Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

A Death Knight's veiw of classes this season.

Let me start off by saying this is coming from the point of veiw of a Death Knight. We have laughable defensives and are easily bursted down.

Warriors- Pretty much in the same boat as us DKs, great burst, shitty defense. I would say warrior's defense is slightly better than death knights because of the ability to switch to a shield and defensive stance whenever you get in a tough spot, then you let second wind keep you up until you are ready to burst.

Elemental/Enhance shaman- Borderline FOTM, INSANE burst and decent off healing is pretty hard to counter. Hex is a really good CC, as it has a much higher damage threshold than poly. Other than that I don't know much, but what I do know, is if you see one of these boogers pop their CDs, prepare your anus! (or CC them)

Resto shaman- Desperately need a buff of some kind, the only way to succeed as a healer in pvp , is to have all your heals be instant-cast. Having all those castbars is like candy to a DK, you bet your sweet ass you will never get a cast off!

- - - Updated - - -

PS3 will only let me type so much, sorry!

Hunters- DKs counter hunters really well, they get constantly slowed by chillblains which leaves them with nowhere to run. I see people complaining about hunters a ton, but im just not seeing why...

Ret Paladin- Borderline FOTM, burst unlike any class in the game, crazy off heals (I have seen back to back 100k flash of light from a ret in contenders) and on top of all that, they can kite like no other class has kited before. (honorable mention- immunity bubble.)

Mages- Not that overpowered really, as long as you don't sit in a deep freeze and let them burst you down. It's pretty easy to guess when they are about to nova so I just ams that. Survivability is alright, I would like to see a slightly longer hypothermia debuff, but that may just be me...
    Last edited by docterfreeze; 2013-07-05 at 07:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze
    Ret Paladin- Borderline FOTM, burst unlike any class in the game, crazy off heals (I have seen back to back 100k flash of light from a ret in contenders) and on top of all that, they can kite like no other class has kited before. (honorable mention- immunity bubble.)
    Sounds to me like you got a L2P issue at your hands. Have you even seen what you dks are capable of in terms of survivability and damage? Not to mention that if you're wise, you would stack necrotic strike on the pala and make those "OP" heals of yours dissappear. And those 100k heals back to back can't be on himself. Especially with contenders gear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninji
    "lets loose quik" is the only alliance pride I am aware of

10+ Year Old Account
    Hpals- These guys are in an ok spot atm, nothing crazy but nothing too underpowered... not much else to say...

Warlocks- Tough to say really, DKs are a counter to warlocks, so killing them comes easier to me than most other classes. Gateway and portal can be annoying at times, but it's not overpowered or anything. their burst can only get out of hand if you let it.

Rogues- Just a tad underpowered imo, but it really depends on how good the rogue is, I have had rogues who just could not kill me, yet others who could down me in about 7 seconds. Again, depends on the player

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a much bigger problem going toe-to-toe with rogues and hunters than any other class.

Rogues can smash you with the stunlock when you lack the runic power for IBF (luckily not a problem in the next patch,) and then keep you silenced to prevent you from healing with lichborne, or even knocking you out of that last-minute deathpact and finishing you off, all the while rooting and disarming you. You get the upper hand? They vanish and then re-open on you.

Hunters... spamming chillblains at them is fine, but its effectiveness is diminished as they can just spam concussive shot switched up with scatter shot, frost trap, pet CC, disengage web, and finally deterrence if they really feel you've gotten too close, all the while chunking you down as they stay JUST out of melee range.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Feral Druid- In an alright spot, burst can get a little crazy, but it isn't as bad as *POPS CDs* 3 seconds later *DEAD* like some other clRasEseTs. Self heals also can get a tad out of control, but once they don't have any heals left in their sleeve, you have a dead kitty on your hands.

Balance Druid- Read "Feral Druid" but replace "dead kitty" with "dead chicken"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    I have a much bigger problem going toe-to-toe with rogues and hunters than any other class.

Rogues can smash you with the stunlock when you lack the runic power for IBF (luckily not a problem in the next patch,) and then keep you silenced to prevent you from healing with lichborne, or even knocking you out of that last-minute deathpact and finishing you off, all the while rooting and disarming you. You get the upper hand? They vanish and then re-open on you.

Hunters... spamming chillblains at them is fine, but its effectiveness is diminished as they can just spam concussive shot switched up with scatter shot, frost trap, pet CC, disengage web, and finally deterrence if they really feel you've gotten too close, all the while chunking you down as they stay JUST out of melee range.
    You're doin it wrong, use conversion instead of deathpact, always stay in blood presence and all those problems dissapear

- - - Updated - - -

I saved the worst for last.

Windwalker Monk- They have it all. Burst, heals, mobility, utility... They are the perfect class/spec for every situation. Getting bursted? Touch of karma and burst back. Low on health? Paralyze, roll away, spam healing sphere and expel harm. I have nothing in my offensive arsenal to counter them.

Mistweaver Monk- You thought windwalker was bad? Well, it is... but so is MW. They have the mobility to escape any melee, the healing to survive any burst, and just when you think they are dead, they pop a huge bubble, and heal right back up.

- - - Updated - - -

Resto Druid- You may think they are underpowered... until they turn into a giant tree and become an unkillable healing machine. Tree form needs some kind of PvP nerf imo. Oh and I almost forgot: Travel form allowed in arenas? srs?

Shadow Priest- Terribly underpowered, they have no real burst and the ramp up takes far too much time. By the time they are finally ready to burst, their teamates have already died... Need a whole rework imo

- - - Updated - - -

Discipline Priest- Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you... THE FOTM! Can someone please direct me to the patchnote where it says disc priests had their castbar removed? I swear everytime I face one it seems they are pulling heals out of thin air, 50-100 in 2 seconds without a castbar to interrupt, that's totally fair. All their CC is instant too. I have yet to kill a geared disc priest.

Holy Priest- Disc without absorb bubbles

Deleted
    Discipline Priest- Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you... THE FOTM! Can someone please direct me to the patchnote where it says disc priests had their castbar removed? I swear everytime I face one it seems they are pulling heals out of thin air, 50-100 in 2 seconds without a castbar to interrupt, that's totally fair. All their CC is instant too. I have yet to kill a geared disc priest.
    If its the dk poin of view, wtf, you are the ultimate counter to them. Any chance of telling us what is your cr/mmr?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naztrak View Post
    If its the dk poin of view, wtf, you are the ultimate counter to them. Any chance of telling us what is your cr/mmr?
    Name any spell in my spellbook mr. know-it-all, and i will tell you how a disc counters it.

Deleted
    Name any spell in my spellbook mr. know-it-all, and i will tell you how a disc counters it.

Anyways- icy touch + glyph to take down shields, pet stun/asphyxiate to keep the priest under control, use desecrated ground/ibf both defensively and ofensively; along with teammate peel you can provide a big uptime on the priest- also the trinket and lichborn are both a counter to priests fear/Horror. Necrotic strike- priest has very weak heals so it gets easy absorbed once the shield gets dispeled, you can even absorb the life swap. Put a souls reaper just in time so when he hits 35% you get it proced. Mind freeze when of cd and exploit the crap out of double grip. Even if the priest doesent want to get freezed get your gargoyle out so he is forced to use shackle undead. Use chains of ice and possibaly glyph of death and decay to keep him close. Give it the intervention of your teammates and you will realize that dk is the ultimate counter to discs.

So about that cr/mmr...?

Roots are pretty much the dks weakness, but when they both dont have an uptime the dks deases are much better then the hunters pet. Try a bit of pillarhumping and the hunter will get seriously behind dps 1v1. Use that in arenas for damage control.
    Last edited by mmoc4f448e7a9a; 2013-07-05 at 09:17 AM.

Deleted
    ITT: 1550 DK complains about balance

DKs counter ret teams in arena, so no.

Deleted
    No offence, but you have no clue what you're talking about. Saying stuff like this

-"Travel form allowed in arenas? srs?"
    -"until they turn into a giant tree and become an unkillable healing machine"
    -"Windwalker Monk- They have it all. Burst, heals, mobility, utility... They are the perfect class/spec for every situation. Getting bursted? Touch of karma and burst back. Low on health?"

Just what are you saying? You're clueless and deluted, yeah that's why you see so many WW monks at +2.2k ow wait there's none.

Quote Originally Posted by Furcifer View Post
    ITT: 1550 DK complains about balance
    This pretty much sums up the whole list the OP made.
    OP, you need to learn how to play a dk properly before sharing your expertise with the rest of us lowly folk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninji
    "lets loose quik" is the only alliance pride I am aware of

Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    Warriors- Pretty much in the same boat as us DKs, great burst, shitty defense. I would say warrior's defense is slightly better than death knights because of the ability to switch to a shield and defensive stance whenever you get in a tough spot, then you let second wind keep you up until you are ready to burst.
    DKs have far better survival then Warriors. DKs sitting blood presence are basically Warriors in Def stance.

Elemental/Enhance shaman- Borderline FOTM, INSANE burst and decent off healing is pretty hard to counter. Hex is a really good CC, as it has a much higher damage threshold than poly. Other than that I don't know much, but what I do know, is if you see one of these boogers pop their CDs, prepare your anus! (or CC them)
    Yes. They both need burst nerfs, elemental needs a new mastery and echo of elements removed, enh needs more sustained damage and less burst.

Resto shaman- Desperately need a buff of some kind, the only way to succeed as a healer in pvp , is to have all your heals be instant-cast. Having all those castbars is like candy to a DK, you bet your sweet ass you will never get a cast off!
    Shamans, monks and holy paladins all need big buffs to match up to the buffs coming to discs and druids in 5.4.

Yes, their problem is FoJ is such a low CD and lines up with others CC far to well, their damage with wings is to high. Remove +bonus damage on holy avenger and lower teh CD o it.

sounds like a low rated 2s perspective but even at a that rating hes not crazily far wrong, off on some bits but hey!

Deleted
    Whoa, thought I would get flamed for elitism but everyone sorta agreed the op is bad.

its funny how everyone attributed the fact that Disc Priests are crazy good to the fact that the OP allegedly has low ratings.

This is such political BS, you should all go into politics.

Check out most top teams these days, it's Disc all around. And also much of the rest he said about other classes is actually true.

Disc Priests are amazing, but as a DK I find them the easiest to kill :P

Also, DK survivability is pretty awesome atm imo. Conversion macro ftw

Quote Originally Posted by Lyon View Post
    Disc Priests are amazing, but as a DK I find them the easiest to kill :P

Also, DK survivability is pretty awesome atm imo. Conversion macro ftw
    Honestly, the whole thing about dk's being the counter to disc priests is a little old now. My disc has MUCH more problem with ferals and warriors and even monks. As a dk, a well played disc will not die to a dk; I think people underestimate glyph of shackle vs. lichborne and garg, as well as void tendrils -> Specrtal guise -> los. Void tendrils is the most annoying thing ever; unholy doesnt do enough damage fast enough to break them so its like a guaranteed 8 second root to a class which has no root break outside of pvp trinket (desecrated ground doesnt work on roots).

Survivability is a funny word in pvp. Dks have among the best, if not the best come 5.4 esp, passive survivability. In BP my dk pushes 495k life with fort and 10% passive DR and the armor of plate with a shield. However, they have almost no burst counter survivability. Shell is a joke now; its absorbs what, like 230k or something? Rets with full cds break my shell in 2 gcds, or ele/mage teams break it so fast I wonder if I even pressed it. IBF (YAY no rp cost in 5.4) is a 20% DR with a stun immunity attachment on a 3 minute cd. Jesus thats bad.

Deleted
    I saved the worst for last.

Windwalker Monk- They have it all. Burst, heals, mobility, utility... They are the perfect class/spec for every situation. Getting bursted? Touch of karma and burst back. Low on health? Paralyze, roll away, spam healing sphere and expel harm. I have nothing in my offensive arsenal to counter them.

Mistweaver Monk- You thought windwalker was bad? Well, it is... but so is MW. They have the mobility to escape any melee, the healing to survive any burst, and just when you think they are dead, they pop a huge bubble, and heal right back up.
    You sir are a retard leave this place at once, http://arenamate.aws.af.cm/ Please explain to everyone why monks in your eyes are so overpowered when WORLDWIDE there are only 82 above 2200, the only thing monks are good at is Duels and 3s as MW, and even then if as a DK you have a problem catching one then your a failure, the only utility that makes any use against a DK is transcendence and that is only because it can be used to LoS, Torpedo or roll, you can grip them both and chains them same with tiger's lust will make 0 difference if you dispell it with Icy touch or just grip it, and the HUGE bubble 300k on a 2min CD when a KM Oblit crit can crit upwards of 250k and you can also just dispell it with icy touch, same for WW you have nothing to counter them, try saving trinket for the paralyze and grip them back? or even make sure you necrotic strike them even as frost it is well worth it, DKs have been in a shitty spot since the start of MoP with their defensives but monks have been by far the worst class since the expansion came out apart from maybe Elemental shamans at the beginning this just sounds like a HUGE L2P issue, your either trolling or are just terrible at the game 99% chance of a 1500 hero, go out and learn the game and classes before making a genius post like this.

Infracted
    Last edited by Nicola; 2013-07-05 at 05:36 PM.

Agreed, i hate disc priests as well (as a ret, unholy dk, arms warrior, and elemental shammy) because they get their free 30% reduction (focused will).

Disagreed that disc priests don't cast, your wrong they cast penance quite often, but the problem here is that interrupting penance won't do SQUAT, priests have a short lockout time and can still cast certain spells (like divine star i believe).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by thisnamesucks View Post
    Survivability is a funny word in pvp. Dks have among the best, if not the best come 5.4 esp, passive survivability. In BP my dk pushes 495k life with fort and 10% passive DR and the armor of plate with a shield. However, they have almost no burst counter survivability. Shell is a joke now; its absorbs what, like 230k or something? Rets with full cds break my shell in 2 gcds, or ele/mage teams break it so fast I wonder if I even pressed it. IBF (YAY no rp cost in 5.4) is a 20% DR with a stun immunity attachment on a 3 minute cd. Jesus thats bad.
    Yep, i find frost/blood/unholy dks to be my squishiest target as an elemental shammy, its funny to see 500k dks drop in 3 seconds... how is that balance?