Poll: How Much Would You Pay to Get in Beta?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

How Much Would You Pay to Get in Beta?

As I am sure there are many others, like myself, whose very will to continue living hinges on getting into the Hearthstone Beta and finally playing it.

And the way I see Blizzard going about the Beta, aside from the Opt-Ins, will be a Supporter Beta Key. Aka, you purchase a pack of Micro-Transactions, and you get to play the Beta. As they stated, any points purchased and used during Beta to purchase packs will give you packs/etc on release as well as a special reward for helping test the Micro-Transactions. (And I'd really want that, maybe more so than the actual Beta... Nah, who am I kidding, BETA!)

So... What's the most everyone would be willing to "donate" to get into the Beta if they are doomed with such appalling a fate as not getting Opt-In?

10+ Year Old Account
    $10. I don't really have much to spare, nor a great desire to play it.

10+ Year Old Account
    My max limit would be 10$, but i'd take it for free
    “We all know interspecies romance is weird.”
    ― Tim Burton

10+ Year Old Account
    $180 over a yearlong commitment.

Don't get me wrong, I wasn't gonna quit playing anyway. Annual Pass was a neat idea.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

I wouldnt pay crap, its a waste.

Deleted
    Nothing.

I like the game, but I'm not paying to test it.

10+ Year Old Account
    While there has been no official statements on how beta will progress, it's pretty much a certainty that everyone who opted into the beta for Hearthstone will get in OR there will be an open beta at some point to let anyone test the game.

They have a gift for all those that test the store during beta, I very seriously doubt Blizzard would keep that limited to very few people doing beta.

OT: I wouldn't pay a dime to test the game if there's nothing in it for me. If it were a case of me buying packs in the store and there by being granted beta access, then maybe (probably ).

Deleted
    Zero as that all Blizzard is worth atm.... they made enough cash stop being their cash cows...
    if you could pay for the beta that should be a sign to never touch anything from them ever again....

Annual Pass got me in to MoP Beta, I barely actually used it, to be truthful.

Hearthstone, is a little different. It would be a nice change of pace, or something I'd run on monitor two while doing stuff/waiting for stuff in WoW on monitor one.

Given the game is F2P in the first place... not willing to pay anything extra. A contractual commitment for something I planned to do anyways is one thing, paying extra to TEST a product? Nope.
    Games are not necessarily "easier" today. You are just a better player.
    It takes more now to impress many gamers than it did 2-5 years ago, because so much has already been seen and done.
    Many players expect to be wow'd with every release of a beloved franchise.
    These are generally NOT the fault of the developers, but the fault of many players over-hyping and/or setting expectations too high.

10+ Year Old Account
    wait what? paying them so i can test it ? shouldnt it be other way around ?^^ i wouldnt pay a dime

10+ Year Old Account
    ive never got into a wow beta, i always opt in, but in a way i don't really want to get in. when cata was announced i watched so many beta videos and read up every detail of the expac, when it released it was like i had already played it, when MoP was announced i ignored it as much as i can, so when it released it was new and exciting, i was just seeing things for the very first time. aside from new island, pandas and monks, that was all i knew.

most people don't want to use beta as a tool for finding bugs, but to see the content early, then they burn out quicker when its released, im not making that mistake.

edit: didn't notice this was about hearhstone and not wow
    Last edited by serenka; 2013-07-04 at 02:52 PM.
    dragonmaw - EU

nothing, this game seems incredibly boring. why would anyone want to play this nonsense? it's wasted money and manpower. they should focus on other stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jainzar View Post
    it's wasted money and manpower.
    It's a 15 man team, making a game in a niche market that has a lot of potential, with people spending cash regularly on it in other games. I think it's a very shrewd business move, and that the potential profit with this project is much higher then using these same 15 people doing something in WoW.

It's okay if you are not interested, but don't equate your own opinion with what the majority of people are thinking.

How about if you're good at other blizzard games you get an invite, instead of if you wallet at blizzard they give you stuff?

Deleted
    I don't get why people are so obssessed with getting into betas to be honest.

Not sure why anyone would pay for a beta. The point of beta is for the company to allow people to troubleshoot their game

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't pay anything...

If money should change hands, Blizzard should pay us, to beta test for them.. After all, we are helping them, not the other way around...
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

I dont see the point in paying for a game that you are testing.

By testing you are actually "working" for them and it would be quite funny to actually pay them so you could do that.

Now I do understand that if you want you can purchase packs during beta and they will reward you later with something cosmetic I think. This would be alright by me if you wish to help support their F2p game.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd pay over $100 if it'd get me the Hearthsteed sooner.