Page 1 of 3
LastLast

5.4 & 5.3 Return of the class Quests ?

So with 5.3 we say the return of the class quests with the warlock green fire quest.

So my question is with 5.4 coming out and the speculation around the warrior quest from saurfang and the new changes in northrend something could be cooking up for warriors.

Now the storm crow form for druids could be an amazing quest tied in with healing the isle of thunder with cenarion circle members.

I would love to see the shamans gets a quest involving the darkshaman boss in Siege and calming the elements there that have been upset.

So we still need
    Paladin -
    Rogue-
    Mage-
    Priest-
    Deathnight-
    Monk-
    Hunter-

If you guys can think up stories for your own classes and I will choose the best to put in beside the class list above

10+ Year Old Account
    Green flames questline was added in 5.2

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll have a shot at this.

Paladin
    Seeing the different interpretations of belief in The Light (read: Tauren Sunwalkers, the new Blood Knights), A'dal calls for holy warriors from across Azeroth and beyond that still stand against the darkness to strengthen their resolve against the uncoming Legion's return. Starting in Shattrath, this leads the Paladin in a trip to Eastern Western Plaguelands to talk to Tirion and the Ghost of Uther, uncover a nasty plot regarding remnants of the Cult of the Damned, leading to a single-player scenario conclusion in the Forge of Souls.

Reward: 3 differently themed/colored "dangling tomes" that rest on the hip by a chain. Could be a belt transmog.

Rogue
    With Ravenhold's loss of their leader after Wrathion made sure he was the last remaining Black Dragon, this brotherhood of assassins is looking for a new figurehead. Garona, no longer willing to affiliate herself with the brotherhood (she has gone.. rogue.. if you will), recruits you, a rogue of some reknown (but not too much!) to pry away intel from the eliigible candidates. This involves sneaking into the private homes of spymasters around the globe, dodging traps and such, and finding out that quite a few of them are actually influenced by demons, without their knowledge. Both Horde and Alliance's questlines end in an adrenalin-pumping rooftop chase where you have to escape the city, Horde in Stormwind and Alliance in Silvermoon.

Reward: A self-buff item that increases jumping abilities, and allows you to stick to walls while stealthed. Doesn't work while in combat.

Mage
    The New Council of Tirisfal makes a return here, enrolling you as a formidable mage without official ties to the Kirin Tor or the Sunreavers in their midst to act as their representative, sending you to Dalaran or Silvermoon to deal with the re-emergence of demons in both locations, even in well-warded areas or when using simple spells that should not cause this. Using knowledge from the Council, you must deal with these rifts while at the same time trying to keep both your actions, presence, and the fact that demons are re-emerging from magic use hidden from the eye of the common public.

Reward: A race-specific mage-only pet, <Familiar>. This pet interacts with the player model, like sitting on their shoulder, or reading along with their mail / map.

Priest
    With the threat of the Burning Legion's return, A'dal also calls Priests to Shattrath. Setting the knowledge gained in Pandaria to the test, the concept of balance is applied in a series of challenges that test the wielder's powers of both light and shadow in harmonious unison. Eventually, priests find themselves in an abandoned Scholomance, where they uncover the final fate of Lillian Voss. The concept of mercy is tested when Lillian Voss asks the priest to end her life, but not before teaching the priest to wield shadow to do good (since light can already be wielded to cause harm).

Reward: The option for the priests' healing abilities to look shadowy.

Deathknight
    Highlord Darion Morgraine calls his champions to his side to help him find a cause worthy to chase after for the Knights of the Ebon Blade now that the Lich King is defeated. Doing research in the nature of the Undead Plague, Deathknights verify the idea that the plague of undeath was originally demonic in origin. They're tasked with going to the very first time and place where the plague of undeath was tested on Azeroth. A single-player scenario in the Well of Eternity ends with a one-on-one battle with a Dreadlord of the past who, for the first time in Azerothian history, tested raising the dead. While victorious, the Death Knights are reminded by a heckling defeated Dreadlord that demons like him do not truly die, and that the present will not be changed to reflect this change in the past. Returning to the present, the Ebon Blade's new role in the universe is clear; Find and truly defeat the dreadlord responsibile for the "inventon of undeath".

Reward: Toggle ability to switch to Mounted Combat on their Archerus steed. Lowers speed to running speed. Can only be used outside.

Monk
    Now that the Monkey King, thanks to the Alliance, has been freed from his prison of jade, the secrets of Sha-purging Masks are once again available at their full potency. As a final trial on the Peak of Serenity, maximum level monks are tasked to walk the Path of the Last Emperor, visiting the Four Celestials and climbinging Mount Neverest to purge themselves of their negative emotions, defeating their inner Sha's along the way. Near the end, they meet the spirit of Shaohao, reminding them to refrain from performing a full purge but instead live with acceptance of your lesser qualities, lest you lose your sense of self and become a being of pure light like he, who no longer is part of the mortal world. You, a promising monk, still has a mortal role to fulfill.

