Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
5
LastLast
  1. #61
    The Insane Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Twitch & Youtube
    Posts
    18,188
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    Yeah, it might be dragged out a bit. Maybe it won't be immediately obvious, and the leaders convene to decide between them after 5.4.

    Vol'jin is the leader of this rebellion though. It'll be him de facto at this rate.
    Yeah to the Vol'jin thing. Which will also give him a good shot at being Warchief permanently. Still, the orcs will need a new racial leader.
    Unsubscribed as of 03/10/2014.

    If you dislike where WoW is headed in your mind, quit. Really. Sitting around complaining about "promises" that may or may not have been made isn't doing anything to help your cause. It's just making you look more and more like the constantly complaining and perpetually offended.

  2. #62
    Field Marshal Starscreamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    RIGHT BEHIND YOU
    Posts
    63
    Blizz has already said that the new warchief will be someone nobody guessed, which realistically probably wont be possible, but it's gonna mean it's not the obvious choices like vol'jin or lorthemar. I believe, after Wrathion's scary predictions that we are headed towards something that neither side will be able to face alone, either Wrathion or Anduin will end up leading a combined faction of horde and alliance against what is highly likely to be the legion in the next expac so there technically wouldn't be a new warchief. At the very least Anduin is gonna have to be taking on some sort of role with the horde otherwise his whole story line this expac with befriending the Taurens doesn't seem to make much sense.

  3. #63
    The Vol'jin scenario/questline in barrens is pretty awesome in my opinion. I wouldn't mind if he were the new warcheif, but I really would line Baine to get the job as Blizzards way of saying sorry for killing off his dad. haha

  4. #64
    Won't the new Warchief be announced in 5.5?

  5. #65
    Stood in the Fire Mr Meeseeks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Warchief Vol'jin's Horde
    Posts
    492
    It seems the final candidates are Thrall, Vol'jin, and Saurfang. Thank god Sylvannas or Lor'themar won't be getting it.
    Troll master race is best master race.

  6. #66
    What if the Horde simply becomes splintered after the SoO and the expansion ends with the doubt surrounding its future? Theron seems to regret joining with the Horde in the first place, Vol'jin and Baine don't seem to want leadership of the entire Horde so much as they want to care for their own people (nor does Saurfang of Eitrigg, for that matter), and who knows what Sylvanas really wants? It would seem like a large step back for Thrall for him to return as Warchief (regardless of how well I liked him for the part). If we don't end up killing Garrosh in this raid and he somehow "redeems" himself, would the rest of the Horde suffer his leadership again regardless?

    Not to mention the Alliance, who would love to see a weakened, divided Horde. They'll be fighting in the SoO alongside Horde leaders, but will they really be fighting alongside them, or will they be working to pit them against each other and throw some monkey wrenches into the works. The Alliance are not all altruistic and above fighting dirty.

    Or will it be a total copout ending? *sigh* I hope not.

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    What if the Horde simply becomes splintered after the SoO and the expansion ends with the doubt surrounding its future? Theron seems to regret joining with the Horde in the first place, Vol'jin and Baine don't seem to want leadership of the entire Horde so much as they want to care for their own people (nor does Saurfang of Eitrigg, for that matter), and who knows what Sylvanas really wants? It would seem like a large step back for Thrall for him to return as Warchief (regardless of how well I liked him for the part). If we don't end up killing Garrosh in this raid and he somehow "redeems" himself, would the rest of the Horde suffer his leadership again regardless?

    Not to mention the Alliance, who would love to see a weakened, divided Horde. They'll be fighting in the SoO alongside Horde leaders, but will they really be fighting alongside them, or will they be working to pit them against each other and throw some monkey wrenches into the works. The Alliance are not all altruistic and above fighting dirty.

    Or will it be a total copout ending? *sigh* I hope not.
    Vol'jin sees the Horde as a family, I think that could qualify him for looking out for the entire horde and not just the Darkspear.

  8. #68
    it should just be a council of the elders.

