Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    I think it is simply because Garrosh's storyline was changed all of a sudden. If I recall correctly, there was a tweet or forum post from sometime during Cataclysm, saying that "in the end, people would recognize Garrosh as not so bad after all". I guess the quest line in Stonetalon must have been a build up towards exactly this, but when MoP needed a villain they picked Garrosh and changed him for the worse, basicly to have an ongoing storyline for the expansion which would affect players on a closer basis.

Quote Originally Posted by Zhanken View Post
    I think it is simply because Garrosh's storyline was changed all of a sudden. If I recall correctly, there was a tweet or forum post from sometime during Cataclysm, saying that "in the end, people would recognize Garrosh as not so bad after all". I guess the quest line in Stonetalon must have been a build up towards exactly this, but when MoP needed a villain they picked Garrosh and changed him for the worse, basicly to have an ongoing storyline for the expansion which would affect players on a closer basis.
    I remember asking right after Cataclysm's announcement that Garrosh looks like he'd tear apart the Horde and lead them down the wrong path. Got a response saying not to worry about it.

Quote Originally Posted by dokilar View Post
    i think whats really funny is to see how terrible the writing has been for garrosh. in my own opinion mind you, he was ment to be written as a hot head orc who was to be the opposite of varian and his own hotheadesness. again in my own opinion, i feel that a vocal minority of people made this known and as such blizzard said "fuck it, lets just kill him" and as such we have MoP.

im not a rabid garrosh fan, i thought he came off as a douche back when i first seen him and talked to him. that doesnt however keep me from seeing that they really didnt know what to do with him as a character from the beginning. i imagine that when they first came up with the idea of garrosh and planted him in nagrand that they thought players would appreciate that the hellscream name lived on and that he would one day live up to his fathers name. while he certainly has the temperament of his father he lacks none of the redeeming qualities, save for the stonetalon quest.

which is why i believe they just decided to scrap his character altogether and give in. shame really, because i feel like the character had so much potential.
    Meanwhile I think the writing is fantastic.

Differing opinions.

Yay.

- - - Updated - - -

Besides we had foreshadowing of Garrosh's descent in Cataclysm with The Undead starting zones and Troll starting zone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniri View Post
    I remember asking right after Cataclysm's announcement that Garrosh looks like he'd tear apart the Horde and lead them down the wrong path. Got a response saying not to worry about it.
    they probably meant don't worry about it, the horde will get through whatever batshit insane scheme garrosh has.
    #boycottchina