Thread: Holy Priest 5.4

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    They fixed sanctuary 4p finally so no more double dipping from it. Meanwhile in the land of perma-hasted efflorescence all remains well i see, guess having an efflorescence perma boosted by haste effects like sotf is considered working as intended.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Isheria View Post
    They fixed sanctuary 4p finally so no more double dipping from it. Meanwhile in the land of perma-hasted efflorescence all remains well i see, guess having an efflorescence perma boosted by haste effects like sotf is considered working as intended.
    This makes me sad. Though it was probably my fault in part. I tweeted GC to find out if it was intentional or not (since it had persisted through so many builds).

He thought I was asking about Holy Paladins, which also made me sad. :-\

I'm 99% sure SotF boosting Efflo is also unintentional.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Deleted
    The 2set bonus I just got on the PTR says 50% per stack of serendipity and it is definitely 50% because my PoH goes fro 40k to 80k and gheal goes from 130k to 260k

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Havoc12 View Post
    The 2set bonus I just got on the PTR says 50% per stack of serendipity and it is definitely 50% because my PoH goes fro 40k to 80k and gheal goes from 130k to 260k
    Yes, that's correct. But the 4pc was bugged.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Is FDCL working properly on PTR , doesn't seem to be proccing from renew and a couple of other heals

"Every healing spell" on the tooltip doesn't include renew, it's only fh, gh, bh, poh, coh, pom and penance. This isn't a bug. They're just lazy to make spec specific tooltips.

That's nowhere near every healing spell, blah

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Isheria View Post
    "Every healing spell" on the tooltip doesn't include renew, it's only fh, gh, bh, poh, coh, pom and penance. This isn't a bug. They're just lazy to make spec specific tooltips.
    Honestly, the increased spells it procs on isn't wowing me (no pun intended).

The extra mana savings on Serendipity isn't wowing me either.

What they really need to do is make some adjustments to our Mana Talents specific to Holy Priests:

FDCL: Proc chance from HW: Serenity and CoH increased to 40%
    Mindbender: Your Mindbender will consume your stacks of Serendipity, increasing the number of swings by 1 per stack.
    PW-Solace: Your PW-Solace spell will consume your stacks of Serendipity, increasing the mana generated by 0.5% per stack.

Finally, FDCL needs some tweaking as far as its mechanic goes. After using it extensively on the PTR with it's extra proc spells, I am completely frustrated with how it GCD-locks me out of casting spells. It's very difficult and clunky to use because consuming a charge is instant but causes a GCD and the feeling that you are locked-out, silenced, etc. It completely interrupts everything you were doing and wanted to do for what feels like an eternity, and in that way I feel it is a poor throughput talent. I am still going to try using it once I get the 2-piece and feel comfortable on mana, but GAWD, let me friggin CAST please by taking the use of the SoL proc OFF the GCD. That way if you are in the middle of a cast (or a channel) you could actually use your stacks of SoL without interrupting your cast or incurring a GCD. THEN it is actually a throughput talent. Imagine the flexibility of being able to cast 1 or 2 emergency heals while you HoH. Or get some DH-buffed heals on the tanks while you channel DH. Or Flash Heal someone while you are casting GH or PoH. Yes, that would make FDCL attractive. Otherwise SoL will proc to two stacks and you will lose a lot of procs because you can't spend them effectively enough without interrupting your "Right Spell For The Job" purpose as a Holy Priest.

15+ Year Old Account
    I know what you mean Dark. A FH procc while youre raidhealing hasnt got the right feeling to it. Especially if you sit in Sanc and heal 25man. The procc wont mean anything but a free and reduced in power GCD that will lower hps most likely, atleast without the tier set. As far as manasaving I believe it can be better than expected with the buff to Serendipity.

does that mean the took Heal off the list for FDCL?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nobodysbaby View Post
    I know what you mean Dark. A FH procc while youre raidhealing hasnt got the right feeling to it. Especially if you sit in Sanc and heal 25man. The procc wont mean anything but a free and reduced in power GCD that will lower hps most likely, atleast without the tier set. As far as manasaving I believe it can be better than expected with the buff to Serendipity.
    It will mean tons with the 2pc. Don't forget that 2pc directly buffs PoH.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    It will mean tons with the 2pc. Don't forget that 2pc directly buffs PoH.
    I think that is what I said;-) Tons? Idk about that cause you still need to waste GCDs on weak FHs.

I can see how it'll be a problem in 25m, but on 10s you are more than likely to need a FH anyway, and up until now it felt like a huge waste of mana in Sanc chakra. Now at least it'll not be as painful.

Quote Originally Posted by worcester View Post
    does that mean the took Heal off the list for FDCL?
    Heal still procs FDCL. Removing that could have killed the talent for Serenity play style...

10+ Year Old Account
    I think that is what I said;-) Tons? Idk about that cause you still need to waste GCDs on weak FHs.
    Tbh, as Holy I spend a lot of time holding my heals until they're needed. I don't really have the mana to spend willy-nilly on things, so to me this isn't going to be a big deal. Anything else I might cast is going to eat up at least a GCD anyway.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Quote Originally Posted by laplacedemon View Post
    Heal still procs FDCL. Removing that could have killed the talent for Serenity play style...
    ok good, was getting scared for a moment

15+ Year Old Account
    Tbh, as Holy I spend a lot of time holding my heals until they're needed. I don't really have the mana to spend willy-nilly on things, so to me this isn't going to be a big deal. Anything else I might cast is going to eat up at least a GCD anyway.
    I might not have been clear. "While youre raidhealing" meant for the bigger AoE moments. I certainly wont twiddle my thumbs and stack Serendipity proccs by then;-) Its nice when situation allows you to but when shit really hits the fan and things get seriuos, those free FHs wont be too meaningful and perhaps even a hps loss if you focus too much on getting them out.

Its for sure a different story for 10m and that is absolutly superfine cause imo that is where holypri needs more power.

Deleted
    FDCL without the new tier set is an HPS LOSS for holy. If you don't have the 2-set then the new mindbender is still better for holy, because its the same mana regen and less GCDs lost.

FDCL becomes the top talent however the instant you get the new 2-set. Why are you even testing in the PTR without the new tier sets anyway?

Once you have the tier set, I don't care if the boss is throwing the kitchen sink on your raid you better use up those FDCLs, because everytime you cast one or two of them you get a massive PoH incoming, which is a major HPS gain. The harder the incoming damage the more you need to use those FDCLs.

@darkener and nobodysbaby: You are clearly using FDCL wrong.

a) You only need to use 1 FDCL every 13s or so. Wasting additional FDCLs will not really set you back compared to mindbender. You can afford to waste a couple of procs instead of losing HPS at key moments.

b) FDCL requires more attention. You can't just spend the proc when you get it, even with the 2set. You have to plan around legendary meta procs and the groups you are going to PoH.

Here is the correct way to use FDCL during high HPS phases:

No tier set: Use the proc on the lowest healthbar you can see when the following conditions are satisfied a) PoM is on CD and no DI b) CoH has been used or will overheal c) PoH will overheal. Although you might think that pre-casting when the heathbars are full is a good idea, it is even better to have a fast PoH to use reactively instead and FH the low health targets with little overheal. d) Legendary meta has not procd. If these conditions are not satisfied don't use FDCL even if you have 2 stacks

+2p set: You want ideally to use two FDCL procs, but with the 2 sets you don't want to waste procs if possible. Thus if you get a 2nd stack unload them both on he lowest health targets you can see (unless the legedary meta has procd). If you get one proc then the criteria (a)-(d) apply. Criterion (d) takes precedence though. Use glyphed binding heal or at least a spell costing mana during legendary meta procs even if you have FDCL stacked to 2.

With the 2set though there is a caveat. If the raid damage is extremely hard and you are in a fight to save your raid, then FDCL procs come second in priority only to PoM/DI procs, so use them right away to raise your HPS. FDCL procs are actually extremely good during high damage phases, because it adds an extra spell to heal people who took too much damage in addition to PoM and the best part is that it actually buffs your HPS to do so.

Just think of how many times you see someone at extremely low health during bursts and you know that a PoH or CoH won't save them. Casting an FH for free and gain HPS while doing it is just insanely good and it would be worth it even if FDCL had significantly lower mana return compared to mindbender.

Just think of it you are gaining a 50% bonus to PoH per serendipity stack ATM. If you think about it with the new 2set, you are gaining 1.15s from Half a PoH every time you cast an FH and on top of that you are getting 0.46s off the castime of your next PoH too. That means the FH cast not only does not cost you any time, but it actually gives you back 0.1s per cast. Although the gap between PoHs is raised by ~0.9s, your second PoH is 1.5 times larger. In essense, you get the healing from the FH and you get 0.1s of extra casting time too. It is just too good to pass under any conditions of very high damage. Even if the FH healed for nothing, it would still be a gain in HPS.

10+ Year Old Account
    I might not have been clear. "While youre raidhealing" meant for the bigger AoE moments. I certainly wont twiddle my thumbs and stack Serendipity proccs by then;-) Its nice when situation allows you to but when shit really hits the fan and things get seriuos, those free FHs wont be too meaningful and perhaps even a hps loss if you focus too much on getting them out.

Its for sure a different story for 10m and that is absolutly superfine cause imo that is where holypri needs more power.
    I guess I just don't see the problem with Serendipity weaving, but that's just me. We'll have to see how it shakes out.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

15+ Year Old Account
    I guess I just don't see the problem with Serendipity weaving, but that's just me. We'll have to see how it shakes out.
    Yus, Im sure it will work great, and as poster above said, with the tier set it'll be a different story anyhow, not that a talent/spell should need tier bonus to be viable *cough* Sanctuary;D

The only thing that really bothers me is Chakra and how it contradicts the FDCL/Serendipity procc playstyle (AoE spells mixed with/boosting ST and vice versa).