Quote Originally Posted by olioster View Post
    Because they pay the same $15 as you do a month.
    Hello page 1 - 132 nice to see you. I'm sure this single phrase has been said over 100 times in this thread by 100 different people.

It's a pretty laughable retort considering it only entitles you to access to the servers.

The person could be incompetent and incapable of obtaining the gear to even enter LFR. That doesn't entitle him to enter it until he meets said requirements. Though the scenarios is unlikely in your mind. It may very well happen.

The better question to the entire OP should be,"Why do 'skilled' players think that other players seeing the same content as them have any effect on their ability to play?" Yet another special snowflake thread talking about a false sense of accomplishment from playing a game. Really if you are that pathetic that you need validation of your life through a video game and are upset at the fact that every day joe schmoe people are playing in the same area as you then perhaps you need psychiatric help.
    It was never intended to spread the word of God through subjugation and oppression. The word of God can only ever be spread by peace, love, understanding, and faith.

Quote Originally Posted by barackohmama View Post
    I saw it coming. "get with the times". Yeah i'm doing that and i'm seeing a dying game. Hopefully blizzard can come to their senses and make great game again(hint it involes doing your own game from imagination)
    Because clearly the game is dying because of LFR and the subs was not dropping before LFR came out......O WAIT they was dropping before LFR came out.

Can you please come up with a better lie then LFR is killing WOW.
    My Gaming PC: Intel Core i5-4690K|Be quiet! PURE ROCK 87.|MSI Z97 PC MATE ATX LGA1150|G.Skill Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory|1TB Western Digital Caviar Blue|Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 4GB WINDFORCE 3X Video Card|Rosewill RISE ATX Full Tower Case| SeaSonic S12II 620W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply|Samsung SH-224DB/BEBE DVD-CD Writer

My Twitch Stream Playing Games All The Time: http://www.twitch.tv/jtbrig7390

You can queue up with friends yes. But how often do you queue up with 40 friends? Almost all LFR ive ever been in either involves insulting or no communication whatsoever.

Forbidden fruit. no. But from personal experience and people I know that has been a round for a while says, it's esentially numbing down the game. I'm not saying anything here because I look down on players that does LFR, I'm saying it because I have concerns for a game I love being a casual or not.

The mystery and excitement for the unknown in wow existed for many. But not everyone remembers the time before LFR.
    If you don't like it don't do it.

You don't need 40 friends to enjoy socializing in LFR. I go in with 1 or 2 every time and I enjoy every run.

The mystery exists in your head. If you are against things that ruin the mystery then I will expect you at the next anti-Youtube rally.

Quote Originally Posted by Choptimus View Post
    So LFR is more of a challenge compared to hc dungeons/scenarios/challenge modes?

What?

You said you miss out on a lot of fun challenges, but LFR gives you more. LFR is a fun challenge? If you want a casual paced challenge do challenge modes? Or have you got all golds already?

LFR is not a fun challenge, if you consider it to be a fun challenge you are a bad player.
    Well, when an LFR wing opens up, I often see us wiping a couple of times. So it's not a complete cake walk. LFR in MoP is more difficult than HC dungeons, in my opinion. That said, it doesn't take long for either experience to become really easy. After that it's just something you farm every week for loot. I consider it a challenge on the basis that we do, in fact, wipe a few times the first week or so. If there was literally no challenge, there'd be no wipes at all. It follows that there must be a challenge of sorts, per definition. Furthermore, I enjoy LFR immensely, so it's indeed fun for me. That makes it a fun challenge (in the sense that I just explained).

And no, challenge mode dungeons are more difficult, obviously. But I didn't say otherwise now, did I? I only mentioned dungeons and scenarios, which I believe are easier to complete than LFR. Even so, like I said, all of it is a cake walk after a short while.

But you're missing my point. It's not about the challenge, it's about the experience.
    Challenge modes are fun and difficult to be sure, but they are essentially just a tough version of the 5-mans.
    LFR gives us a new environment to experience. And you get to play in a large group of players.
    So it's another experience entirely. And we get to participate in the story of the game, as it often culminates in the raid instances.

To say that casual players such as myself shouldn't be given the opportunity to do raids in LFR mode because there are more difficult modes, is like saying we shouldn't be allowed into 5-mans either because there's now a challenge mode.

A challenge may vary in difficulty. There is a challenge in entering a brand new LFR mode wing with a bunch of people who are as new to it as you. Not a hard challenge of course, but a challenge nonetheless. I'm not saying it compares to normal and heroic mode, but it's something. You're not automatically a bad player because you prefer LFR. I suppose you and your guild of internet heroes execute a boss fight flawlessly each time there's a brand new encounter? No? Well, hot diggity daffodil, you must be a bad player! Except I doubt you are. I think a bad player is someone who never gets better. Everyone's a rookie at first. Even you.

Even so, let's assume I'm not as good a player as you, what on this green Earth entitles you to more content than me? I pay the same monthly fee as you do.
    We both get to participate in the content. I get a small taste of it; you get your challenge, and the rewards that come with it. Everybody wins.

Please leave LFR alone.
    Last edited by Iluvhir Strafermeyer; 2013-07-05 at 01:30 PM. Reason: Needed to append a thought.
    We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Because clearly the game is dying because of LFR and the subs was not dropping before LFR came out......O WAIT they was dropping before LFR came out.

Can you please come up with a better lie then LFR is killing WOW.
    Who says the number of players is what matters most? LFR is a great example of that it's not the numbers that matters. I mean 25 man and even 10 man does a better job at preserving the community, than 40 strangers together. And yes WoW subs are still dropping and is the lowest since vanilla. It's only not because of the LFR of course. But LFR is certainly not making wow recover, plus it gets the worst out of people. It actually started with LFD and xrealm BGs. I'm not saying they are no where near LFR, but we could've been so much better off without them.

of course 5 man heroics are easier to complete them LFR. that design was deliberate. as a result they are a hundred fold easier then even the wrath ones.

Herald of the Titans
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinalcrack View Post
    block players over a certain ilvl from doing LFR so there are no more carries
    Actually if I had my druthers I would scale gear in LFR down if it exceeded a cap.

For example, in the first wing of ToT LFR, cap ilevel at, let's say, 490.

In the last wing, let's say, 502.

That way, visitors from the loftier reaches of raiding are stuck doing their fair share and nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by Mudor View Post
    There is no hate. Topic is: Why doesn't people want to learn instead of wanting to learn? Would you receive welfare IRL or work a good job?
    Working a good job is not available for every one, not everyone makes 120k a year or more. It's the same in WoW not everyone is able to commit as much time to raid at a certain level.

Now a game as WoW needs these casual players, since there is only a few raiders, if they don't get content they want, they won't subscribe, losing subscribtions can (not necessarily, but it would hurt the game in many ways) mean the end of World of Warcraft which in turn, makes you unable to play. Childish? Perhaps, but why would they pay for a game they don't like?

Blizzard implemented certain things to keep those players playing, ON TOP OF THAT, they added difficulty modes for people that want to achieve more.

Herald of the Titans
    Who says the number of players is what matters most? LFR is a great example of that it's not the numbers that matters.
    WoW is a great example of it's the numbers that do matter.

Meanwhile, LFR is 25-man not 40.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    If you don't like it don't do it.

You don't need 40 friends to enjoy socializing in LFR. I go in with 1 or 2 every time and I enjoy every run.

The mystery exists in your head. If you are against things that ruin the mystery then I will expect you at the next anti-Youtube rally.
    I forgot not everyone has heads to use. Sorry.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-07-05 at 01:58 PM.

"Lesser skilled players," what you consider the majority of WoW players unlike your exalted self, don't pay the same money as you in order to support your access to content, but their own access. And THAT is why we feel entitled to see content: because we pay to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Hello page 1 - 132 nice to see you. I'm sure this single phrase has been said over 100 times in this thread by 100 different people.

It's a pretty laughable retort considering it only entitles you to access to the servers.

The person could be incompetent and incapable of obtaining the gear to even enter LFR. That doesn't entitle him to enter it until he meets said requirements. Though the scenarios is unlikely in your mind. It may very well happen.
    The question isn't the requirements but rather who gets to set the requirements. Blizzard says you have to have Ilevel 460 to start in LFR, if elitists get what they want then less than 10% of the player base gets to decide who gets to experience the content based on, "Do you have the purples? No? Then you don't get the purples." I would rather the creators of the game decide what door you have to step through to see the content than random people who think that the majority of people should not be allowed to experience the content based on them not beloning to the minority.

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    WoW is a great example of it's the numbers that do matter.

