Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Most difficult game you've ever played?

A game that really tests your full limits as a gamer, and hopefully a good one, and through good design.

If anyone ever played Catherine on max difficulty........that's my opinion.
    "The Naxxramas Warrior. Eternal slayer of the Orcs."

Herald of the Titans OnlineSamantha's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well I played Dark Souls on computer. That was pretty hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpresident View Post
    My words exactly. Manufacturing in the US is considerably more expensive than elsewhere, and part of that are savage regulations such as environment protection or minimum wages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    Saying that Wilson is a racist murderer is the same level of conspiracy as saying Sandy Hook didn't happen and the parents are in on it.
    I don't post that often, and when I do it's often in bursts. I always lurk though.

Maybe Donkey Kong on my Gameboy coulor, or some mario game back then. The terrible memeories off jumping to platforms/obstacels that are fucking hard...stupid controles.

Diablo3 first month, was very hard-core like but fun.

RTS games when I play online like AOE2/Warcraft III

Multiplayer game goes to wow. What does it matter if one wasen't part off 0.1%? Be it world ranked 500, 1000 or 3000, hard-mode raiding is hard.

edit: few corrections.
    Last edited by Djuntas; 2013-07-05 at 03:20 PM.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

10+ Year Old Account
    Skyrim with the Requiem mod. No joke.

Deleted
    Dragon Age on hardest difficulty. Spending 40 mins in pause/sequence mode for ever encounter.

Skyrim with the hardcore survival mods. That's fun as hell though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Super Hexagon. Or Robocop 3 on the SNES.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

Probably I wanna be the on Boshy on hard and up - That took me over a year to complete with stopping and going back, I honestly just have fun with most other games regardless of their intended difficulty (E.g. Super Hexagon was hard but I enjoyed every second of it, Boshy REALLY tried my patience and took WAYYY longer to beat (last boss itself took me over 4000 deaths)).

QWOP
    it's hard.

Starcraft II: Heart of the Swarm.
    No contest, there.

Well; maybe Broodwar. Broodwar was pretty hard, but it's so long ago that I've played it.

Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Starcraft II: Heart of the Swarm.
    No contest, there.

Well; maybe Broodwar. Broodwar was pretty hard, but it's so long ago that I've played it.
    Actually yeah SC2 multiplayer is probably the hardest thing to master, but i stick with my original statement about single player games.

I really enjoyed the 'test' of Geometry Wars 2, and attaining the 'Smile' achievement.

It's a game that requires total concentration -literally if you let your self lapse into autopilot for a few seconds the achievement is over. It was nice to find a game with a simple premise that offered a challenge and one based on acute concentration.

Otherwise I'd have to say the 'hardest' game I've played... hair-pulling frustration... would be Ninja Gaiden 2 on the PS3. That game was pretty much relentless at the highest difficulties in it's challenge and unforgiving.

Some of the (solo) 'Spec Ops' in Modern Warfare 3 (Xbox 360, PS3) were incredibly challenging to pull off by your self (much easier with a buddy in two player), but like Geometry Wars 2 provided that 'acute' challenge where your skill, cool, and concentration were what saved you.

EDIT: Left 4 Dead (STEAM) @ Reality difficulty... needs a lot of concentration from all four players, was a blast back in the day !!

10+ Year Old Account
    Pong or any other atari game at the time! no difficulty just you kept going or died, Games got faster and harder the longer you go!!

Deleted
    Going rather far back: Inquisition on hard, just brutally difficult and unforgiving to the point of unfair/unbeatable. But I did beat it after two years...

In more recent times: Metal Gear Solid 4 guns of the patriots on big boss mode and trying not to get detected throughout the game and also not kill anybody. The first hour or so you pretty much have to do everything perfect not to be detected. After that you get the tranq. gun and it goes down to the point of only being extremely hard

Single player: Shatterhand - NES. No game ever made me want to throw my controller through the TV as much as that one.

Multiplayer: Starcraft - PC. This game takes a ridiculous amount of skill. How a joke like LoL is a more successful tournament game is beyond me.

starcraft 2 (multiplayer ofc)
    Broodwar was way way harder but I feel that was more due to some stuff that don't make sense (can't select buildings in groups worker rallies and poor ai) which did make it amazing to watch but horrible to play.

Edit: if anyone says wow and wasn't in a top 10 guild in the world I call bs
    Last edited by zera; 2013-07-05 at 12:22 PM.

Single player: God of War Ascension on Titan difficulty was pretty tough

Multiplayer: Torn between StarCraft and WoW

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably a tie between Super Ghost and Ghouls or DKC2.

Call of Duty 4 on Veteran. The Ferris Wheel level where you're with McMillan and have to hold off the enemies until the helicopter pick up comes was absolute hell.