1. #2581
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Because blizzard feels that we are entitled too it.
    So, if Blizzard stops feeling that way, you'll change your mind too?
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "Almost every time I have gotten to know a critic personally, they keep up with the criticism but lose the venom." -- Ghostcrawler
    I hate these casual Fridays ruining it for real Fridays.

  2. #2582
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooboy View Post
    Only it's the other way round, and this thread is the proof of that. Started by someone that sees themselves as better than a group of people wanting to take something away from that group so they feel special.

    That's this thread in a nutshell.
    No people have been spoiled by stuff like LFR and getting epics with no effort in general. They have totally lost respect for what made WoW so great in the beginning. When I was a noob back in the days I didnt care about not doing the same thing as the hard core raiders. There were plenty of things for me to do anyways. And raids were something mysterious and compelling, not something I could do by clicking one button and then /afk. That's the concern.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    If it ruins the mystery for you, then don't do it. Seriously, I can't imagine why this is so hard for the hater crowd to grasp.
    Ruins the mystery for me? I never said that. It ruins the mystery for those people who usually dont raid of course.

  3. #2583
    Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    Re-read his post.
    I stand by my statement. The people who do LFR do it because they want to. It hurts nobody.

  4. #2584
    Right now im at 11/13 working on heroic Lei Shen(25), are there really people who are as progressed or more progressed than I am who are on this thread bashing on LFR?

    The truth is that if you are near completing this tier, you are probably much more concerned with 10 vs 25 man, players content with only running LFR are practically in another universe when it comes to 'raiding.'
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    There is not a flag large enough to cover the shame of killing innocent people. -Howard Zinn
    Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away. -Philip K. Dick
    The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them. -George Orwell

  5. #2585
    Quote Originally Posted by barackohmama View Post
    As i've said countless of times now. It removes the mystery in game. It removes much of the community feel, just because ppl can't be arse to socialize in game. People are getting spoiled and childish when you just give them everything for free. It's not good for them nor for the community as a whole.
    Erm...you know where your posting right?

    "removes the mystery in game" he posts on the site showing the PTR patch notes, look of the new gear and the legendary cloak....what mystery? Even in vanilla it didn't exist it was just a Thott bot away.

    The community...again what's that got to do with the topic at hand, do bad players not talk as much so shouldn't see content?

    And who's getting free epics? Is this the colour thing again, I thought that was done to death, you know because you can see in big letters RAID FINDER and the ilevel is 502 instead of 522 or higher...

    I want you to look at this thread, look at the replies from people and tell me that it's because the game got easy that people in here are dicks...

    Most of the unreasonable comments and just flat out stupid, is it they coming from the people who really aren't bothered or the people who want things to change?

    Be honest....
    "The fact that you don't get it or like it is fine. The fact that you wanna ruin it for everyone else - that's why you're a cocksucker." - Bill Hicks
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    The playerbase has been desiring this for years and when it's finally here, everyone wants to grab a pitchfork. Ridiculous. This community is disgustingly toxic.
    Please send all PM's with a read receipt, that way both you and I will know I'm not reading them....

  6. #2586
    Quote Originally Posted by barackohmama View Post
    And you're wrong blizzard won't remove LFR. They have "removed" stuff that was too numbed down and easy before. Remember those ICC 5-mans with free epics? Blizzard admitted they were too easy, learned by their mistake and didn't do the same mistake next exp.
    Well, they did actually have those the next expansion. The next expansion was Cata, which had ZA/ZG with "welfare epics", then later had End Time, Well of Eternity, and Hour of Twilight with DS, much the same as the ICC 5mans. They didn't have those in MoP, instead having epics that rarely dropped in regular heroic dungeons. They then later said that it may have been a mistake for them to not add in any 5-mans, if not for lore purposes and such. Facts, you know.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

  7. #2587
    Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    Then I'm afraid you're reading it wrong.

    It's not about people particularly caring about what other people do.

