Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ...
3
11
12
13
14
15
LastLast
  1. #241
    Why can't I as a Shaman have something cool like that?

  2. #242
    Quote Originally Posted by Destinas View Post
    As pointed out a few times, it called "stormcrowmount" in the game files. They list things as mounts when they are mounts. Imagine that.
    flight form requires flight training and scales with said flight training as a MOUNT, imagine that.

    on topic, I really do hope it's a druid quest chain AND a big enough form to carry someone, in the lore as druids become more powerful their forms seem to get bigger (broll bearmantle's bear form is HUGE malfurion's flight form is DEFINATELY bigger than this, runetotem's bear form is atleast as big as broll's) after all the levels it would be nice if blizz could do some in game lore to reflect player strength like how they reasoned the warlock strength increase during their green fire quest.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Static View Post
    Why can't I as a Shaman have something cool like that?
    because you already grabbed druid shapeshifting for ghostwolf form which wasn't around until WoW
    ...at this point it's almost guaranteed that "war in warcraft" is garrosh getting on his incompetent podium to declare yet another group his enemy for the crime of breathing his air, alliance saying this is horde favoritism, and the more....special....yes.. let's go with special... horde players seeing garrosh as a god because he lets them attack the alliance players who keep saying that out being led by a moron is horde favoritism.

  3. #243
    High Overlord Bawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    173
    Quote Originally Posted by Destinas View Post
    As pointed out a few times, it called "stormcrowmount" in the game files. They list things as mounts when they are mounts. Imagine that.
    Druid's Epic Flight Form is a mount. hmm. Imagine that! :P

    Bawk - Balance PvP/PvE (Alliance) | Bawkasaur - Balance PvP (Horde)
    Bawk the Boomkin -- A Tumblr Boomkin Blog for Art, PvE and PvP
    My Youtube Channel

  4. #244
    Bloodsail Admiral Alanar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Close to you..
    Posts
    1,207
    Quote Originally Posted by shikokumaji View Post
    Druid's Epic Flight Form is a mount. hmm. Imagine that! :P
    If they give this just yo druids I will be disappointed. They already have their flight forms to give them even more is not needed. Period.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by ItcheeBeard View Post
    Looks almost identical to the guild pheonix thing and that's rideable
    No not really.. Its a completely different model. You got doodoo in ur eyes?


  5. #245
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    If they give this just yo druids I will be disappointed. They already have their flight forms to give them even more is not needed. Period.
    if they give this to non druids I'll be disappointed. you already have more than 100 mounts, to give you even more is not needed. period.
    ...at this point it's almost guaranteed that "war in warcraft" is garrosh getting on his incompetent podium to declare yet another group his enemy for the crime of breathing his air, alliance saying this is horde favoritism, and the more....special....yes.. let's go with special... horde players seeing garrosh as a god because he lets them attack the alliance players who keep saying that out being led by a moron is horde favoritism.

  6. #246
    Quote Originally Posted by shikokumaji View Post
    Druid's Epic Flight Form is a mount. hmm. Imagine that! :P
    Mount = the ability to ride it and see your character atop the mount. Flight form = another druid form that acts as a mount. It is not labeled as a mount, it simply acts like one. It doesn't share the same spell type as a mount, therefore it is not a mount. This, however, is a mount. It is labeled as such, whether you choose to notice it or not. The flight forms are already unique to each race, it wouldn't make sense to add something this good looking to one race, or just to all druids, when they are already unique.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored

  7. #247
    Quote Originally Posted by Destinas View Post
    , it wouldn't make sense to add something this good looking to one race, or just to all druids, when they are already unique.
    by that same reasoning it doesn't make sense to add something this good looking to mounts when there are already bird mounts around for people to have. it doesn't make sense to add tier gear models when there's already models for tier gear. it doesn't make sense to add names when "bob" just has such a nice ring to it.... amazing how people do things that don't make sense so often...
    ...at this point it's almost guaranteed that "war in warcraft" is garrosh getting on his incompetent podium to declare yet another group his enemy for the crime of breathing his air, alliance saying this is horde favoritism, and the more....special....yes.. let's go with special... horde players seeing garrosh as a god because he lets them attack the alliance players who keep saying that out being led by a moron is horde favoritism.

  8. #248
    Keyboard Turner Rognvaldr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    2
    Good. This will match my Hunter Tier 5 transmog and Skoll pet perfectly.

  9. #249
    I just can't imagine blizzard replacing our race specific flight forms which give each character a unique "feel". Although I would really love to see it happen.

  10. #250
    i dont know if anyone posted this yet but i just found it
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItKdge5FmX4
    looks like druid form to me

  11. #251
    Quote Originally Posted by gasolinefightaccident View Post
    I just can't imagine blizzard replacing our race specific flight forms which give each character a unique "feel". Although I would really love to see it happen.
    the only truly unique one is trolls due to theirs being a bat (and honestly every troll I talk to wishes the new bat mount had been their epic flight form since it's actually more troll like than their crayon-bat with a beard)..heck cat form isn't entirely unique, they ran out of big cats to use and wound up letting the stupid retcon-worgen use lions like tauren have...
    ...at this point it's almost guaranteed that "war in warcraft" is garrosh getting on his incompetent podium to declare yet another group his enemy for the crime of breathing his air, alliance saying this is horde favoritism, and the more....special....yes.. let's go with special... horde players seeing garrosh as a god because he lets them attack the alliance players who keep saying that out being led by a moron is horde favoritism.

  12. #252
    Quote Originally Posted by razorfire View Post
    the only truly unique one is trolls due to theirs being a bat (and honestly every troll I talk to wishes the new bat mount had been their epic flight form since it's actually more troll like than their crayon-bat with a beard)..heck cat form isn't entirely unique, they ran out of big cats to use and wound up letting the stupid retcon-worgen use lions like tauren have...
    However, if you saw a worgen cat and a tauren cat in the distance, would you confuse them? How about a night elf and a troll? That's the point of that. And I personally love the bat form, compared to a bird (even though Troll loa have birds and bats in their pantheon).
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored

  13. #253
    Over 9000! ElyPop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Chelmsford, Essex.
    Posts
    9,679
    Quote Originally Posted by shikokumaji View Post
    Think you are also forgetting that the so-called saddle on this new 'mount' is identical to all of the flight form saddles already in game (Nelf, Worgen and Tauren epic flight forms have them!). So merely the fact that people think SADDLE = MOUNT is stupid. Its the Flight Form model ... why would they reskin it for a mount?
    You are aware that there is a difference between armour and saddles, right? What you claim to be a saddle on the back of the druid flight form is infact a flat armour skin. You can also see that a storm crow mount is huge in comparison and there is an allocated area for a player to sit.



    I see no added saddle like on the storm crow.
    Use your brain, please.

  14. #254
    You make a good point and they have been around long enough to were i think most Druids will welcome a new form.

    Edit: autocorrect

  15. #255
    Quote Originally Posted by Destinas View Post
    However, if you saw a worgen cat and a tauren cat in the distance, would you confuse them? How about a night elf and a troll? That's the point of that. And I personally love the bat form, compared to a bird (even though Troll loa have birds and bats in their pantheon).
    troll loa have a TON of animals in their pantheon (heck they have multiple winged serpents similar to hakkar) the thing is destinas, and I'm really not trying to be mean in what I say, is there is a very very limited number of things that every druid player has and can use that is commonly used by all specs. spell colors have little to no use for anyone but balance and resto, travel form just got a change (one so horrible I had to glyph back to cheetah form so I don't have to look at derp-deer all day), cat and bear form are only used by feral and guardian with the exception of when the other 2 specs are desperate....flight form is the only thing all specs use often and with the classes all apparently moving towards their own "green fire" quests... a full size stormcrow form is the only lore fitting way I can think of for blizzard to really give us ours. plus there's atleast one new mount just about every patch but a new druid form is extremely rare.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by ElyPop View Post
    You are aware that there is a difference between armour and saddles, right? What you claim to be a saddle on the back of the druid flight form is infact a flat armour skin. You can also see that a storm crow mount is huge in comparison and there is an allocated area for a player to sit.



