Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    A lot of people seem to be dodging the actual problem here, and that is this guy pulled out a pistol in a neighborhood with children nearby and discharged 5 shots without any remote threat present, not to mention the maniacal phrase he stated before shooting them. It really isn't relevant if they were going to euthanize the cats later in a controlled environment at all.
    Last edited by Echelonl; 2013-07-05 at 01:50 AM.

That's some messed up stuff....

I actually could care less that he shot the kittens. They were going to die anyway. That's not what he should be punished for. You don't bloody shoot them outside the house where kids are. If your going to shoot them take them further into the woods or just take them generally out of the residential area / town then shoot them.

He should be punished for location, that's it. If he had half a brain this wouldn't even be news.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    3 - The mother cat was aggressive and would no doubt have attacked a child who wanted to "Pet Kitty"

in my opinion what was done was for the best,
    I just wanted to write a sarcastic post about how the officer had no other choice because he had to defend himself from attacking kittens.
    But this is already close enough.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by syphil View Post
    Anyone in this thread claiming to have tamed an "adult feral cat" actually found a house cat who escaped and became an outdoor cat. They encountered the cat and took him or her in, and then proclaim to themselves "look at me, guys! I tamed a feral kitty."

You didn't. You merely re-homed a once house-cat turned street-cat.

If kittens aren't handled by humans and turn feral as adolescents, there's no going back.

Source: me. Worked on a farm for many years. There's house cats. There's barnyard cats. And then there are feral cats. The difference between house cats and feral cats are miles apart. Feral cats act like freaking raccoons.
    My cat was born from stray cats, i know the mother cat, i knew when it had kittens and as such i sure as hell know this cat has never lived with or been handled by humans and even attacked them, still got the scar to prove it from the first time i tried to pet him , a pretty deep gash in my finger that was. ^^
    When it was not longer a kitten he would occasionally sit in my garden , seemed to love my garden chair, it took me at least a year before i could even get close to him, it took more time for him to trust me enough to let me touch him and come into my house occasionally when the door was open but eventually he became a reasonably normal cat who decided my home was his territory.
    it's not like i picked him up trew him in my house and we were best buds , it took a shitload of time and patience (and food , feral or not cats love to eat).
    He still doesn't like any human but me and will get defensive when others try to pet him and if i catch him by surprise he reverts back to his evil kitty persona with a lot of hissing and ready to attack mode (allthough never attacks me anymore) but other than i can pet him , he like to sleep on my lap and comes when he needs attention , just like any normal cat.
    Might have helped I had other normal house cats ofc.
    Also i don't claim i tamed him , he probably just got sick of being outside in the crappy dutch weather , tolerates me and likes to sit on my lap while getting a back rub.
    Last edited by mmocffc62feb06; 2013-07-05 at 02:34 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luftmangle View Post
    Why does it matter how we kill animals?

How much does a bullet cost versus transportation, and euthanization of these cats?
    Because we should avoid forcing them to suffer needlessly. If we are forced to kill them, we should do so in a way that causes minimal or no pain.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zeropeorth View Post
    Sorry some of you have such a negative view on animals. [sarcasm] I'm surprised you don't feel the same way about orphanages and babies/children. [/sarcasm]
    When it comes to babies and children in orphanages, I tend to agree with Jonathan Swift.

I'm kinda hungry right now.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    This is the most depressing thing I've read in a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.