate skillz right there. Who needs an argument?
    What is there to debate. What you said was wrong. There were many players during Vanilla/BC. And LFG didn't come until later Wrath and didn't show any sign of helping subs or keeping people making progress as you stated.

LFR is less likely to maintain subs, people can now simply do the entire tier in a day and that's that, then unsub.

Doing it on heroic is exactly the same, just 5x the numbers. Who cares? LFR is a free ticket to everything, then you unsub.

And again, your numbers are screwy. There were raid pugs every hour of every day during Wrath/BC.
    On a few high pop servers, yes.

Nore has it showed any sign's of losing them....so as I said proved that LFR is causing subs to drop because I personally believe its slowing down the bleed.

Once again if player's had nothing to do "Like LFR" good chance they would unsub faster.

But that's what your trying to do. You said you believe it's slowing the bleed, but your asking for evidence that it's increasing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    So you can honestly say that you never wanted to flaunt any reward/accomplishment you ever did or were proud of?
    Like I said before, that either makes you Mother Teresa or a robot
    MMORPGs are 100% about vanity, it's just some people don't care about comparing to other people and are happy just staring at themselves in a mirror.

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    I cannot fathom why players will be irritated by flex. Honestly being able to cap VP outside LFR / scenarios and being able to know there is another step towards normal to hopfully help the dwindling playerbase above LFR recovery gives me hope.

I'm also cautious that it may TAKE some players from those normal mode guilds. However I think the new blood passing through will more then make up for that retention if they tune it succesfully.
    As I said there needed to be a stepping stone from LFR to Normal Mode and maybe Flex will do that.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Nekovivie View Post
    LFR is less likely to maintain subs, people can now simply do the entire tier in a day and that's that, then unsub.

Doing it on heroic is exactly the same, just 5x the numbers. Who cares? LFR is a free ticket to everything, then you unsub.
    especially when you consider the huge ilevel inflation, the bigger numbers from heroics mean even less. and the numbers are only so outrageous because the demands of casuals to have ilevel progression

Deleted

It's not only about keeping your playerbase, because people will always quit, but also about bringing in new players and make them stick to the game. This is what I think LFR fails at and even sabotages because it drives new players away, bores them.

Deleted
    Tough. Sounds like you have bigger priorities.
    As do many...

The hardcore raider who plays 12 hours a day is paying the same subscription as the mom who plays 1 hour a day max. Why would Blizzard develop content only for the hardcore raider? They're a for profit business not a charity sharing cheap cakes. Hence, you get 1 raid tuned for different types of players and skill/play styles. Nothing wrong with it. You won't get Storm's End by going AFK (you can actually, if you pay for it, which also diminishes the value of the title).

Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    No, the chart is pretty clear. The subs were increasing substantially at an enormous rate til WotLK, then stopped on its tracks right after its release. It came back up a little when ICC was released (November 2009) but at a super slow rate and never exceeded the WotLK release numbers again. If anything, considering it was the motherfucking Lich King and Icecrown Citadel, one could argue it was a complete disaster and at the very least a major disappointment.
    Not expecting huge numbers for such a major lore character would be silly.
    I hear you man. I was never so pumped in the history of this game then when I first landed on the shores of Northrend. The teaser trailer for Northrend and the deathknight class was so fucking Epic. I was like yeeeeeeeessssssssssssssssssss. Arrrrrrrrrrrrthassss

But that's what your trying to do. You said you believe it's slowing the bleed, but your asking for evidence that it's increasing it.
    Lasted checked you try'ed that stunt first by saying LFR has not slowed the sub drop down when I said you can't prove that.

So tell me what is there a higher chance of.

The Sub drop slowing down due to player's have something to do "LFR"

Or the Sub drop going faster due to haveing something to do "LFR"

Or The subs would drop faster if there was nothing to do "LFR"

Quote Originally Posted by jbombard View Post
    Really flash back to the death spiral of subs in Cat, LFR was exactly what stopped sub-loss and caused subs to re-stabilize.
    There was also an influx of annual subscribers, since it was the first thing like it for World of Warcraft. That lasted for an entire year, and I'm sure Blizzard counted those players every quarter along the way. I'm not going to say they were more than a million (I doubt it even reached 100k), but it's still a large amount of people who probably signed up for this and slowed the loss in quarter reports some what. LFR wasn't the only thing you can speculate that slowed it down.

Why do lesser skilled players feel entitled to see content?
    Answer the question "Why do players feel entitled to see content?" and you'll find the answer to your own.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post

People should be concerned about how flex will affect normal raiding. Over time, I'd say there's a fair chance that flex will become normal raiding and there will be LFR, flex and heroic. It will take a while but I think that the odds are good that this is how it will work out.

Myself, I welcome flex-raiding wholeheartedly but it doesn't take a lot of imagination to see that it's something that will cause very large and probably upsetting changes to raiding as it now stands; maybe even larger changes than LFR caused.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Ryva View Post
    It's not only about keeping your playerbase, because people will always quit, but also about bringing in new players and make them stick to the game. This is what I think LFR fails at and even sabotages because it drives new players away, bores them.
    But bringing in new player's has barely happen since the start of Cata because there is a pool of people who play MMO's and it has gotten to the point where blizzard has tapped that pool out.

With so many B2p/F2p mmo's giving near the same or equal amount of content why pay for a sub? I don't think its 100% blizzards fault or LFR to why new player's are not coming in to me its because it has gotten to the point where the well "playerbase" has been tapped out.

Also to add there is a lot more choice out there now then 5 or 8 or 10 years ago.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    PvE is cooperative. Why should i care what someone else does ?
    Because what others do/accomplish dictates whether your reward/accomplishment is worthy or not.

You think anyone who didnt just start WoW is proud of reaching level 10? Course not, a nutless monkey can do it.
    Yet on the other hand killing Heroic Lei Shen is something to be proud of and has prestige - because of how many others (as in few) have it
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"