    It's the fact that these people are no longer invested in the community that affects them.
    And since the majority of people didn't raid to begin with, then they weren't before either. Also, the raiding community isn't all that matters.

  8. #2588
    Its just game lol, hard raid`s must give best gears.

  9. #2589
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Oslo, Norway
    Posts
    982
    Quote Originally Posted by barackohmama View Post
    No people have been spoiled by stuff like LFR and getting epics with no effort in general. They have totally lost respect for what made WoW so great in the beginning. When I was a noob back in the days I didnt care about not doing the same thing as the hard core raiders. There were plenty of things for me to do anyways. And raids were something mysterious and compelling, not something I could do by clicking one button and then /afk. That's the concern.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Ruins the mystery for me? I never said that. It ruins the mystery for those people who usually dont raid of course.
    Some people dont want mystery. They want things to be laid out in front of them so the could see it. Why is it so bad to have different ways to play the game?

  10. #2590
    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    I stand by my statement. The people who do LFR do it because they want to. It hurts nobody.
    It hurts the community and is slowly killing the game. It's a design flaw by blizzard. I'm not opposing or feeling better than ppl that do LFR, it's just that people don't see what it's doing to the game.

  11. #2591
    I simply Lol over this are you guys really meaning making exclusive raids for 0.5% 1% of the player base would be a good thing ?

    i mean come on LFR its what? over 40 ilvls under HC thunderforged items you get mounts ,titles and feats of strength for completing HC isnt that exclusive enough ?

    let them have LFR its sounding more like greed and the attitude i want it all becouse im a skilled player let it go its not about you its about all the players.

  12. #2592
    Quote Originally Posted by barackohmama View Post
    It hurts the community and is slowly killing the game. It's a design flaw by blizzard. I'm not opposing or feeling better than ppl that do LFR, it's just that people don't see what it's doing to the game.
    It's doing nothing to the game, except giving people who didn't raid more to do. Do you guys forget that most people didn't raid before anyway?

  13. #2593
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Oh yes how dare devoted fans be passionate about a game and have questions when they can talk directly to the development team and lore panel about new content / games. How dare those ... THOSE NERDS!
    If you have ever seen a question and answer panel you would note the behavior of the person asking the question. Its not that they ask a question, it is HOW they ask the question.

    For example;
    A nerd walks up to the microphone and says, "As a Rogue I would like to see more development on Rogues and I don't feel they get adequate development and balancing. Will we be seeing any changes to Rogues to bring them up to current top dps standards?" This sounds like an completely appropriate question but thats not the question that gets asked at a question answer segment.

    What they say is, "When are you going to get your heads out of your asses and fix rogues?" Then fill the voice with as much bile and malice as possible and you get your average question asker.

  14. #2594
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Oslo, Norway
    Posts
    982
    Quote Originally Posted by barackohmama View Post
    It hurts the community and is slowly killing the game. It's a design flaw by blizzard. I'm not opposing or feeling better than ppl that do LFR, it's just that people don't see what it's doing to the game.
    How is having extra options hurting the game? The only difference it makes is that the bad-PuGers are now in LFR instead. The community isnt going to be worse just by the fact that someone is raiding in a cross server instance that needs queing. The players that didnt want to socialize in the game now has a way to raid, without all the hassle of trying to put a some what decent group up and running.

  15. #2595
    Quote Originally Posted by Mumba View Post
    Do people complaining about LFR get a boner or something from denying content from other people? I don't get it, what's the problem with everyone getting to experience what the game has to offer? It doesn't affect you in any way.

    Also this topic is quite unnecessary since Blizzard are happy with it and will _never_ remove it.
    I couldn't care less how other people decide to experience content. I think it was a nice addition to the game and it's pretty nice to gear up and practice on alts.

    My problem with LFR is that I sometimes felt "forced" to do it on my main. While I know that no one is really forcing me, some of the set bonuses and trinkets were pretty crucial. Another thing was the legendary quest chain, if I sat out on a boss where someone else had higher priority on loot, then I had to run LFR specifically for that boss so I didn't get even further behind (had pretty atrocious luck at the beginning of t15).

    Some of these issues will hopefully be alleviated with flex raids, but trinkets could again be an issue if rng doesn't like you.

  16. #2596
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    I'm sorry was I talking to you. I don't think anyone but Ce needs to provide input.
    Pro-Tip: this is a message board and you should expect responses from anyone.
    Stating an opinion as fact does not make it fact. Opinions are not fact. So don't be stupid and make a fool of yourself by trying to pass off your opinion as fact.

  17. #2597
    Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    Then I'm afraid you're reading it wrong.

    It's not about people particularly caring about what other people do.

    It's the fact that these people are no longer connected to the community that affects them. WoW is pretty much a single-player game for mopst players - and the people who would have been interested in raiding(which is a minority) no longer get compelled to go towards it, shrinking the raiding population even more.
    Wow was like that a bit before LFG happen then LFG happen and it became more like that.

    Personally I would rather play wow as a single player game then a MMO after all the shitheads I have to deal with on my past 2 servers and I refuse to pay blizzard a 25$ per toon fee to transfer off my old server.

    Want to really know why people don't care about the community ill tell you why its not because of LFR or LFG its because of what the community has turned into. Its a shithole its been a shithole for quite sometime and people like myself no longer want to deal with it so we treat wow like a single player game.

    Blame the community the community wants new members of there guild to know all fights be 100% perfect with there class to the point they can pull 100k dps in geens. The community thinks trolling is cool the community treats anyone who is new like a plague and because of all of this the community is falling apart.

    Tired of player's treating wow like a single player games.....tell the community to grow the fuck up and stop being assholes every chance they get because it makes them laugh.

    To even prove my point more how many threads dose MMOC get a week of people posting about how they dropped a portal in LFR on a food table and it ported people out. While they find that funny I find it stupid and a waste of my time and that is just one of the many reasons why I don't want to deal with the Wow-Community.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2013-07-05 at 12:44 PM.
    My Gaming PC: Intel Core i5-4690K|Be quiet! PURE ROCK 87.|MSI Z97 PC MATE ATX LGA1150|G.Skill Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory|1TB Western Digital Caviar Blue|Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 4GB WINDFORCE 3X Video Card|Rosewill RISE ATX Full Tower Case| SeaSonic S12II 620W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply|Samsung SH-224DB/BEBE DVD-CD Writer

    My Twitch Stream Playing Games All The Time: http://www.twitch.tv/jtbrig7390

  18. #2598
    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    It's doing nothing to the game, except giving people who didn't raid more to do. Do you guys forget that most people didn't raid before anyway?
    and don't forget that before the introduction of LFD (3.3.0) and LFR (4.3.0) everyone was lovely and nice to everyone else all the time....
    "The fact that you don't get it or like it is fine. The fact that you wanna ruin it for everyone else - that's why you're a cocksucker." - Bill Hicks
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    The playerbase has been desiring this for years and when it's finally here, everyone wants to grab a pitchfork. Ridiculous. This community is disgustingly toxic.
    Please send all PM's with a read receipt, that way both you and I will know I'm not reading them....

  19. #2599
    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    It's doing nothing to the game, except giving people who didn't raid more to do. Do you guys forget that most people didn't raid before anyway?
    It does a whole lot to the community. How can you not see that? If everyone is doing LFR with total strangers on other realms, your own realm community will die, it's just a matter of time. Plus everyone will be spoiled and the mystery is gone(even if you dont think mystery matters, it actually does for alot of people).

  20. #2600
    The Lightbringer AlarStormbringer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    ...location, location!
    Posts
    3,504
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudor View Post
    There is no hate. Topic is: Why doesn't people want to learn instead of wanting to learn? Would you receive welfare IRL or work a good job?
    Bad metaphor/analogy/whatever is bad. It's not always easy to GET a good job.

    Avatar by Ely
    My deviantART

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •