Poll: Merge Factions?

Page 1 of 9
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

What if Horde and Alliance Merge Factions?

So at the end of MoP something has to happen. I don't feel the Alliance can just walk away and say, "Hey, Vol'jin, that was fun! But, you know, we're kinda in war and stuff. So we're gonna head out now." "Sounds good mon. See ya on the battlefield!"

That would just be bad story telling and not really make sense. If the Legion is on the way and we need to work together, wouldn't it make sense that an actual peace (not the fake peace that we started WoW with) but a real cease stabbing peace. This brings up questions like, What about PvP servers? What about BGs? Would Blizz redesign zones where Horde and Alliance are in combat? Would the Horde be welcome in Alliance cities, villages, quest-hubs, etc and vice versa? Would we merge the AH, too? Would this drive players away and lower subs even farther? Or would this be actual world change that would mean something and reinvigorate game play?

Ideas welcome!

[This post was infracted for minor spam.]
    Last edited by Rivellana; 2013-07-04 at 09:02 PM.

World of Peacecraft sounds pretty awful. It's an illusion even here on our planet of one race, imagine if we had aliens visit us.

Would this drive players away and lower subs even farther? Or would this be actual world change that would mean something and reinvigorate game play?
    You said the magic word. Blizzard just recently said they like Red vs Blue so i don't see it happening for a looong long time.

BUT...it's a fact that when the game starts feeling dead as the years roll by, merging the factions effectively doubles the community size. I still don't think it would necessarily happen (would there be any world pvp at all at that point? how would it work?), but that would be the tipping point IMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strakha View Post
    World of Peacecraft sounds pretty awful. It's an illusion even here on our planet of one race, imagine if we had aliens visit us.
    Yeah, I agree, but something has to come of this. Maybe a for the next entire xpac, or a handfull of patches and then something really bad happens that ends the peace. And it may not be as simple as world peace or "Peacecraft." Actually I would hope the plot is not as simple as "Peacecraft."

Quote Originally Posted by Thneed View Post
    Yeah, I agree, but something has to come of this. Maybe a for the next entire xpac, or a handfull of patches and then something really bad happens that ends the peace. And it may not be as simple as world peace or "Peacecraft." Actually I would hope the plot is not as simple as "Peacecraft."
    The only problem is that the entire time Warcraft has been Warcraft is that there was the two factions of warring different groups. So it is kind of an identity issue if that disappears and it becomes something that is not exactly Warcraft.

Which on a side note is why I think next expac goes to demons again, because MoP was the first real original story they made(since WoW) and people were very mixed on it, but most people like fighting demons.

Deleted
    I started a thread about this recently...

The point is that beyond lore there is nothing in game except Battlegrounds where the faction rivalry exists anymore. Only the story talks about the rivalry between the 2 factions and the game has only extremely minor parts where that rivalry is actually used.

The world of raiding and arena are the two main parts of Wow and your faction means jack shit. These parts of the game function without any reference to factions whatsoever, apart from Lore ofc.

Its actually extremely embarressing on Blizzards part just how they have neglected such a crucial part of the game.

Maybe I'm too pacifist but I always liked the idea of peace between Alliance and Horde. Neither of them are "bad", they might have had different motives but without the need to always be on the edge they would automatically grow closer. If the Horde had no need for war machines anymore, they would not be too different from the Alliance Races. And we have seen several times that cooperation is possible when the common enemy is the greater threat.

We were close to peace before, until Garrosh started to f*ck everything up. God I hate this guy. At the end of the 5.1 Questline when Garrosh nearly killed Anduin, the greatest hope for permanent peace between Horde and Alliance, I couldn't stand just watching that. I so wanted to kill Garrosh right then...

At least they should allow realid/battletag friends from different factions to group together to do dungeons/raids/quests etc. That would be awesome.

Deleted
    It's what everyone's goal should be. In game and out of game.

perhaps there is something happening at the end of SoO that makes any sort of peace absolutely impossible.
    as an fellow orc i see a lot of Allianz-Main-Characters to kill inside my beloved city. don't know if i could lay down my bow if our ways cross. and my hope is with a lot of strong and proud member of the horde that will see the same chance after garrosh has fallen.

edit:
    or maybe its just wartharion eating jaina

I don't think the factions should merge. I would like to see a real neutral option though(not the fake pandaren neutral).

Maybe add another faction? Horde and Ally finally reconcile only to have something happen (burning legion returns?).

-You can then choose the horde/ally faction or burning legion side.
    -A whole new set of races become available to the BL side along with maybe a new class.
    -Make it so horde and ally are more neutral then best buddies of course so we won't see Humans flying around Org.
    -Still have horde vs ally BG's but base them more on a competition between the two instead of war. But also have BG's that Ally/horde combine to take on the Burning Legion.
    - Raids wouldn't be horde/ally combined, they are still separate.
    - New continent of course, but much larger then the rest, complete with leveling areas from 1-60 for the Burning Legion faction and horde/ally (would make it a bit more fun for people to level up more toons again).
    - Revamp Outlands and Northrend for Burning Legion leveling as well as Horde/Ally.
    - Another new landmass that is level 85 to 95 but still allow Ally and Horde to level in Panda Land to 90 should they choose so.

Don't be to critical on this, I just got home from work and came up with it quick lol. But anyways, the Burning Legion attack would happen in 5.5 and the world event would be the horde and ally coming together. That's my quick idea of an expansion!

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Pretty much only thing that could make me quit. We already have too much hugging and friendship. And i still remember promises of MoP being focused on alliance vs horde

Deleted
    It would kill a lot of the elements of the game. I know PVP is null and void in WoW, but a little bit of world PVP never hurt anyone!

Also, it would contradict a lot of the lore, I guess.

Just like the end of Wrath. In many ways the horde and alliance were working together and once the job was done so was their relationship. It isn't as much as they are working with Vol'jin as they are doing what is needed to put an end to Garosh.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm shocked at how many yes votes this got. Either there's a lot of trolls or I'm just way more out of touch than I thought with the rest of the community.

Quote Originally Posted by RicardoZ View Post
    I'm shocked at how many yes votes this got. Either there's a lot of trolls or I'm just way more out of touch than I thought with the rest of the community.
    Repeating the same thing over and over and over tends to get old. Horde and Ally hate one another, we got that back in 1995 and its been like that since. Why not change things up and make it fresh but still keep the familiarity of the WoW world? There are plenty of stories where factions at war unite against a larger threat.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Galathir View Post
    We were close to peace before, until Garrosh started to f*ck everything up.
    lol, the chance of peace was low even without Hellscream

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alcomo View Post
    There are plenty of stories where factions at war unite against a larger threat.
    and we have had that every single expansion. How exactly is that fresh?
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

we would unite for the moment and kill our new alien overlords, then go back to our wars