Poll: Merge Factions?

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azmordis View Post
    How about if the factions 'split' into more than two sides? (i.e. a MMO like Starcraft-esque with three sides! OR more!)

So the Orcs hold their own and create the 'new' horde with the Goblins. Ogres join them.

Taurens and Trolls go their separate way and and retain the 'old' horde. Worgen and Undead and join them because they don't feel accepted by their original people (humans).

Blood Elves join the Alliance to make amends and live up to their 'old' alliance commitments.

Draenei take the gnomes and fly away on a starship?
    Gnomes can make their own starship.

Draenei should stay. :3

i am super biased at draenei

group with friends in dungeons/raids. not pvp

I would love to see merged factions for players, potentially under the leadership of Anduin in the Army of Light when the Legion comes in the next expansion. There is no reason the players, as world-saving heroes, should be confined by traditional factions. It's also worth mentioning the idea that in the conflict between the Horde and Alliance the lack of traitors on either side is less plausible than the allowance of cross-faction racial choices.

Factions are a horribly archaic system that add nothing but faulty lore to the game and detract so much (effectively halves the population, etc). It would definitely be silly to not see some cross-faction racial choices, faction merging, or something similar after this expansion is over.

Keep in mind, it's ridiculous to assume there are no defectors in the Horde vs Alliance war. They've also tested the idea of neutral races and the 'Silhouette Problem' with Pandaren. It went as expected and nobody was affected by it whatsoever. There's nothing holding Blizzard back from improving the game via fully neutral races or Faction merges except their own stubbornness.
    Last edited by Frogged; 2013-07-05 at 01:11 PM.
    "I realized it is the struggle itself that is the most important. We must strive to be more than we are. It does not matter that we will never reach our ultimate goal. The effort yields its own rewards." -Data

Peacecraft? Hardly. Ally and Horde working together could happen by adding another 'faction' for players to play.

Fallen Champions.

Much like how Lord of the Rings Online allows you to roll a monster char for their PvP zones, you could go PvP by electing to play a corrupted version of your char and be on the side of evil(Burning Legion/Old Gods/what have you)and you'd have the brave champions of Azeroth fighting those who would see it burn for a myriad of reasons.

Deleted
    We're at war non-stop, if not for eachother, with other threats.

Warcraft isn't just about Alliance v Horde, but also about players v huge dragons trying to decimate the world, a traitor king with power over almost all the undead trying to decimate the world, demons trying to... you got it; decimate the world.

We wage war against more than eachother, much, much more.

It's not peacecraft the moment we unite, it's peacecraft the moment baddies stop rising.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if it were the case lore wise, but I've been saying this for a while: WoW needs a crazy gimmick shot in the arm to keep it interesting, and expac after expac like clockwork (albeit too slow for some people) will eventually just lose subs because they're tired of the same game, even if it is new and better.

Allow all races to be any faction, Battlegrounds are renamed to something like "Training Grounds" or "Skirmishes" and now have a lore explanation for them that is they are for practice against the legion or some greater threat.

They need to do something radical, while they still have everyones attention.

Joined alliance so I didn't need to work with the filthy savages (I kid of course, I just joined for dwarves)
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 4527-7566-5852. PM if you add me.

Deleted
    Horde and alliance merges = Hordiance or Alliarde
    New faction emerges, Burning Legion, Old gods and Scourge merges = Burning Scourge, the Old Legion, Scourge Legion or the Old Burning Leurge

New faction races: Nerubian, Eredar, Undead, Darkfallen, Nathrezim, Lich, Faceless one, Vrykul, Cultists, Satyr

Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    I heard battlegrounds will be fun if this would happen, I think it is a horrible idea and I am suprised that so many voted yes.
    kind of like rated battlrgtounds now?

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Thneed View Post
    So at the end of MoP something has to happen. I don't feel the Alliance can just walk away and say, "Hey, Vol'jin, that was fun! But, you know, we're kinda in war and stuff. So we're gonna head out now." "Sounds good mon. See ya on the battlefield!"

That would just be bad story telling and not really make sense. If the Legion is on the way and we need to work together, wouldn't it make sense that an actual peace (not the fake peace that we started WoW with) but a real cease stabbing peace. This brings up questions like, What about PvP servers? What about BGs? Would Blizz redesign zones where Horde and Alliance are in combat? Would the Horde be welcome in Alliance cities, villages, quest-hubs, etc and vice versa? Would we merge the AH, too? Would this drive players away and lower subs even farther? Or would this be actual world change that would mean something and reinvigorate game play?

Ideas welcome!
    Oh no, for freaking god sake, just NO. The fact that we shouldn't destroy each other doesn't mean we have to become best friends. What make you belive that wouldn't be a complete and idiotic nonsense that after MoP, after a total, devasting and bloody war, these factions, composed of thousand and thousand of people, will be just "ok" in forget everything, merging themselves for become one faction, and achieve "peace" just because they had a fortunate case of "common goals" (dethrone Garrosh Hellscream) and with just the assumption that the Legion will come, said by Wrathion without even the slightest hint that this will happen in the near future? Wrathion didn't say "next expansion: Burning Legion!", he just said that, one day (obviously) the Legion will find Azeroth.

People should stop to using this as an excuse for pretend absurd cases of "sudden peace" between two factions that hate each other, more than ever; Outland, Northrend, in all these places common as much as powerful enemies were abundant, still what people has been able to realistically achieve was avoid needless bloodshed for focus on these threats, not liking and accept each other. I don't know if something near to a true peace will be seriously achieved in this game, but one thing is sure, pretending that NOW after so much conflicts and deaths and despise is absurd, Garrosh's death cannot magically wash that away.
    Last edited by Zulkhan; 2013-07-05 at 03:40 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure what I'd make of it, but I did wonder if the 'Pandaren for both sides' was a bit of an experiment, and the apparent thawing of relations between Tauren, Blood Elves and Alliance in the plot might be leading somewhere like this. I think Horde and Alliance could still exist as Red Vs Blue, but I do think the story direction does open possibilities of choosing a race and faction being totally seperate decisions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Galathir View Post
    We were close to peace before, until Garrosh started to f*ck everything up. God I hate this guy.
    No we weren't, and no matter how much Varian acts as the wise and good fighter that learned from his mistakes and bad experiences in the hard way now, he has been responsible as much as Garrosh in Wotlk for further fucking up things. At the end of Wotlk there was just a "treaty", nothing remotely near to peace.
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.

Quote Originally Posted by delus View Post
    kind of like rated battlrgtounds now?
    There's a tone of story content wrapped up in the factions being separate. Going 1-90 of being at eachothers throats then suddenly together at the next expansion would be rather jarring and strange to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by hitandruntactic View Post

A peace treaty = peace...
    Only if both sides honor it. Since Horde have no concept of honor, there will never be peace.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah because obviously "peace" and "peace treaty" are the same thins regardless the fact that the latter have an additional word that change everything. "Treaty" means "suspended hostility", not "peace" meant as an achievied long-standing harmony, which was understandble because Horde and Alliance wanted to avoid conflict, considering how much dispendious and draining the war campaign in Northrend has been, for both of them. This is mutual convenience, not peace. And a treaty cannot last long when just convenience feed it.
    Last edited by Zulkhan; 2013-07-05 at 03:57 PM.

would there be any world pvp at all at that point?
    Theres world PVP now? I must of missed it lol.

I love Horde.

i really, really want to play a human on Horde side. Really wish we could defect a toon or the factions would ally and we could play whatever we wanted on whatever faction we wanted.

because dwarves love horde races? Dwarves are among the most bloodthirsty when it comes to "killin' disgustin' horde filth" with as many reasons as humans to hate all Horde races, not just Orcs, and I salute their efforts entirely.

- - - Updated - - -

so will doing cataclysm quests for a warchief who was killed off and his power structure dismantled by a victorious Alliance.

- - - Updated - - -

It's not just a story point like who is warchief during what expansion's time line. The entire game is built around the factions having differnt quest hubs, different stories in many places, not to mention the ramifications for pvp servers if they merged the factions. What would they do, just make it free for all instead of faction based? Sounds a lot less interesting to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes please unite the horde and the alliance and form a new undead faction led by Sylvanas and Bolvar. Bring back the zombies.

10+ Year Old Account
    That would be a horrible idea. WoW would not be a warcraft game if it didn't have the conflict between the alliance and the horde.