Page 34 of 134 FirstFirst ...
24
32
33
34
35
36
44
84
... LastLast
  1. #661
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaqwert View Post
    Does Lebron James deserve more money for playing basketball than you or I do? Why is it fair he makes so much money just because he's good at it.
    Because he makes a boatload of money for his team and gets paid a lot of money in return for that.
    How much money do you make for Blizzard due to your raiding skill ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sodee View Post
    As a retort, I will ask you this: What does it matter and how does it affect you that someone like me is doing LFR? I'm not getting your gear, your achievements nor your mounts. What right do you have to say that someone like me should not be allowed to experience a bastardized version of raid content that awards gear miles below yours?
    It's funny how no one every answers that.

  2. #662
    Quote Originally Posted by Krolikn View Post
    Maybe because they pay for the game just like you. Now stop stressing yourself out, guy
    In every other game paying is one thing. what you put into the game in terms of effort is another. Why should WoW be different, and if so what would make WoW a game? So if you pay for let's say Super Mario Bros, and you're a terrible player and can't get past the first level, you would want Nintendo to nerf the game just so you can experience all content?

  3. #663
    Moderator Nobleshield's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Tampa Bay, Florida
    Posts
    4,979
    The real irony is that I'd be surprised if the OP was helpful to so-called "lesser skilled players" to you know, help them improve. Now I'm not talking about hand-holding, but you know provide advice or act as a mentor if asked. I'm more certain that he would be one of those people in LFR who constantly links meters and calls everyone else scrubs for "doing less DPS than I was at 85" or similar rubbish.
    NOBLESHIELD
    <Meliora> of Turalyon-US
    Raids & Dungeons Moderator | Mod Voice


  4. #664
    Epic! Nyxxi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,713
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamatayan View Post
    It is because of eliteist no life having basement dwelling morons like you that i quit raiding and have nothing to do with guilds i would rather take my chances with LFR. I feel sorry that your life sucks so bad that the only thing that matters is what you do in a game.But here is a question for you what the fuck does it matter what others do or get or how they get it?????Does it affect your gameplay?? or is it you can no longer feel superior in a game to make up for your failed life?
    You seem incredibly naive to me or just very very very unlucky with guilds or just suck at researching guilds. There are a lot more friendly raiding guilds out there than jackass guilds...but hey, if LFR is just as fun for you as normal raiding then good for you

    I'd also like to point out that one post doesn't sum up someones entire life and that Blizzard catering to the "lesser skilled" (as OP put it) can at some times affect other players simply through the fact that less time can be devoted on certain aspects in favour of others e.g. LFR.
    Last edited by Nyxxi; 2013-07-04 at 12:33 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crym View Post
    Spoiler: The reason Garrosh is defeated is because, just when he's being attacked, Malchezaar pops out of a portal, yells "yoink!", and takes his weapon away.
    Armory

  5. #665
    Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    It's funny how no one every answers that.
    Similarly, let's say LFR was restricted to one tier behind(like right now you could do t14 but no ToT, it'd drop same gear as normal t14 instead of LFR T14). I'm sure a lot of people would complain. Yet the exact same question could be asked - as long as you have content, why does it matter what other people do?

    Bringing game design problematics to personal levels is not the right approach.

  6. #666
    Quote Originally Posted by barackohmama View Post
    Then you should know why so many hate school. You're in a group with ppl that doesnt want to know you, just like LFR.
    You're aware the average age of wow players is over 30 right?

    There's more women playing than there are teen boys too.

    I'm pretty average for wow players. I am atypical of hardcore raiders though. Which is fine. I don't want to hardcore raid.

    I don't want to be there, you don't want me there. So what's your problem here? Why do you think socialisation between these disparate groups of players should be forced?
    Last edited by Windfury; 2013-07-04 at 12:25 PM.

  7. #667
    Quote Originally Posted by Baelfire View Post
    Why instead of removing LFR blizzard don't increase the difficult in normal and hc raids, now bad player have they chance to see the content, and so HARDCORE raiders will spent months on the same boss like back in vanilla and will feel special enough when they put down, game will be seen by everybody and finished by less of them and..of course no nerfs at all in normal and hc mode
    Not sure if sarcastic or not, because this is exactly what they did do. And so the slew of threads about how WoW is dying, raiding is dying and even this thread complaining about how LFR is stealing all the raiders.

    Players, including the OP demanded exclusivity, they got it, and now they're complaining they have no one to experience that exclusive Heroic content with. Ironic, don't you think?

  8. #668
    Quote Originally Posted by Windfury View Post
    You're aware the average age of wow players is over 30 right?

    There's more women playing than there are teen boys too.

    I'm pretty average for wow players. I am atypical of hardcore raiders though. Which is fine. I don't want to hardcore raid.

    I don't want to be there, you don't want me there. So what's your problem here? Why do you think socialisation between these disparate groups of players should be forced?
    My problem is that blizzard is trying to change the game into a less social and numbed down game. Back in the days when you played video games you bought your game and that was it. You couldn't make the game creators change the game to suite your needs. Either you liked the game or you sold it and bought another one that would suite your playstyle better.

  9. #669
    Epic! Nyxxi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,713
    Quote Originally Posted by Sodee View Post
    As a retort, I will ask you this: What does it matter and how does it affect you that someone like me is doing LFR? I'm not getting your gear, your achievements nor your mounts. What right do you have to say that someone like me should not be allowed to experience a bastardized version of raid content that awards gear miles below yours?
    I think he is stating more that LFR has added another section to the game that developers have to devote their time to, meaning less time to spend on normal and heroic raids. Although with how ToT has turned out, I haven't seen a drop in quality.
    Last edited by Nyxxi; 2013-07-04 at 12:31 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crym View Post
    Spoiler: The reason Garrosh is defeated is because, just when he's being attacked, Malchezaar pops out of a portal, yells "yoink!", and takes his weapon away.
    Armory

  10. #670
    The Lightbringer Ermahgerd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    3,818
    Quote Originally Posted by Payback View Post
    1: The "lesser skilled" players pay the same as you do.
    2: There are a lot more "lesser skilled" players than elite players
    3: Blizzard is a business
    4: Keeping "lesser skilled" players happy makes a lot more money than keeping elite players happy
    5: See point 3
    1: This argument is overused and doesn't make sense. Sure, everyone pays the same amount of money, but they sure as hell don't pay the same amount of effort.
    2: That's because blizzard is catering to the lesser skilled players more and more, which means players don't even HAVE to improve in order to play the game, and eventually when they do, they'll be bored aswell because the "journey" is gone.
    3: A business that's starting to die, at least the WoW department.
    4. See point 2, those "lesser skilled" players will get bored eventually aswell because there's NOTHING to do anymore besides running the same content every single damn week.

  11. #671
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudor View Post
    If you are a terrible player who has no chance to ever get into a raiding guild or pug normal modes, why do you expect to see raid content?
    Because they pay for the content?
    In the end, WoW is a product that one buys and pays for to see it's content. Don't get me wrong, in my opinion a terrible player shouldn't be able to do heroic mode content at all, but that doesn't mean that they shouldn't see the content at all.

    Would be bad for the game overall if they couldn't see the content since over 70% of the playerbase is casual, whom will most likely stop playing if they don't see content at all, which means blizzard loses 70% of it's income, which means WoW will just stop to be.

    1: This argument is overused and doesn't make sense. Sure, everyone pays the same amount of money, but they sure as hell don't pay the same amount of effort.
    Let's not forget that World of Warcraft is a game, not a privilege.
    Last edited by Maveaux; 2013-07-04 at 12:33 PM.

  12. #672
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyxxi View Post
    You seem incredibly naive to me or just very very very unlucky with guilds or just suck at researching guilds. There are a lot more friendly raiding guilds out there than jackass guilds...but hey, if LFR is just as fun for you as normal raiding then good for you

    I'd also like to point out that one post doesn't sum up someones entire life and that Blizzard catering to the "lesser skilled" (as OP put it) does actually affect higher skilled player's gameplay through content provided, time spent on types of content etc.
    in response to your first point I feel that alot of the "raiding guild groups are jerks" kind of mentality is due to the extremely vocal (and highly negative) voices, pretty much the same thing that plagues the PVP community. not everyone who does PVE or PVP is a jerk but it's difficult to think that when there IS a fairly high chance on trying to join either that you'll run into one of the people who is and has no problem proving it. sadly you can't put a muzzle on someone typing insults on the internet so it's not going to be easy to remove that unease or the unhelpful aspects of the community.

    in response to your second point..as distracting from content goes an easier difficulty mode is fairly minor in comparison to some other things that could be done, really all it is is a matter of scaling and deactivating some of the bossfight abilities and in some cases they don't even do that so it winds up being damage and health being scaled down as well as item level and the color of the sets being different. the fact that blizzard has a group in their development team dedicated to instances and raids (they also have a quest team, and a PVP team, really most of their processes seem to have an associated team) means that after they've finished the raid if there isn't going to be one on the next patch anyway what else do they have to do?
    ...at this point it's almost guaranteed that "war in warcraft" is garrosh getting on his incompetent podium to declare yet another group his enemy for the crime of breathing his air, alliance saying this is horde favoritism, and the more....special....yes.. let's go with special... horde players seeing garrosh as a god because he lets them attack the alliance players who keep saying that out being led by a moron is horde favoritism.

  13. #673
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    Full. Of. Shit.



    I know I'm not wrong, is the thing. The game will be over in less than 2 tears with you carebears steering the ship.

    Bicker about how I'm not not making any points in this thread or w.e. I've seen this thread enough now to know that it's not worth it trying to explain it to such hard heads people.
    With people like you incharge the game would of died long ago.
    You clearly know NOTHING about business- and if you claim you do that you are a liar- but then again...I'm talking to a wall here....(you)

  14. #674
    Quote Originally Posted by Neetz View Post
    The community is so dead. All these people nowadays with huge egos that cry about casuals, get over yourself. Back in the day when you killed a new boss in your 40 man raid your whole realm would congratulate you. You'd get support off your whole realm. You'd wish other guilds good luck on their progress kill and be happy if they managed it.

    What the hell happened? I see people posting videos and progress in chat and other 'rival' guilds be like "LUL easy with that ilvl gear bro, LOL killed that last month hahahaha!".

    Get the fuck over yourselves and just be proud that you did it before everyone else when it was much more difficult, got the shinies and wore the t-shirt.
    I think a lot of the problem here is that a lot of the angry anti lfr crowd were the ones who looked up to all those people. They now want their turn and the game has changed.

    It must shit them that people like me are the ones with Death's Demise and all the old mounts and titles and crap

  15. #675
    Blizzard will make this game into anything as long as it's going to get more money for them. Things change, 'Back in the days' has passed and the current WoW is a lot better for 90% of the players. As long as blizzard can keep most of those that are happy now, thay will make a profit and keep doing it.

    If that means making a few raiders unhappy, fine. But it's not the world first that complain, it's not the social normal raiders that complain, it's not the people who used to raid heroic and now either play LFR or normal that complain. It seems a very small group that complains about LFR. most of which aren't even playing WoW anymore and treaten not to come back every few weeks because of reason A of wellfare item B.

    Even if 5% of the players were in this group, it would be stupid of blizzard to give them what they want. Or even listen to much to them.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Windfury View Post
    I think a lot of the problem here is that a lot of the angry anti lfr crowd were the ones who looked up to all those people. They now want their turn and the game has changed.

    It must shit them that people like me are the ones with Death's Demise and all the old mounts and titles and crap
    I must just agree a 100% with this post well said!

  16. #676
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Multiple rank 1s. Hardly tried. /yawn

    Is it Argus expac yet?

    speaking of which I can farm H 13/13 ToT faster then an LFR group can clear 12/12 LFR. But I have a life so I prefer to heroic raid over LFR. Hilarious I know
    considering you do LFR 1 wing at a time and have to wait in a 20-40 min que to get to the next part...I would hope you could clear 13/13 N or H before a LFR raider can clear 13/13 LFR.
    You aren't special "guy". You copied your strats from REAL Heroic guilds...the guilds we watch to see who will get world 1st- the rest of you are just posers using someone elses strat and then think you deserve special treatment because you got 24 other people that watched videos and studied someone ELSES strat so that you could down the boss to. If YOUR guild looked at just 1 video then you lose your merit because all you did was steal someone elses idea that THEY took the time to learn....hope I didnt ruin your "special snowflake" status.

  17. #677
    LFR isn't just for terribads. Its also for people like me who, in college, had plenty of time to devote to raiding and raid preparation to earn the end game, but have since graduated into real life, where I now have a big boy job and big boy things to spend my time on. I don't expect to be given heroic gear or titles or mounts, but I do like to be able to participate in the entire expansion lore-wise. The rest of that stuff is vanity. Its like, just because I'm not a professional basketball player doesn't mean I should be limited to 1/4 of the court. I just won't make millions of dollars and have loads of fans like the pros.

    People are so fixated on ruining others' fun that they miss out on their own. They're their own worst enemy, as far as WoW no longer feeling satisfying.

  18. #678
    Quote Originally Posted by smiiiff View Post
    Blizzard will make this game into anything as long as it's going to get more money for them. Things change, 'Back in the days' has passed and the current WoW is a lot better for 90% of the players. As long as blizzard can keep most of those that are happy now, thay will make a profit and keep doing it.

    If that means making a few raiders unhappy, fine. But it's not the world first that complain, it's not the social normal raiders that complain, it's not the people who used to raid heroic and now either play LFR or normal that complain. It seems a very small group that complains about LFR. most of which aren't even playing WoW anymore and treaten not to come back every few weeks because of reason A of wellfare item B.

    Even if 5% of the players were in this group, it would be stupid of blizzard to give them what they want. Or even listen to much to them.
    To be fair, I think LFR is safe. Losing a dozen battlegrounds a week in TBC was perfectly viable for gearing and we still have Battlegrounds. Back then though, players just mocked the "Welfare Epics", I'm not sure what changed to make LFR's equivalent Welfare Epics be worthy of the same respect as Heroic Thunderforged ones that the OP seems to give them, even though these days that and the item level are all spelled out clearly on the tooltip. :S

  19. #679
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulderfox View Post
    LFR isn't just for terribads. Its also for people like me who, in college, had plenty of time to devote to raiding and raid preparation to earn the end game, but have since graduated into real life, where I now have a big boy job and big boy things to spend my time on. I don't expect to be given heroic gear or titles or mounts, but I do like to be able to participate in the entire expansion lore-wise. The rest of that stuff is vanity. Its like, just because I'm not a professional basketball player doesn't mean I should be limited to 1/4 of the court. I just won't make millions of dollars and have loads of fans like the pros.

    People are so fixated on ruining others' fun that they miss out on their own. They're their own worst enemy, as far as WoW no longer feeling satisfying.
    The messiah is here! Thank you

  20. #680
    There is only one reason. They pay for the game too.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •