Flame Shock with Legendary Meta Gem

I have looked and looked around the forums, but I have not been able to find an answer to this question. I know that on the initial pull we want to proc the LMG before we put FS up on the target, but my question is this: Is it worth the GCD to refresh FS everytime the LMG procs assuming that LvB and EB are both on CD instead of casting a LB? I haven't been able to really tell much of a difference practicing this on a dummy, and I don't really know how to sim this type of thing. Any insight from you experienced shamans would be helpful. Thanks!!!

Deleted
    I dont think so. Only time when its worth to refresh FS is if you have 9-10 stacks on Wushoolay/Lei Shen trinket. I dont have any raw numbers, but its just my feel. FS would have like 2 ticks more if you refresh it with meta-proc up and I just cant see how its beneficial.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabrage View Post
    I dont think so. Only time when its worth to refresh FS is if you have 9-10 stacks on Wushoolay/Lei Shen trinket. I dont have any raw numbers, but its just my feel. FS would have like 2 ticks more if you refresh it with meta-proc up and I just cant see how its beneficial.
    Your feels are wrong. This has already had some math thrown at it by this guy also OP's question is answered in the tl;dr
    Quote Originally Posted by Namana View Post
    So I did some testing (and math to confirm the testing) with my gear and the heroic thunderforged wushoolay's. Here's what I found:

Flame shock (initial + dot damage):
    -No procs: 127100
    -10 stack wushoolay's proc: 191749
    -Difference: 64649 (50.9% increase)

Lava burst:
    -No procs: 140861
    -10 stack wushoolay: 220343
    -Difference: 79482 (56.4% increase)

7 stack fulmination (fulmination + earth shock damage)
    -No procs: 110696
    -10 stack wushoolay: 172351
    -Difference: 61655 (55.7% increase)

This would suggest that a lava burst gives me the biggest gain at 10 stack wushoolay's given no other procs. In a more general sense however, if you have the legendary meta gem, it is better to apply FS when the meta gem proc is up. Doing so will add 3-4 ticks, and in addition to increasing the total damage of the spell by a good amount (~20-25%), it also gives you that many more chances for a lava surge proc. In the long run, this will give you more damage.

The short version: No, reapply FS based on when it's about to fall off and ideally when the meta gem is up. It's a nice bonus if that happens while wushoolay's is up too, but don't prioritize that.
    in this thread http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...lameshock-Wush

Thanks for your feedbacks. The link to the other thread was very helpful