Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

How will they hide the new Warchief's identity from us?

topic. I presume they NEED to stick in the sound files for each of the MAJOR characters (thrall, Vol'jin, Varian) before the patch goes live, and that should give us an indication about whats in store for the Horde now. so how can they hide who the new warchief will be? Will it only be revealed in the Garrosh death credits scene?

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe they just won't put those voice files in until one of the later release candidates? Or, yes, make the new Warchief's ascension part of the Garrosh death cinematic.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

4.3 ending cinematic was encrypted so no one could watch it until the patch went live. The voice files for that are within the cinematic.

In other words, we probably won't know until the patch comes out.

Actually we still don't have voices of Varian and Thrall from 5.4.

They're not hiding anything. It's going to be Vol'jin.

Deleted
    We will see that After Garrosh is killed. (Just like when Lich King died)
    The cinematic can be shown in a city (Like Dalaran for LK)

In the cinematic we will see the next boss of ogrimmar.
    (Just my theory)

10+ Year Old Account
    Thrall, Varian, Vol'jin and Saurfang appear to be the most important characters in whats to come, given how they haven't released there voice files yet.
    #boycottchina

If i recall correct the 4.3 ending movie wasn't put in until after the patch was out and thats the only place they really need to show who becomes the new war chief in 5.4 After that sure there will be in game references and a change made but during 5.4 just needs to be in the movie and can be kept away from data miners til the last moment. I only hope tho the patch preview trailer isnt as rushed and crappy as 4.3 was.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    That is a very likely candidate. Blizzard doesnt know how to hide their stuff, really, they dont. It was pretty clear that garrosh was going to be the next warchief, ie being forced on us left and right in wotlk, and then he had his own novel. Voljin is forced on us in the very same manner, but hes less whiny and stuck up.

The two likely candidates are Voljin and Saurfang, Voljin more so. Unlikely is Lorthemar. Another likely scenario is a "War Council," Like the Dwarves have.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Easy. There won't be a new warchief named in 5.4.

That will be part of the pre-Expansion V events in either 5.5 or 6.0.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

I suspect it won't be resolved yet. Either in the 6.0 pre-expansion patch or in a small 5.5 patch, or maybe not even until the next expansion proper.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    I dunno. Lor'themar certainly is making a case for higher office. And Saurfang is finally doing something, which makes a lot of his supporters very happy.

And Thrall isn't dead. So Metzen may put his baby back on the throne.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Have him wear a pair of glasses and a suit.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

Orcs wouldn't follow Vol'jin, I don't see it. And half of them are all Garrosh extremists. They would have to do a purge of Org in order for him to be sitting the throne.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfen View Post
    That is a very likely candidate. Blizzard doesnt know how to hide their stuff, really, they dont. It was pretty clear that garrosh was going to be the next warchief, ie being forced on us left and right in wotlk, and then he had his own novel.
    Blizzard pretty much released this information shortly after they said that the Horde needs a new Warchief, Garrosh got some attention in Wotlk but it was mostly Garrosh vs. Varian, which boiled down to the Ulduar Cinematic and TotC.

And Garrosh never had his own Novel, Shattering had some focus on him but it's not a Novel for him like Twilight of the Aspects for Thrall or Stormrage for Malfurion.

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Easy. There won't be a new warchief named in 5.4.

That will be part of the pre-Expansion V events in either 5.5 or 6.0.
    Usually they want to finish the story of a expansion when the expansion obviously ends, i hardly think that they will delay the answer on such question for many months.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysara View Post
    Orcs wouldn't follow Vol'jin, I don't see it. And half of them are all Garrosh extremists. They would have to do a purge of Org in order for him to be sitting the throne.
    Which is why the war council idea looks superior to an actual warchief

Definitely not warchief Blitzcrank?
    It's like crossing an intersection. There's shit going on all over the place and you don't panic and act like an idiot then do you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysara View Post
    He doesn't need to be the orc racial leader; they have Thrall and Saurfang for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Saurfang ... pretty pretty please ... yes I am kinda racist in the case of new warchief :-D
    "Ubi sementem feceris, ita mettes."

They won't deal with "the new warchief" in this patch. Probably not even until the next expansion.