Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    you can get hacked with auth though, a friend of mine got hacked 3 times in one day using an authenticator :/

Quote Originally Posted by Harmzuay View Post
    You know you can still get hacked even with an authenticator, right?
    Pray tell me what are the chances of that happening.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Shame they didn't just quit. The more hardcore guilds leave the less they whine about the game being improved for casuals. The game can get by just fine without any of them.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by destia View Post
    Pray tell me what are the chances of that happening.
    Who the hell knows, I'm just saying it happens. Having an authenticator doesn't automatically mean you can't be hacked.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PaladinBash View Post
    Shame they didn't just quit. The more hardcore guilds leave the less they whine about the game being improved for casuals. The game can get by just fine without any of them.
    and theres the ppl like you that bash those who do not agree/or see the game the same way you do.... The topic of this thread is whats going on with method not: Lets bash method!

I believe it might be a hack thingy, when they changed server they announced it

/agree + 1

Quote Originally Posted by Myneo View Post
    you can get hacked with auth though, a friend of mine got hacked 3 times in one day using an authenticator :/
    No, he got keylogged 3 times by the same keylogger designed to bypass authenticators. There's a difference. He probably downloaded an .exe that was labelled as an addon because these type of keyloggers are only found on blizzard-related sites for the most part.

I don't think people in Method are stupid enough to get keylogged, let alone get keylogged, leave it on your comp, have it happen again, and STILL leave it on your comp until it happens a 3rd time.
    Last edited by tyrindor; 2013-07-05 at 11:16 AM.

Being in a hardcore worldfirst raid does not make you an automatic elitist. I am a strong proponent for LFR and casal content but you have really gone too far and you are not helping your case by calling out people who you don't know anything about. Unreasonability can not be defeated by being unreasonable.

10+ Year Old Account
    EU stream i was watching before said officer got hacked, kicked people cleared out gbank, dunno if true or not.
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

I have never seen them or Blood Legion moan about catering to casuals. In fact both guilds had high praise for the Heroic ToT fights especially Lei Shen.

The thing is these top guilds after they've mastered the new tiers can run 3 seperate 3hr raids with mains and Alts and they are done for the week. How many so called casual guilds or even other say top 200 guilds are racking up more time than them on a weekly basis?

As for the mass departures I hope it is a hack or a transfer and not a massive drama.
    "The further a society drifts from the truth the more it will hate those who speak it" - George Orwell

The REAL hardcore guilds don't whine about the game being improved for casuals. It's the wannabe hardcore guilds that continually cry about it. I hope that Method doesn't break up; while I don't follow the world first race as it doesn't matter to me, those guys seem to genuinely want the community to improve and offer advice (some of them at least although Manaflask has been outdated for a while now). We need more hardcore guilds like that, and less like some of the more vehement posters here in midcore guilds that complain about scrubs and LFR destroying the game.

Deleted
    --SNIP--

Don't post memes. They're forbidden here
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-07-05 at 02:09 PM.

Deleted
    Pretty much - people on the bleeding edge don't care what the guys under them get up to for the most part until it starts to impact the quality of their recruits. It's the guys with a few heroics down that need to feel secure by bullying other players.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Myneo View Post
    There is only one way someone that uses and authenticator can get hacked and that is through a middle man attack. Someone basically redirects all the data you punch in to another computer to a login screen in another location. After a successful login the middle man returns an error which will make it look like you cannot login due to a bad connection even though the login was correct.

Getting brute forced hacked or keylogged will not make the slightest difference if you have an authenticator. 128bit AES encryption would take the fastest supercomputer I the world decades to break hence why it is also used in the military.

10+ Year Old Account
    Someone was hacked an removed people from guild thats all
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

Quote Originally Posted by Vexxie View Post
    There is only one way someone that uses and authenticator can get hacked and that is through a middle man attack. Someone basically redirects all the data you punch in to another computer to a login screen in another location. After a successful login the middle man returns an error which will make it look like you cannot login due to a bad connection even though the login was correct.
    No, it's not. One of our RLs got hacked by them forging some papers and simply getting the authenticator removed.

Quote Originally Posted by EUSien View Post
    --SNIP--

Don't post memes. They're forbidden here
    Hahaha never gets old, should be world first no? 25 at least.
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-07-05 at 02:09 PM.

Deleted
    Overreaction much. Hold your panties tight, they just got hacked.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    No, it's not. One of our RLs got hacked by them forging some papers and simply getting theauthenticator removed.
    Happened to me. I have a mobile authenticator which someone removed by using sms protect which was not activated on my account (pretending to be me to remove authenticator from account).

Quote Originally Posted by Kazlofski View Post
    Hahaha never gets old, should be world first no? 25 at least.
    I think the concept of that entire meme is that the guy is percieved as an idiot, and so wouldn't understand that Method is from Europe. No offense to him, that's just what I have gathered after seeing that picture a few times.