Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acepox View Post
    No duh! Only, but almost all of, forsaken-type left the Scourge. Ghouls, geists, skeletons and other shits are still in there.

Well, either it is an Easter egg suggesting that Chris Metzen is Hindu(jk, do you get it?) or Blizzard was to lazy to make blighted-cow-corpses, because it is the same New Plague which turned the Forces at the Wrath Gate into piles of goo.

*note*: This has nothing to do with the Argent Crusade anymore, I hope moderators won't see it. xD
    And this is somehow your evidence that Blight isn't just as harmful to Forsaken? It was designed to kill even less biologically active undead (like skeletons) and fully biologically active things (living). How could it possibly have a weaker effect on Forsaken?

EDIT: Might I also remind you that the Forsaken tried to make Blight turn things into undead so they could reproduce. They could never get it to work, so they settled on what it is now: a killing weapon that doesn't infect with undeath (aka corruption).
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2013-07-09 at 03:52 AM.

Well, you've gotta ask Blizzard. Cause I don't know. I make arguments out of what they give me, I cannot explain what they do, though. Maybe the Forsaken introduced a healing agent sample taken from their original experimentations intended to cure them in order to reduce counter-effects.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, you've gotta ask Blizzard. Cause I don't know. I make arguments out of what they give me, I cannot explain what they do, though. Maybe the Forsaken introduced a healing agent sample taken from their original experimentations intended to cure them in order to reduce counter-effects.
    Seems to me you are just plain making shit up. If you were basing this on anything in game I'd like to see your example of the blight curing forsaken. I'd also like to see you explain why the Forsaken wear gas masks while handling it if it's not dangerous to them.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    <snip>
    I'm going to stop this debate now.
    If you wish to ignore what is in-game and assert your opinion as fact and dismiss what is seen in the game there is nothing more to argue. You're arguments at this point are beyond me simply because you are outright ignoring what is in-game and also presenting some of the most false arguments I've see about the Plague that do not reflect what is in-game.

Good day.
    Last edited by Scummer; 2013-07-09 at 07:27 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    Not so sure about that. The missions in WC3 would indicate that death is almost instant upon contracting the plague where missions would show villagers going back into their houses and immediately emerging as a zombies.
    IIRC, WC3 missions they didn't just come into contact with the Plague. It was in the grain that they had previously eaten.

Death is not instant or there wouldn't be a threat of infected people spreading it. The Scarlet Cusade "believe that any and all outsiders are potential carriers of the undead plague - and must be destroyed." Hence, the whole quarantine thing.

Remember, Arthas murdered the people of Stratholme after their infection but before they died and became undead. "Oh, no. We're too late. These people have all been infected! They may look fine now, but it's just a matter of time before they turn into the undead!" There is a clear incubation period. Those contracting the Plague typically die within three days. During the WC3 mission Ravages of the Plague, Jaina is sent to investigate the Plague by Antonidas. 3 days later, they encounter Scourge.

Also, in Hearthglen, Arthas was able to track down a shipment of infected grain and kill those infected before they could spread the disease to the entire town.

Doing a slower and more subversive infection with an incubation period allowed the Plague to spread further before being detected. The Scourge initially had very limited numbers in Lordaeron. If Kel'thuzad had just dropped bombs, it would have been super obvious as to what was going on and he would have been shut down after the first town.
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2013-07-09 at 08:10 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Doing a slower and more subversive infection with an incubation period allowed the Plague to spread further before being detected. The Scourge initially had very limited numbers in Lordaeron. If Kel'thuzad had just dropped bombs, it would have been super obvious as to what was going on and he would have been shut down after the first town.
    I don't think it was anywhere near as slow though. The mission name escapes me but it's the one where you defend yourself vs waves of scourge. Upon arrival villagers have only just received their grain and immediately begin turning into zombies.
    I believe it's wide spread effect wasn't due to some incubation period and was simply down to how devious the plague distribution plan worked with the grain.

What we've seen in WC3 would indicates seconds to minutes of infection to death. I'm not sure where the source for "three days" comes from off wowpedia.

Zulkhan, wrong. The Forsaken aren't affected by the New Plague as much as the Living. The area won't be habitable by living species for Hundreds of years, as for the Forsaken, only a dozen will suffice.
    Also, look that green tree, and then at those in the background. The first seems much less healthy, and even looks like it has taken the Blight's color. There is no living grass inside of Southshore and not a single plant lives in the nearby farm.

Don't tell me anymore that the tree in the fuckin' blightpool is healthy. It is clearly corrupted.
    Do you know how the forsaken tested their blight, if they had no scourge available? On themselves, there is a nice scene of that in Arthas Rise of the Lich King. They are not immune, the blight is a biological weapon to kill, not to infect and spread.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think it was anywhere near as slow though. The mission name escapes me but it's the one where you defend yourself vs waves of scourge. Upon arrival villagers have only just received their grain and immediately begin turning into zombies.
    I believe it's wide spread effect wasn't due to some incubation period and was simply down to how devious the plague distribution plan worked with the grain.

