10+ Year Old Account

Lightbulb How to introduce world PvP to the game once again? Maybe like this?

World PvP is really not in its prime time nowadays. The main problem is, that with the "lobby system" we have now in the game, players actually are not in the world outside of cities, because they have no reason to be there.

I have the idea how to solve it and how to introduce at least a little bit of world PvP to the game again. I know it is still not real world PvP as we knew it, but from my viewpoint, it can serve to the purpose, player vs. player fights in open world.

ENGLISH IS NOT MY FIRST LANGUAGE, THEREFORE SORRY FOR MISTAKES etc. . I HOPE IT WILL BE STILL UNDERSTANDABLE TEXT.

This concept takes in account, that Blizzard will be able to balance faction ratio via virtual realms and CRZ.

My solution to the problem is new permanent PvP daily hub with new faction.

[FACTION] Fighters Club Caravan faction:

New faction of nomadic fighters, who are looking for champions to support all around Azeroth.¨

Location: Fighters Club caravan (FCC) travels all around Azeroth. You can find it on different places. Every week / day (?) they are located in different world zone.

Fighters love to pitch a camp next to local graveyards. Two quest givers are available at FCC camp. FCC camp is a sanctuary, and sanctuary status is also applied to graveyard nearby. FCC is small yard with tent and a vagon and two quest givers. All quests available at FCC, are for level capped characters only.

[NPC] Lieutenant Tom Laurel < Fighters Club quartermaster >

Tom gives starting FCC daily quest, called "[QUEST] Welcome to the Club.". It is 1st quest every day until you are exalted with Fighters Club. (After you are exalted you can go straight for Christian Bail's quests.)

Accepting “Welcome to the Club.” grants player a buff called “You have my permission to die.”

--
    [BUFF] You have my permission to die.

Duration: 24 hours

Player is able to collect FCC flag ribbons and player will be resurrected at graveyard after a death.

Buff is overwritten when player gets “Fighters club agent” buff, when player uses flying mount and flies of the ground or if player gets killing blow on player 5 or more levels below his own level.
    --

The task of Welcome to the Club is to collect 3 ribbons from FCC flags located in different places in given zone.

Flags: Three flags like those in battlegrounds will be located in different places in given zone. Player has to collect ribbons tied to each of flags. Ribbons can be gathered only from flags, which are captured by player's faction. Capturing would be the same like in Arathi Basin etc. . If the flag is captured by your faction, you can collect the ribbon. Collecting will be channeled spell (duration of channeling would be something like 2, 3 seconds.).
    After collecting of three ribbons player can head back to quest giver.

Upon completion of “Welcome to the Club” you receive [ITEM] Fighters Club draft and reputation with FC. Fighters Club draft is quest item for Christopher Bail’s quest “I’ve heard about you.”.

Tom also sells reputation rewards to players who are eligible to buy them.

[NPC] Christopher Bail:

Christopher offers daily quest “[QUEST] I have heard about you!”. The quest is all about to bring FC drag to Christopher. The quest has to be completed to make quest “Show us what you got!” available.

--
    [QUEST]Show us what you got!

The task of the quest is collect 15 dog tags from other players. Dog tag is lootable only if player got killing blow on his enemy. Dog tag appears on the ground after player’s death and is collectable only for eligible player.
    --

Upon accepting “Show us what you got!” player gets buff “Fighters club agent”.

--
    [BUFF] Fighters club agent

Duration: 24 hours

Player is able to collect dog tags from players of opposing faction in given location. Player needs to get killing blow to be able to collect dog tag. Buff is canceled when player uses flying mount and flies of the ground or if player gets killing blow on player 5 or more levels below his own level.
    --

In the moment player has enough dog tags he can complete the quest. As reward player will receive Fighters Club sponosorship badge and reputation with FCC.

--
    [ITEM] Fighter club sponsorship badge

This item is main reward for participation in “Fighters club world PvP”. You can use (you use it before arena or battleground starts) it to slightly increase number of received PvP rewards: conquest points, personal arena rating points and honor points. And yes, the biggest task for developers would have be to find out right numbers. Item is destroyed when used..
    --

--
    [BUFF] Sponsored by Fighters Club

Slightly increases number of points/curency received as reward in arena, rated battlegrounds and battlegrounds.

Buff is canceled upon entering an arena or battleground.

--

You can have maximum of 10 badges at one time in your inventory. It is like this, just to prevent people from hoarding badges in the beginning of the reset, so people have to return there for badges in the case they want them during whole week, therefore the FCC zone will be more populated.

In my eyes if the amount of reward increase would be tuned well, it can be good incentive for players to participate. And in my eyes it can still be considered like "not mandatory". Players can still play arenas, bgs without Sponsorship buff and they will be able to cap in same time like now without collecting badges. But players can also have fun in this type of PvP, and only reward they will get is that they will need less time to fill their PvP cap then.

Let´s talk about badges more like compensation. If you want to play PvP you can. Do you have problem with the fact, that world PvP doesn't give you same rewards like arenas / Bgs? It can't gives you same rewards, but you will get compensation for it.

Deaths in the zone: If player dies in the zone with either "You have my permission to die." or "Fighter's Club agent" buff active, he will be resurrected instantly on the graveyard. (Battleground like mechanic)

I know, we have lot of things to think through here. But I just wanted to sketch out my idea. I hope, although my English is not great, that you guys will be able to understand the concept.

What are your thoughts? Do you thing it is viable solution for lack of world PvP in the game?
    Last edited by Deffry; 2013-07-04 at 09:56 PM.
    "Ubi sementem feceris, ita mettes."

I'll be honest, while I dislike PVP I have to say this thread was a pleasant surprise and I actually like this idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Have you seen my posts over the past few days? You should be asking yourself why I'm alive, not why I don't have friends.
    Change is inevitable, Growth is optional.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keristrasza View Post
    I'll be honest, while I dislike PVP I have to say this thread was a pleasant surprise and I actually like this idea.
    Thanks. But I should post it in PvP forum because with lots of traffic in General forum it goes on page 2 in no time.
    "Ubi sementem feceris, ita mettes."