Poll: Merge Factions?

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    World Peace is nothing but a fantasy.
    "There will always be war as long as there are people to wage them"

- - - Updated - - -

Warcraft 3 - Peace occurred, and should of continued to occur. Renewing hostilities at the start of WoW was retardedly stupid to start. There was no reason at all for a break down, and none was given in Vanilla at all.

BC - The Alliance from Outland wanted to fight Orcs and the Orcs wanted to check out their homeworld. Again stupid for the war to be on going. PVP vs Aldor and Scryers would of solved.

Wrath - Logical that the Horde and Alliance would be united against the Scourge. Hellscream coming into power would of made sense to a START to hostilities. Warsong Clan and Wrathgate would continue to build on this.

Cata - Garrosh starts a real war on the need for resources.

MoP - War reaches conclusion and ends. Factions return to allies. Battle Grounds become War-Games, and PVP becomes FFA.

Fixed it to better reflect what the Lore should of been.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kick out Humans, Night Elves, Gnomes, Worgen and Draenai of the Alliance.. Then the Horde will accept an application to merge...
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Deleted
    Death to the horde !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I wonder who is that genius in blizzard who thought that greatest ambition of horde players is.... killing orcs. GIVE THAT MAN RAISE !!!!
    I sure like slaughtering orcs, beasts need to be culled.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    I sure like slaughtering orcs, beasts need to be culled.
    Well i sure hope next expansion we will be "forced" to kill anduin and friends. THAT would be another tragedy..... (hopefully idea will come from the same guy in blizz)

Deleted
    Well i sure hope next expansion we will be "forced" to kill anduin and friends. THAT would be another tragedy..... (hopefully idea will come from the same guy in blizz)
    If Anduin goes batshit insane, Shadow priest-ish badass empowered by whatever Demon manifestation comes along, I'd gladly fight Anduin.

It's not about killing your own faction, but killing characters who go apeshit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Insarius View Post
    If Anduin goes batshit insane, Shadow priest-ish badass empowered by whatever Demon manifestation comes along, I'd gladly fight Anduin.

It's not about killing your own faction, but killing characters who go apeshit.
    I would much rather kill innocent, light-worshipping version of anduin to be honest.....
    Also Anduin being badass ? Are you serious ?
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-07-05 at 04:38 PM. Reason: langugage

The Horde and Alliance have worked together before, it doesn't mean they need to join factions.

There would still be WAR between us and the Burning Legion, so it's not like the whole "War" aspect of the Warcraft would be lost. I think that argument is getting a bit old, sure "Orcs vs Humans" is what started the whole thing and continued to push it but sometimes a major change must be made for the story to continue, if we're to get peace between the two factions, this would be the right time. As for battlegrounds and so on, right now in RBG's and Arenas you can already fight against your own faction, don't see why that couldn't be added to the normal battlegrounds aswell.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Unless they introduce another faction then that idea would be totally silly and it would kill off the genre. However, if they introduce a burning legion faction of races which include as example: Fel orcs,broken draenei,naga,ogre,etherals (or w/e their spelled) and other races affiliated with the burning legion then it could make sense. As for the ones where horde vs ally at war areas they could do some sort of phasing or make it stay the same. Although both ideas just dont fit in and "Warcraft" wouldn't just feel the same, having played all warcraft games it would feel weird allying with the alliance or horde being together.

Deleted
    I would much rather kill innocent, light-worshipping, moralfag version of anduin to be honest.....
    Also Anduin being badass ? Are you serious ?
    If he goes insane and gets empowered by a whole lot of demon shit, then yes.

Garrosh is just an orc, he's pretty badass.

Merging fractions would be the best thing to hit the game since LFD. Rift has it, and there's a bunch more people to play with, and it breeds less dickery. Much like resurrections and language, it dosnt have to abide by lore, just be a game play mechanic.

If they united, then the game's dead as far as I'm concerned. It might work for an RTS sequel, but not the MMO. The faction war is arguably the most important aspect to the story and game. It'd be pointless without it, especially for the PvP crowd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alixie View Post
    Merging fractions would be the best thing to hit the game since LFD. Rift has it, and there's a bunch more people to play with, and it breeds less dickery. Much like resurrections and language, it dosnt have to abide by lore, just be a game play mechanic.
    I want to know how this would breed less dickery?
    On PvP servers, it would just bring back dishonorable kills - which sucked.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    If they united, then the game's dead as far as I'm concerned. It might work for an RTS sequel, but not the MMO. The faction war is arguably the most important aspect to the story and game. It'd be pointless without it, especially for the PvP crowd.
    Yeah, because we've actively dealt with eachother in means of war.

The only thing we had were dailies afaik.

As a role player I would much rather have the factions remain distinct.

Deleted
    At least I could reroll human.

No but seriously, this won't happen. If it did, it would likely tip me off of the edge and I'd quit. There's a long list of reasons why I should, something like that isn't going to make me want to stay. I've been quite happy with things so far, apart from the terribly cliche and boring Garrosh plot.

Deleted
    I heard battlegrounds will be fun if this would happen, I think it is a horrible idea and I am suprised that so many voted yes.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    A neutral faction, or the ability to communicate and group with the other side would be nice.

How about if the factions 'split' into more than two sides? (i.e. a MMO like Starcraft-esque with three sides! OR more!)

So the Orcs hold their own and create the 'new' horde with the Goblins. Ogres join them.

Taurens and Trolls go their separate way and and retain the 'old' horde. Worgen and Undead and join them because they don't feel accepted by their original people (humans).

Blood Elves join the Alliance to make amends and live up to their 'old' alliance commitments.

Draenei take the gnomes and fly away on a starship?