What we've seen in WC3 would indicates seconds to minutes of infection to death. I'm not sure where the source for "three days" comes from off wowpedia.
    The books. It was known disease swept through Northern Lordaeron, which is why Arthas and Jaina were send to investigate what happened there. If the plague had turned the people instantly it could not have spread as effectively as it had, it's main focus was to spread, not to kill on the spot. We don't know how long Arthas trailed the shipments to Hearthglen, all we hear is the Guard saying that it has already been distributed, we don't know when.

Now let us look at the forsaken blight, it is true it has many similar effects like the plague, but is fundamentally different by design. The plague was meant to spread and infect, the blight was designed to kill. The fallout in the area of the plague is far worse than that of blight, look at the plaguelands they are entirely transformed, while those areas directly hit by the blight are dead and they are not undead, they are not transformed, just dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zalinea View Post
    They tried to have him executed. He was rescued by Thrall and his new Horde because he showed honor to Etrigg.
    That's the reason why the Alliance should fight to dismantle the Argent Crusade and get it over with Tirion.

With the return of Turalyon as the leader of the Order of the Knights of the Silver Hand and the appearance of Queen Calia as the creator of the Scarlet Dawn, organization for the restoration of the Kingdom of Lordaeron, the Argent Crusade has no place.

Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    That's the reason why the Alliance should fight to dismantle the Argent Crusade and get it over with Tirion.

With the return of Turalyon as the leader of the Order of the Knights of the Silver Hand and the appearance of Queen Calia as the creator of the Scarlet Dawn, organization for the restoration of the Kingdom of Lordaeron, the Argent Crusade has no place.
    Another human civil war,interesting, though that might actually drive the crusade into the horde you know?

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)

That's a wonderfull idea !!! More dead humans, more corpses !!! A shining example of alliance tactical cunning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Another human civil war,interesting, though that might actually drive the crusade into the horde you know?
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    That's a wonderfull idea !!! More dead humans, more corpses !!! A shining example of alliance tactical cunning.
    The problem is that the Argent Crusade is too heterogeneous, ie, what are their goals?

Inside the Argent Crusade sure that there are many people who consider Tirion a egomaniac who does not act against the Forsaken advance ... In fact most of the members of the Argent Crusade surely hoped to return the Kingdom of Lordaeron to its former glory, but that hope is diluted as time passes ...

In any case, the appearance of the legitimate heir to the throne of Lordaeron would cause the disappearance of the Argent Crusade, and the formation of another group more radical, loyal to the crown: the Scarlet Dawn. And, on the other hand, the return of Turalyon can revitalize the Order of the Silver Hand, absorbing former members of the Argent Crusade.

The problem is that the Argent Crusade is too heterogeneous, ie, what are their goals?

Inside the Argent Crusade sure that there are many people who consider Tirion a egomaniac who does not act against the Forsaken advance ... In fact most of the members of the Argent Crusade surely hoped to return the Kingdom of Lordaeron to its former glory, but that hope is diluted as time passes ...

In any case, the appearance of the legitimate heir to the throne of Lordaeron would cause the disappearance of the Argent Crusade, and the formation of another group more radical, loyal to the crown: the Scarlet Dawn. And, on the other hand, the return of Turalyon can revitalize the Order of the Silver Hand, absorbing former members of the Argent Crusade.
    Tirion is one of Azeroth's biggest heroes, sure Calia would get some following but I don't think people would soon forget all that Tirion has done, including defeating the Lich King, while Calia's been who knows where.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well tirion while a little pretensional at least gets shit done, and is real person. "queen" calia doesnt even exist so its hard for her to be better than him in anything.

10+ Year Old Account

There were widespread reports that people were getting sick with plague across Lordaeron, but there was never any indication of people being risen as undead. They didn't even know it was magical in nature. It took them several days to find the first indications of undead. If it was as fast as you say, they would have known about the undead when they received word of the plague.

EDIT: It also takes several days to get from town to town. Wouldn't do much good if the people transporting the grain turned into undead before they could make their delivery.
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2013-07-09 at 07:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    Tirion is one of Azeroth's biggest heroes, sure Calia would get some following but I don't think people would soon forget all that Tirion has done, including defeating the Lich King, while Calia's been who knows where.
    Yes it is true, but inevitably Tirion Fordring and his Argent Crusade will clash against the Forsaken of Sylvanas sooner or later... and Tirion is too old ... and Sylvanas too clever ...so...

Goodbye Tirion! Goodbye Argent Crusade!

On the other hand I hope the Queen Calia appears one day so he can get to be a symbol for the exiles of Lordaeron ... one can dream ...

Well tirion while a little pretensional at least gets shit done, and is real person. "queen" calia doesnt even exist so its hard for her to be better than him in anything.
    For the love of God! It possible that she has not done anything... yet, but the Queen Calia is also real! after all, I dream every night with her ...

For the love of God! It possible that she has not done anything... yet, but the Queen Calia is also real! after all, I dream every night with her ...
    You sliped right there you wanker.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    You sliped right there you wanker.
    She seems to be considerably sluty for a queen too.....

10+ Year Old Account
    They should try harder to find a cure for undeath.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    They should try harder to find a cure for undeath.
    Why should you cure something that isnt a problem ? Hell, undeath is in many cases adventage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why should you cure something that isnt a problem ? Hell, undeath is in many cases adventage.
    The living see it as a problem, until they try it.