    I see no added saddle like on the storm crow.
    Use your brain, please.
    I refer to my earlier theory in which I pointed out that stronger druids get larger forms in the lore, possibly big enough to ride, it could POSSIBLY be both if I'm right.
    ...at this point it's almost guaranteed that "war in warcraft" is garrosh getting on his incompetent podium to declare yet another group his enemy for the crime of breathing his air, alliance saying this is horde favoritism, and the more....special....yes.. let's go with special... horde players seeing garrosh as a god because he lets them attack the alliance players who keep saying that out being led by a moron is horde favoritism.

  16. #256
    Over 9000! ElyPop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Chelmsford, Essex.
    Posts
    9,679
    Quote Originally Posted by razorfire View Post
    I refer to my earlier theory in which I pointed out that stronger druids get larger forms in the lore, possibly big enough to ride, it could POSSIBLY be both if I'm right.
    Yeah sure, that could work, similarly to the druid travel form glyph where you can mount the druid, as well as similar to the Sandstone Drake or Obsidian Nightwing.

    But flat out saying that it's just a druid form and that everyone else is wrong is fairly stupid, when your idea has pretty shitty basis.

  17. #257
    Guys. Stop being so stubborn. Feel free to delude yourself, but so far - it's not a druid form. It might become one, but for as far as we know, it's a mount. Why? Because the files call it 'Stormcrowmount' and even the icons call it 'Stormcrowmount'. When it looks like a mount, sounds like a mount, smells like a mount -- it's probably a mount.


    If it was intended solely as a flying form, it would have a different name. The druid fly forms are called: 'epicdruidflightalliance.m2' (Night Elf, 'epicdruidflighthorde.m2' (Tauren), 'epicdruidflighttroll.m2' (Troll) and 'epicdruidflightworgen.m2' (Worgen) respectively. The Stormcrow is called 'stormcrowmount.m2' and it already has a designated spot for the character to saddle up on when you mount it, unlike most models.


    Hell, even the non-epic flight shapeshift has the word 'druid' into it to show they were made for druid(and NOT mount) use: 'stormcrowdruid.m2', and that is EVEN THOUGH the normal stormcrow model is already in the files.
    Last edited by Yarathir; 2013-07-06 at 11:37 AM.

  18. #258
    Quote Originally Posted by ElyPop View Post
    Yeah sure, that could work, similarly to the druid travel form glyph where you can mount the druid, as well as similar to the Sandstone Drake or Obsidian Nightwing.

    But flat out saying that it's just a druid form and that everyone else is wrong is fairly stupid, when your idea has pretty shitty basis.
    insult noted, glad to see we're all willing to be reasonable here...
    ...at this point it's almost guaranteed that "war in warcraft" is garrosh getting on his incompetent podium to declare yet another group his enemy for the crime of breathing his air, alliance saying this is horde favoritism, and the more....special....yes.. let's go with special... horde players seeing garrosh as a god because he lets them attack the alliance players who keep saying that out being led by a moron is horde favoritism.

  19. #259
    Over 9000! ElyPop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Chelmsford, Essex.
    Posts
    9,679
    Quote Originally Posted by razorfire View Post
    insult noted, glad to see we're all willing to be reasonable here...
    The second sentence wasn't aimed at you, it was aimed at shikokumaji and him outright saying that it had to be a druid form. Nothing else. Even when we can clearly see a saddle. He's just being pig-headed.

  20. #260
    Quote Originally Posted by razorfire View Post
    insult noted, glad to see we're all willing to be reasonable here...

    Thing is, Elypop is being reasonable. But when there are people just saying "NOPE. NOPE! What evidence? I see no evidence even though it is shoved in my face. Obv. druid flight form! OB.VI.OUS.LY." people tend to get frustrated. Like I said: delude yourselves all you want, but don't expect others to go along with the illusion. It might become a druid flight spell sometime, but it might also not. Evidence points towards this being a mount. Don't get insulted when we point out the obvious.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •