Thread: Button spamming

Button spamming

Hi guys, first time posting on mmo !

I have been playing my DK as a main since mid cata, I am currently playing unholy/fb , after a long stint of dw frost
    So iv had my naga mouse for just over a year now and have loved everything about it, previously I was using a keyboard for my ability bindings
    It has led me to think that the ease of use of my naga has led to me ability spamming, causing mistakes and missed opertunities to produce more dps.
    When I was using my keyboard I feel like it was slower but kinda gave me a tempo

Has anyone else experienced this problem with either

over spamming abilities ?
    Do any of you follow a set tempo when dpsing?
    Maybe it's a case of having to much haste ?

Dk is the only class I play , I'm heroic raiding and currently have an ilvl of 535, my haste is sitting at 23%, I feel like I have the spec locked Down as far as priorities and don't feel like this is the problem
    Appreciate any input or advice

10+ Year Old Account
    DK has always a 1sec. GCD, so it's not an haste issue if you overspam your abilities.

Deleted
    I rapidly click (read: spam) most of my abilities, it's a habit I picked up in vanilla pvp as a rogue I guess... "spamming" meant that as soon I was in range I would perform the ability I was spamming.

As unholy the only ability I don't rapidly click is death coil.

I use KB bindings anyway, my naga's generally just used for cooldowns and things like AMZ/AMS/IBF/DnD/HoW

Deleted
    I used to spam keys like mad, but nowadays I find myself using autohotkey. Carpal tunnel syndrome, look it up.

Here's a video that might help you - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcewYKebsx4

Deleted
    When you play DW Frost with enough haste you already need to hit ~70 keys every minute (60 for GCDs, 10 for CDs/BT, not including any movement).

I usually game the ingame "Lag Tolerance" and hit the next ability ~200ms before the GCD ends. Like this you do not need to spam buttons and still get zero downtime.

Quote Originally Posted by Nedda View Post
    I usually game the ingame "Lag Tolerance" and hit the next ability ~200ms before the GCD ends. Like this you do not need to spam buttons and still get zero downtime.
    Yea looking into it more , it does feel like input lag is playing its part , especially when raiding .
    After googling a few things , it seems alot of people are complaining.
    Is this related to add ons ? PC performance ? Or is it just the game ?