Meanwhile, LFR is 25-man not 40.
    How so? 10 man guilds are more popular than 25 man for raiding. And yes LFR is 25 man confused it with old raids/AV x-realm.

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    of course 5 man heroics are easier to complete them LFR. that design was deliberate. as a result they are a hundred fold easier then even the wrath ones.
    They also drop worse loot. No one complains that easy content drops worse loot there, even though there's a slim chance of purples in some.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodd View Post
    "Lesser skilled players," what you consider the majority of WoW players unlike your exalted self, don't pay the same money as you in order to support your access to content, but their own access. And THAT is why we feel entitled to see content: because we pay to do so.
    I'm going to continue to adress this, sorry. You do not pay for content or items or titles or mounts. You pay for one thing only: access to the game. What you do with that and what you achieve in the game is up to your skill and your dedication.

I forgot not everyone has heads to use. Sorry.
    If you can't handle intelligent debate then don't bother debating. Your entire argument is based on opinion and "Mystery" and not facts, logic and reason. I you are not strong enough to carry the water in buckets having buckets with holes in them won't help you.

Who says the number of players is what matters most? LFR is a great example of that it's not the numbers that matters. I mean 25 man and even 10 man does a better job at preserving the community, than 40 strangers together. And yes WoW subs are still dropping and is the lowest since vanilla. It's only not because of the LFR of course. But LFR is certainly not making wow recover, plus it gets the worst out of people. It actually started with LFD and xrealm BGs. I'm not saying they are no where near LFR, but we could've been so much better off without them.
    ...First off LFR is 25man not 40 and also you can not prove we would have done better without LFD and finally blizzard say's the numbers matter why do you think they are always trying to get new subs and keep the ones they got.
    My Gaming PC: Intel Core i5-4690K|Be quiet! PURE ROCK 87.|MSI Z97 PC MATE ATX LGA1150|G.Skill Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory|1TB Western Digital Caviar Blue|Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 4GB WINDFORCE 3X Video Card|Rosewill RISE ATX Full Tower Case| SeaSonic S12II 620W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply|Samsung SH-224DB/BEBE DVD-CD Writer

My Twitch Stream Playing Games All The Time: http://www.twitch.tv/jtbrig7390

Quote Originally Posted by Jainzar View Post
    I'm going to continue to adress this, sorry. You do not pay for content or items or titles or mounts. You pay for one thing only: access to the game. What you do with that and what you achieve in the game is up to your skill and your dedication.
    This argument is repeated with some regularity. It is pointless at best, intentionally misleading at worst. It confuses the Terms of Service, which describe what you can sue over, with customer expectations, which can be anything a customer wishes them to be.

Blizzard caters to the majority not because the majority are entitled. They cater to the majority because it makes sense for them to do so, because those players would stop sending Blizzard money if what they were getting didn't live up to the majority's desires. The majority doesn't need to resort to some spurious notion of entitlement for this to work; brute consumer power is sufficient.

If some minority, such as the one you are apparently in, doesn't like this... too bad, so sad!
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "Almost every time I have gotten to know a critic personally, they keep up with the criticism but lose the venom." -- Ghostcrawler
    I hate these casual Fridays ruining it for real Fridays.

Quote Originally Posted by Zechs-cenarius View Post
    The better question to the entire OP should be,"Why do 'skilled' players think that other players seeing the same content as them have any effect on their ability to play?" Yet another special snowflake thread talking about a false sense of accomplishment from playing a game. Really if you are that pathetic that you need validation of your life through a video game and are upset at the fact that every day joe schmoe people are playing in the same area as you then perhaps you need psychiatric help.
    No. I consider myself an average player and even then some of the fights are nod-worthy easy. We don't want validation, we want challenging. If you keep nerfing things so the "less-skilled" can see content then it means all your "skilled" players find new games. We complain because the retarded dumbing down of the game to suit "less-skilled" players, means that our skilled player base is going elsewhere, to other games where there are still challenges that mean something. I miss having equally skilled players to hang out with/raid with. And knocking someones accomplishment threshold because it doesn't match your own is ignorant. I like going to bed and thinking, "I had fun today." And I don't appreciate anyone telling me that my fun is any less important than their fun. If you want to play normals and Heroics, play BETTER or stick to LFR. Nerfing my fun IS affecting my DESIRE to play.

To answer the OP, because less skilled players don't understand that they are BAD.