Tortos Heroic 10M

Good evening everyone.

We have been working on Tortos Heroic, kite method with a Brewmaster monk. Here is a link to the parse for tonight: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-i7b25chjlunwj3i3/

Closest we got was pull #14 at 7%, when our mage missed a kick and breath went off. Our hunter MDs every spawn of the bats to the tank. Mage kicks pretty much every turtle. Myself and ret on boss. Ele shaman is a main spec healer who is going dps for this, so her damage is not expected to be amazing.

With those things in mind, if anyone here could analyze the parse and give their opinions of it then that would be much appreciated.

EDIT: To be more specific, wanting the lock and hunter checked.
    Last edited by Algroda; 2013-07-04 at 06:57 AM.

If you could get him down to 7% i think you've pretty much got the fight down, just need more practice and not fail on kicks like how the mage did. People moving away from dead turtles during a quake stomp also makes it easier for the kicker. IMO, the ele shammy should be kicking, no reason why the mage should be doing it.

Your lock could be doing better. We had ours switch out so he could slow the bats/ build embers. Have your Ele kick turtles. No reason to make your good dps kick when he loses dps when your ele, who already has low dps, should be kicking. You have the dps there so there shouldn't be any reason why you can't get it down.

Here is a look at our logs if you want to see where they could improve.
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/z...?s=9476&e=9964

Quote Originally Posted by Ceresc View Post
    Your lock could be doing better. We had ours switch out so he could slow the bats/ build embers. Have your Ele kick turtles. No reason to make your good dps kick when he loses dps when your ele, who already has low dps, should be kicking. You have the dps there so there shouldn't be any reason why you can't get it down.

Here is a look at our logs if you want to see where they could improve.
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/z...?s=9476&e=9964
    Agreed here, I think your best bet would be to have the shammy normally kick, but have the mage as a back up. Especially if your mage is fire, he will likely be the top dps'er on the shells due to combustion spread.

Quote Originally Posted by Algroda View Post
    Good evening everyone.

We have been working on Tortos Heroic, kite method with a Brewmaster monk. Here is a link to the parse for tonight:

Closest we got was pull #14 at 7%, when our mage missed a kick and breath went off. Our hunter MDs every spawn of the bats to the tank. Mage kicks pretty much every turtle. Myself and ret on boss. Ele shaman is a main spec healer who is going dps for this, so her damage is not expected to be amazing.

With those things in mind, if anyone here could analyze the parse and give their opinions of it then that would be much appreciated.

EDIT: To be more specific, wanting the lock and hunter checked.
    If you're purely asking about DPS, both your Hunter and Warlock are doing very well since as ranged, their primary role should be to kill/control Whirl Turtles, and they are #1 and #2 damage on those respectively (I can't post links yet, but you can find this information under Analyze > Damage Done > Target > Whirl Turtle.

Looking at your Survivability table instead, I would estimate the real issue is a lack of focus on survival over other tasks -- the DPS requirement is quite forgiving, especially if you kill Whirl Turtles as fast as they spawn until 30% when you should focus and burn the boss.

For example, your Monk kiter needs some more practice, as I see approximately 5 out of the 17 attempts where he or she was the first death and died from getting melee'd by Bats. Obviously practice makes perfect, but it is of utmost importance that the Brewmaster never gets remotely close to melee range with Bats, so make sure he or she is using a very wide circular kite path and throwing those Kegs out like a crazy person.

The other big issue is more often than not, the raid is dying to Stone Breath, presumably due to a failure on the part of the Mage. The Mage is the first death of the attempt in 4 or 5 of those 17 attempts as well, and almost always from simple Rockfall damage, which should never be an issue. Any time a player takes a full Rockfall hit (i.e. doesn't move out before it drops) is a problem, whereas the minor damage from being within 20 yards but not inside one is perfectly acceptable if they can't all be avoided. Yet the Mage seems to have frequent issues surviving even the normal Rockfall damage, which seems to be due to not using personal CDs when Quake Stomp is hitting (such as Ice Barrier). This causes the full-damage of Quake Stomp to apply and removes his or her Crystal Shell completely, then allowing the subsequent Rockfall damage to be a danger.

The burden is also of course on healers to top people up quickly after each Quake Stomp, ideally not allowing Crystal Shells to drop at all for those players that should (and did) use a personal CD for the Quake Stomp.

Anyway, I would emphasize the importance of your Monk staying out of melee range of Bats, your Mage and others ensuring they use CDs for every Quake Stomp possible, and otherwise always grabbing a new Crystal Shell if they are above 90% health and it has fallen off.

Hope that helps, good luck!

If you're dieing to the breath make sure NOBODY stands behind the turtles after the quake stomp. This is extremely annoying and very dangerous for the kicker. You should spec into greater invisibility to be able to stand in a rockfall if necessary, but generally there should be no rock fall behind a turtle.