  9. #69
    Moderator Gehco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    FEEL THE WRATH OF MY SPANNER!!
    Posts
    5,580
    Quote Originally Posted by High Priestess Ishanah View Post
    topic. I presume they NEED to stick in the sound files for each of the MAJOR characters (thrall, Vol'jin, Varian) before the patch goes live, and that should give us an indication about whats in store for the Horde now. so how can they hide who the new warchief will be? Will it only be revealed in the Garrosh death credits scene?
    Play the game and be patient. We don't need to know stuff until it is happening. Besiddes, it can be quickly added when the time is right.
    If you disapprove of moderation, seek an Admin or Global Moderator.
    Stuff can be fixed, just get enough glue or duct tape!

  10. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Easy. There won't be a new warchief named in 5.4.

    That will be part of the pre-Expansion V events in either 5.5 or 6.0.
    I don't think so. Considering that the naming of a new warchief after all this is a pretty big deal, and that Blizzard wasn't sure if there would be a 5.5 (old blue post, I'm not fishing it up), there's no way it could be in 5.5. I mean, it's possible to be in 6.0, but that seems really late.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Play the game and be patient. We don't need to know stuff until it is happening. Besiddes, it can be quickly added when the time is right.
    This is a forum that is dedicated to the discussion of everything Warcraft. What's so wrong about theorizing how things about Warcraft will be handled?

  11. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    Vol'jin sees the Horde as a family, I think that could qualify him for looking out for the entire horde and not just the Darkspear.
    I never said he wasn't qualified. I said he didn't seem interested in being the leader.

  12. #72
    Aggra as Warchief with Thrall as the First Lady.

  13. #73
    Imagine the tears if it was Anduin, and judging by the story leading up to 5.4, it's not something you can rule out lol

  14. #74
    Moderator Gehco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    FEEL THE WRATH OF MY SPANNER!!
    Posts
    5,580
    Quote Originally Posted by lopk View Post
    I don't think so. Considering that the naming of a new warchief after all this is a pretty big deal, and that Blizzard wasn't sure if there would be a 5.5 (old blue post, I'm not fishing it up), there's no way it could be in 5.5. I mean, it's possible to be in 6.0, but that seems really late.



    This is a forum that is dedicated to the discussion of everything Warcraft. What's so wrong about theorizing how things about Warcraft will be handled?
    Because I recall before mists, that a ton of people made angry threads on MMO-C because no one had found any clues, datamining or leaks about it. So instead they turned to rage at everyone for why there wasn't anything.

    Besiddes, there will be a long time with fighting before the would put a new chief in. So I bet it's a new patch for that. Or even first in the next expansion.
    If you disapprove of moderation, seek an Admin or Global Moderator.
    Stuff can be fixed, just get enough glue or duct tape!

  15. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by meroko View Post
    Imagine the tears if it was Anduin, and judging by the story leading up to 5.4, it's not something you can rule out lol
    Oh I'm pretty sure that can be ruled out. Very, very few in the Horde would even think about accepting a human as their leader, especially given what humans have done to orcs and trolls in the past. No, just no.

  16. #76
    Legendary! Destil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Kanda's House
    Posts
    6,965
    Wanna know what they're gonna do?

    They're gonna take every single race on the Horde side, fuse them together, and wanna know what they'll come out with?

    A gnome.

    That's our new Warchief.

    A freakin' gnome.

    There. I solved the greatest question to the universe.

    Do I get a cookie?

  17. #77
    haws anyone stoped to think that maybe.. JUST maybe we wont kill garrosh and we will just cleanse him of the sha which in turn makes him the perfect warchief? .... it sounds like a more reasonable thing

  18. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by berdrek View Post
    haws anyone stoped to think that maybe.. JUST maybe we wont kill garrosh and we will just cleanse him of the sha which in turn makes him the perfect warchief? .... it sounds like a more reasonable thing
    that does not sound like a more reasonable thing at all

  19. #79
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    They won't deal with "the new warchief" in this patch. Probably not even until the next expansion.
    My thoughts exactly, but if they do address it in MoP, I'm guessing it will be in 5.5(if there is one).

  20. #80
    How about sylvanas? Given her recent attitudes, it would make the next expansion pretty interesting.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •