Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    OT: it's up to OP to decide if he wants to pick faster RAM or not. As I wrote, price is minimal (in range of 20€) and speed increase can be up to 15%. He can still get SSD and everything else he wants.

Please stick to the topic
    Last edited by BicycleMafioso; 2013-07-06 at 02:33 PM.

Deleted
    Mod edit: Please don't contribute to derailing
    Last edited by BicycleMafioso; 2013-07-06 at 02:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    I'm not even going to touch your claim of the performance increase, but I'll tell you right away that your mention of price difference is factually wrong until you provide links of otherwise.
    http://www.amazon.com/Kingston-Techn...3+DDR+kingston
    65$

http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Vengea...ywords=2133DDR
    85$

20$ difference, less than 20€ in EU. Happy?

Quote Originally Posted by Numeanor View Post
    Etc
    That's a 30% price increase. For 15% alleged performance increase. I'll be happy to admit the price difference was smaller than I expected nowadays, however.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    That's a 30% price increase. For 15% alleged performance increase.
    If the performance increase was overall and the price increase only for the RAM, I would be VERY happy to pay the surplus :-)

I'm afraid the OP abandoned this thread long time ago.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nedda View Post
    I'm afraid the OP abandoned this thread long time ago.
    If by abandoning you mean he didn't post since yesterday then yes. If he did I can honestly understand why with a lot of spam and nitpicking, maybe he got intimidated a little considering this will be his first self-built PC.

There are some excellent builds presented in the thread though and if you (op) take your time and double check anything you're doubting then you'll be fine.

Newegg TV: How To Build a Computer - Part 1 - Choosing Your Components
    Newegg TV: How To Build a Computer - Part 2 - The Build
    Newegg TV: How To Build a Computer - Part 3 - Installing Windows & Finishing Touches

Deleted
    maybe op abandoned the thread long time ago. he created a thread on a german hardware forum and people there seem to help him w/o bitching about ram speed/overclocking methods (did op even mention that he wants to overclock? if not - lol@the 2133mhz discussion).

i still find it funny to read about the 2133mhz-missconception. but well "you know what you are talking about" so you gotta be right. keep in mind that op wants to use his pc for gaming so maybe watch the video i posted. btw thats why i dont like reading the hardware forum on mmo: its all about beeing right. not about helping people...

as far as i've read through the other thread they suggested him buying:

i5 3570k
    gigabyte gtx 770oc 3x windforce //
    z77 pro4
    8gb corsair valueselect 1600
    be quite! straight power e9

+case+cooler = 865€ (excluding hdd and ssd)

i think its a nice and balanced build
    Last edited by mmoc4b4987c41d; 2013-07-06 at 08:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nedda View Post
    If the performance increase was overall and the price increase only for the RAM, I would be VERY happy to pay the surplus :-)
    Well, it might be 15% increase on RAM performance, but it sure as shit isn't overall performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Baroq View Post
    maybe op abandoned the thread long time ago. he created a thread on a german hardware forum and people there seem to help him w/o bitching about ram speed/overclocking methods (did op even mention that he wants to overclock? if not - lol@the 2133mhz discussion).
    I'm frankly fine with that. This thread really shouldn't have become 6 pages if it was on topic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baroq View Post

i still find it funny to read about the 2133mhz-missconception. but well "you know what you are talking about" so you gotta be right. keep in mind that op wants to use his pc for gaming so maybe watch the video i posted. btw thats why i dont like reading the hardware forum on mmo: its all about beeing right. not about helping people...

as far as i've read through the other thread they suggested him buying:

i5 3570k
    gigabyte gtx 770oc 3x windforce //
    z77 pro4
    8gb corsair valueselect 1600
    be quite! straight power e9

+case+cooler = 865€ (excluding hdd and ssd)

i think its a nice and balanced build
    With 250GB SSD and the 1TB HDD that would be ~€1070

My suggested build:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post21672668

is ~€1000, main difference is the 760 vs 770, the 760 is really all you need for 1080p and especially for WoW but as I also mentioned the IvyBridge setup is definitely also an option. Then again if he is on a different forum now then this talk might be pointless. Too bad if he got scared away buy some somewhat pointless bickering.

Op here, was still monitoring but didnt understand a thing, so i was just scamming the pages for something that i understand tbh its not very likly that you find a build 20 ppl agree on. There are infinite different builds that will serve the purpose.

Different forum suggested this http://geizhals.de/?cat=WL-140893.

Btw i have no problem with people arguing about expert stuff, i actually quite like to help people learn something so go on with that good stuff

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hYrsch View Post
    Op here, was still monitoring but didnt understand a thing, so i was just scamming the pages for something that i understand tbh its not very likly that you find a build 20 ppl agree on. There are infinite different builds that will serve the purpose.

Different forum suggested this http://geizhals.de/?cat=WL-140893.

Btw i have no problem with people arguing about expert stuff, i actually quite like to help people learn something so go on with that good stuff
    You're missing HDD/SSD in the build.

My build includes all that and should be close enough to what the regulars here would suggest generally, very similar to the builds from Drunken and Chazus.

Main difference with the German site/forum/suggestion, is the GTX 760 instead of GTX 770 but seriously for 1080p and your needs you really don't need more than that. Also the GTX 760 in my build is just a placeholder, use the link below it for the Gigabyte WF3. Their build is still decent enough.