Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sniperpally View Post
    (from you), not in general. I'm pretty sure someone with a brain could do better than some non sequitors
    I think that if you read what I wrote, you will find that it connects with what you wrote.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    Care to explain wtf is wrong or vile about being special? Bout wanting to better than others? About wanting to stand out from the crowd to be more than just an average Joe?
    You are special. Thats the thing. If you stop saying that LFR and Heroic raiding is the same thing you will realise that you are a special snowflake.

Well this thread needs to be closed IMO. People won't listen to anything, the argument is back down to like page 10 in progress.

Quote Originally Posted by Deldavala View Post
    You are special. Thats the thing. If you stop saying that LFR and Heroic raiding is the same thing you will realise that you are a special snowflake.
    You all realize that it is you that needs to feel like the special snowflake, correct? I mean, you do see that right? Why else would you need to see raids.

the main issue is that raids are where the story ends up now so not doing a raid means missing a story. You can watch videos etc but its not the same. I wouldnt care if the raid was some extra instance that was obscenely hard that had nothing to do with the story but restricting access to vital parts is not good.

Quote Originally Posted by ipaq View Post
    2400+ troll post like this... Well done Mods.
    I wisht he mods would infract non constructive posters. Mods are watching and participating in this thread. This for all purposes is a good thread. The OP post has been entirely ignored by the majority since this thing hit page 10. People not following this thread however would not know that. So please be constructive or contribute. Thanks Enjoy your stay.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    yet LFR is more similar than different than organized raiding
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    I wisht he mods would infract non constructive posters. Mods are watching and participating in this thread. This for all purposes is a good thread. The OP post has been entirely ignored by the majority since this thing hit page 10. People not following this thread however would not know that. So please be constructive or contribute. Thanks Enjoy your stay.
    It loses any progress when people come and bring up things we've already talked about.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why is the biggest retort "because we pay the same amount" like everyone is a goddamn parrot around here. I'm sorry is $15 alot of money? $15 allows you server access Blizzard could pull LFR from the game tommorow and the only thing you can do is cancel your account. Not that LFR should be pulled from the game that ship has sailed.

$15 for server access. That is all. Zip! period! Zippo!
    I paid $1 for Angry Birds and it's taken me a ridiculous number of hours to progress through all of the screens 3-starring them one by one without guides/videos/help/advice of any kind. I'm down to about 15 of the last extras. That is quite a bit of entertainment value for my $1.

For $15/month I better get a lot more than "Connected" out of a game.

Why is the biggest retort "because we pay the same amount" like everyone is a goddamn parrot around here. I'm sorry is $15 alot of money? $15 allows you server access Blizzard could pull LFR from the game tommorow and the only thing you can do is cancel your account. Not that LFR should be pulled from the game that ship has sailed.

$15 for server access. That is all. Zip! period! Zippo!
    And the people saying "casuals shouldn't get to do this" aren't parrots as well? The argument goes both ways. People without the time to put in want to see where the story is going and be a part of it, it is a RPG after all. The people who do have the time to do it miss the days of standing in Orgimmar and Stormwind on top of the mail boxes, being spammed with whispers asking where they got that thing they have. We all want to feel special in some way. The fact that people argue over this and get so angry about it just proves why video games will never be considered an art form and move past the squabbling, petty, rage filled community that it is. It saddens me to see threads like this, because in the end, it doesn't matter.

Blizzard won't listen to you. Blizzard won't give casuals heroic gear. Blizzard won't deny it's customers the chance to see what it has created. They are trying to make a larger community effort. Maybe if these people could get some entry level experience and gear, hardcore guilds would have a larger recruitment base. Maybe they want people to see what they spent years working on. They are artists, and artists want to share what they have done with as many people as possible.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetis View Post
    the main issue is that raids are where the story ends up now so not doing a raid means missing a story.
    Didnt realize Ragnaros yelling BY FIRE BE PURGED or Lei Shen screaming I AM THE THUNDER KING were essential lore moments
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    If it was that fun you'd make time.
    I do make time to do LFR, which allows me to see the content. Problem?

But you're right - Organized raiding will never, ever be as fun for me as going out on the weekends, pursuing my career and studies, and having meaningful relationships. I guess I just don't have what it takes to be elite at this game anymore. It's fine, though. I've got my Hand of A'dal title, and I'm certain most of the "hardcore" players posting in this thread don't have that. So, bragging right secured.
    Last edited by Athael; 2013-07-05 at 10:58 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    yet LFR is more similar than different than organized raiding
    Its still not the same. Playing Football with my old team is more similar than different than playing football in Champions League.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniperpally View Post
    (from you), not in general. I'm pretty sure someone with a brain could do better than some non sequitors

let me break it down for you. Its a non sequitor because whats at issue is not the historical facticity of your tears shed, but rather your essential relationship towards LFR, which can be illustrated by the question: if LFR was removed, would you cry about it? Obviously yes, so my point stands. Your inability to grasp this or your intentional deflection into irrelevancy belies either stupidity, or the tacit admission that Im basically correct and that your only recourse is to lay down a smokescreen. So which is it, are you dumb, or intentionally trying to deflect?

or maybe now you're actually ready to address the point
    This post is gonna get you infracted btw. Please edit i'd rather this thread isn't locked. It's a wild fun ride.

If I pay for a product that doesnt specifically say that this will need countless of man hours and a steep learning curve to be able to beat, I would expect to be able to beat it, even if it has to be on easy mode. WoW has always been catering to the casual MMO crowd, and this is coming from a seasoned MMO veteran. I delved into WoW to conquor the harder parts of the game, but I dont mind that Blizzard is giving people with less time commitment an option to complete the game in their eyes.
    What is "completing the game" is different from person to person. Even long before LFR ppl with less time played happily and did stuff which wasn't raids. "Completing the game" in terms of seeing all the content was something hardcore raiders did, but they also got burnt out and i'm not sure they enjoyed the game more than anyone else. And why d you have yo complete the game to enjoy it? Does it always have to be the goal of the destination that is the enjoyment not the travel there?

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    I paid $1 for Angry Birds and it's taken me a ridiculous number of hours to progress through all of the screens 3-starring them one by one without guides/videos/help/advice of any kind. I'm down to about 15 of the last extras. That is quite a bit of entertainment value for my $1.

You know what's funny. Angry birds content will last you about as long as WoW content.

Didnt realize Ragnaros yelling BY FIRE BE PURGED or Lei Shen screaming I AM THE THUNDER KING were essential lore moments
    This too lol. We all know deep down that the 'seeing the story' argument is bogus for the most part.

people always argue the lore piece in such bad faith I'm glad people have started calling them out on it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post

So playing a 'ridiculous number of hours' to experience all of the content Angry Birds has to offer is A-OK but how DARE an MMORPG like WoW try and do the same is what you're saying?

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Your number one point is constantly mentioned. "We all pay the same". Yes. Yes, you do. That does NOT mean you are entitled to do, see and get the same experience as hard core raiders. If the game went free to play, what would then your argument be? Exactly. Nothing. However, right now, your argument is still just that. Nothing.

The amount of time you spend on the game is the deciding factor. Not that you pay the same amount. If you have a subscription at the gym, do you complain that you dont have as much muscles as someone who works out more than you? You pay the same fee, why aren't you as fit as the others who spend more time?

How on EARTH do you people actually believe that logic is a valid argument? I mean, my god. It's silly.
    Actually it does. Why? Because you all pay the same. Since this is a financial transaction the "logic" part in the marketplace goes along these lines...If you buy a car you can get the vanilla model or you can pony up more $$$ and get it tricked out with all the neat doodads. If Blizz offered super ultra content for folks who pay say $18 or 19.99/month then those who pay $14.99 wouldn't bitch a single word.

You morons can't comprehend the psychology of the market place. If you pay more you are entitled to more, if you pay the same everyone who pays that amount gets the same goodies.

Personally Blizzard should have premium servers that cater to the "hardcore" player base which would be an epic experience for those on that type of server for it would be full of raiding cockblocks and guild wars between competing factions. All of which I know firsthand from my time with Everquest's Rallon and Tallon Vex servers where we killed entire guilds who were waiting outside a boss getting ready to go in only to be rolfstomped by raiders who then rolled into the boss and took the title/loot.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by barackohmama View Post
    What is "completing the game" is different from person to person. Even long before LFR ppl with less time played happily and did stuff which wasn't raids. "Completing the game" in terms of seeing all the content was something hardcore raiders did, but they also got burnt out and i'm not sure they enjoyed the game more than anyone else. And why d you have yo complete the game to enjoy it? Does it always have to be the goal of the destination that is the enjoyment not the travel there?
    The goal and the travel is different for everyone. And with LFR introduced you opened up another path for a lot of players that wasnt interested in the time commitment of organized raiding. This means there is more goals and more paths in the game. Meaning at the end that the game can be played in more different ways. Which by my standards is a good improvement.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spell-bane View Post
    So playing a 'ridiculous number of hours' to experience all of the content Angry Birds has to offer is A-OK but how DARE an MMORPG like WoW try and do the same is what you're saying?
    No, that's not what I'm saying. Maybe someone else said that.

There are dozens or hundreds of individual things in WoW that can be summed up with a single link and yet take immense amounts of time to achieve. "Insane" and "Salty" for example. That's all good by me.