Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Athael View Post
    But you're right - Organized raiding will never, ever be as fun for me as going out on the weekends, pursuing my career and studies, and having meaningful relationships. I guess I just don't have what it takes to be elite at this game anymore.
    People really always have to resort to "herp derp people better than me have no lives" dont they
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    the fuck does an economic crisis have to do with a hobby that costs 15 euros a month and is probably one of the cheapest hobbies there is
    wtf man
    If anything I know I play more MMOs since the economy took a shit because they're the most money efficient entertainment known to man. Im actually kind of surprised the MMO player base didn't explode in 2009.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakara View Post
    Grow up, and have fun. It's a game FFS.
    I feel like this is the best answer to a whole lot of "issues" that WoW seems to have according to casuals/hardcores/PvPers/PvErs/roleplayers/achievement hunters/transmog gear set gatherers. This game will be gone in several years and the show must go on. Have fun while it still lasts.

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    I paid $1 for Angry Birds and it's taken me a ridiculous number of hours to progress through all of the screens 3-starring them one by one without guides/videos/help/advice of any kind. I'm down to about 15 of the last extras. That is quite a bit of entertainment value for my $1.

For $15/month I better get a lot more than "Connected" out of a game.
    Well angry birds is taking you that long for a screen imagine how long heroic raiding would take you. WoW is one of the largest gaming worlds today. The game with expansion ontop of expansion is fucking huge. You could literally level to 90 then go solo all the 1-80 raid content and have MONTHS of things to do nevermind the questing experiences. Some players <myself> enjoy the storylines within each zone. Cata zone revamp pre expac launch was a pleasure and I happily did the revamped 1-60 experience in it's entirety.

So 15$ gives you access to this amazing amount of content. It says nothing about access to RAIDS. you get access to the ENITRE game world. What you accomplsh is up to you and the attitude you express towards your peers if they will accept and play with you in an advanced gaming environment.

It took me a long time to get into raiding when I started playing AS A RET PALADIN in TBC. Yes I met fucking assholes. You do know assholes exist in every aspect of life don't you? That is why there are applications for guilds and recruitment sites. So you as a player and the guild can filter out the anchors and assholes.

But at a certain point if you want into an aspect of the game you have to be assertive. You could be the best player in the game and players will still be angry and call you a fucking noob and rage at you. It happens to me and it's utterly hilarious how some players express their envy.

It's sad that you are looking at LFR as the climatic point in playing WoW. Because it is such a diluted and heavily watered down experience.

You do understand my concern isn't to withhold content from the 99%. It's to provide a rich atmosphere that has dissappeared from the lower tier of the playerbase. The diluted experience is nothing players deserve. It's certainly nothing I would find acceptable.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2013-07-05 at 11:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    No, that's not what I'm saying. Maybe someone else said that.

There are dozens or hundreds of individual things in WoW that can be summed up with a single link and yet take immense amounts of time to achieve. "Insane" and "Salty" for example. That's all good by me.
    So because you don't want it, it's ok?

10+ Year Old Account

THAT is the amount of posts this thread should have been closed at. If you can't realise what this is this far in we need some new mods.
    Aye mate

Quote Originally Posted by Athael View Post
    I do make time to do LFR, which allows me to see the content. Problem?

But you're right - Organized raiding will never, ever be as fun for me as going out on the weekends, pursuing my career and studies, and having meaningful relationships. I guess I just don't have what it takes to be elite at this game anymore. It's fine, though. I've got my Hand of A'dal title, and I'm certain most of the "hardcore" players posting in this thread don't have that. So, bragging right secured.
    the fact that you even felt the need to post this is really all we need to know about how great your life is and what ubermenschen people who LFR exclusively are

relationships AND a hand of adal title. I can scarcely believe it
    Last edited by Sniperpally; 2013-07-05 at 11:07 AM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    So because you don't want it, it's ok?
    So there's this important thing called "antecedent" and the "it" in your sentence doesn't have one.

Quote Originally Posted by Deldavala View Post
    The goal and the travel is different for everyone. And with LFR introduced you opened up another path for a lot of players that wasnt interested in the time commitment of organized raiding. This means there is more goals and more paths in the game. Meaning at the end that the game can be played in more different ways. Which by my standards is a good improvement.
    But do you really want to see the endgame content with so mimimal effort? Doesn't that kill the mystery and "hunger" for the game?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by barackohmama View Post
    But do you really want to see the endgame content with so mimimal effort? Doesn't that kill the mystery and "hunger" for the game?
    Maybe for you and me, but not for millions of others. Why are we to judge what they feel is good enough?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by barackohmama View Post
    Well it works better than watching youtube videos...

Quote Originally Posted by Warfang View Post
    And the people saying "casuals shouldn't get to do this" aren't parrots as well? The argument goes both ways. People without the time to put in want to see where the story is going and be a part of it, it is a RPG after all. The people who do have the time to do it miss the days of standing in Orgimmar and Stormwind on top of the mail boxes, being spammed with whispers asking where they got that thing they have. We all want to feel special in some way. The fact that people argue over this and get so angry about it just proves why video games will never be considered an art form and move past the squabbling, petty, rage filled community that it is. It saddens me to see threads like this, because in the end, it doesn't matter.

Blizzard won't listen to you. Blizzard won't give casuals heroic gear. Blizzard won't deny it's customers the chance to see what it has created. They are trying to make a larger community effort. Maybe if these people could get some entry level experience and gear, hardcore guilds would have a larger recruitment base. Maybe they want people to see what they spent years working on. They are artists, and artists want to share what they have done with as many people as possible.
    I'm sorry have you read any of my other posts? No? Didn't seem like it to me either.

All LFR really is right now is a replacement for what heroic 5 mans were. That's it really. The same people who couldn't be bothered to find a group in chat are the same ones who can't be bothered to take up normal raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    I'm sorry have you read any of my other posts? No? Didn't seem like it to me either.
    Well you didn't read mine, so I guess there are a few guilty people here.

Quote Originally Posted by Warfang View Post
    its actually not very relevant at all because its about single player games: a category where exclusivity is kind of pointless, but his conspicuous omission of multiplayer suggests he knows that the same logic does not apply
    Last edited by Sniperpally; 2013-07-05 at 11:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    You know what's funny. Angry birds content will last you about as long as WoW content.

This too lol. We all know deep down that the 'seeing the story' argument is bogus for the most part.
    its not. Doing the fights in person is very very important if you desire the lore.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post

THAT is the amount of posts this thread should have been closed at. If you can't realise what this is this far in we need some new mods.
    Can mods please post a warning for future infracts if posts like this keep happening? it's pointless and intentional derailing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniperpally View Post
    its actually not very relevant at all because its about single player games

his points are good, but directed at something entirely irrelevant
    The points in his video are all the same points you all are spewing. Casuals shouldn't get to see the end of the game. Casuals shouldn't get to kill the bosses. Be content with watching videos of us doing it and do it vicariously. No easy modes. Get over it, filthy casuals.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    its not. Doing the fights in person is very very important if you desire the lore.

Can mods please post a warning for future infracts if posts like this keep happening? it's pointless and intentional derailing.
    Because being with nerds on vent is so immersive, it just blends right in with the lore.

10+ Year Old Account
    They already do. And I don't care. The OP is an asshole and even his own realm hates him. People like him have no place on this fourm and are only dragging in down even more then it has been already.

Mod Edit: Please don't insult other people.
    Last edited by mmoc99cfbcce04; 2013-07-05 at 11:29 AM.
    Aye mate