Reward: "Classic" Brewmaster transmog hat/robe/barrel weapon, much like Chen.

Hunter
    In the past (read: Classic WoW), hunters were tasked with seeking out and defeating Demons that hid themselves as pleasant, 'normal' mortals in plain sight in the great outdoors. Using their demon tracking, hunters are now tasked to do the same... but this time, amongst nobility and high-ranking citizens of their respective society. Hunters are tasked with defeating powerful demons after seeking them out using their skills, flares, tracks only they can spot, and other such methods. Using an empowered form of Camouflage, this includes sneaking into Thunderbluff for the Alliance, and the Exodar for the Horde.

Reward: A cosmetic effect that can be switched on/off, where the hunter's helmet is replaced with a Ranger-like hood.
    Last edited by Chonar; 2013-07-09 at 03:02 PM.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post

snip
    These are all really, really good. I especially like the rewards, except the Rogue one. It sounds more like gameplay and less like aesthetics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by laughtrey View Post
    These are all really, really good. I especially like the rewards, except the Rogue one. It sounds more like gameplay and less like aesthetics.
    Edited the reward to make it more vanity and fun, and less gameplay affecting. You gotta admit an ambush from the ceiling is neat.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

10+ Year Old Account
    I saw great warrior quest idea that rewand you with Blademaster Banner ( It could be weird for alliance, but since this game is mostly 99% horde matters it isn't important ) That include some great roleplay and takes place in events from the past: Drinking Deamon Blood as Grom(h), Defend Shattrath as Draenei Warrior (A) and most important duel under Blackrock Spire: Lothar (A) vs Doomhammer (H). Could be really Epic.

Rogues had their own legendary quest line in 4.3, put them at the end of the list for a new one. And then put warlock behind rogue since they just got one too.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am skeptical that they'd ever do this. Don't get me wrong -- it would be awesome if they did -- but I wouldn't count on it. Class quests take a lot of resources to do something that only pertains to a small portion of the players already. If they are really challenging on top of that, even fewer players can complete them. So, as much as I'd love to think every class will get some kind of equivilent "green fire" chain, I think it's really, really unlikely.

Anyway! Not trying to rain on the parade, so that's enough of the whining from me... I'm interested to see people's ideas. I think this is a cool thread topic.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Felarion View Post
    I saw great warrior quest idea that rewand you with Blademaster Banner ( It could be weird for alliance, but since this game is mostly 99% horde matters it isn't important ) That include some great roleplay and takes place in events from the past: Drinking Deamon Blood as Grom(h), Defend Shattrath as Draenei Warrior (A) and most important duel under Blackrock Spire: Lothar (A) vs Doomhammer (H). Could be really Epic.
    Drink Demon Blood? Not sure if serious.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

I dont want class quests, I want what the monk class has. A hub you can go to where you get a daily quest that you have to use a rarely used ability to solve a fight/quest and you get a 20% exp buff for an hour that stacks and every 10 levels you get a gear upgrade.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rogues kind of already have a class quest which rewards the Survivor's Bag of Coins, almost no one in the game seems to realize it exists though lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    Rogues had their own legendary quest line in 4.3, put them at the end of the list for a new one. And then put warlock behind rogue since they just got one too.
    And then there were the mount quests for warlocks and paladins.
    The totem quests for starting shaman.
    The entire DK starting experience.

I'd say mages, priests, and hunters are due.

Edited the reward to make it more vanity and fun, and less gameplay affecting. You gotta admit an ambush from the ceiling is neat.
    Like all of your ideas and reward ideas though I think instead of paladin getting to choose one of three librams they should get the option to speak to their trainer to change it's palette,like green fire.

That being said I think all original classes should get priority for these class quests over death knight and monk. I'd rather see a priority list like this:
    Shaman> priest > Warrior> Hunter > mage > paladin> druid > death knight > monk > rogue > warlock. Shaman at the top due to the class having fun/useful abilities (sentry totem, water breathing, farsight) nerfed or removed altogether along with our supposededly "fun" minor glyph selection just being terribly sad
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 4527-7566-5852. PM if you add me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I dont want class quests, I want what the monk class has. A hub you can go to where you get a daily quest that you have to use a rarely used ability to solve a fight/quest and you get a 20% exp buff for an hour that stacks and every 10 levels you get a gear upgrade.
    I've been thinking they'd do this for awhile.

Warriors could have Arcatraz

Warlocks they're green fire quest zone

rogues Ravenholdt manor

Shaman either an elemental nexus or the meeting place for shammies in Nagrand.

Druids Moonglade

DK get Archerus

Hunters i unno...Maybe hang out with Nessingwary the god(actually blizz should TOTALLY make him an old god..that or a titan bent on ending all things fleshy) of mass killing and extinction.

Paladins could say have Shat or a special version of Uthers Tomb.

Mages could get a special version of Isle of Quel Danas/Dalaran if you want to get faction specific..But isle should be even semi neutral if i'm not mistaken.

Monks have one already LOL...

Priests can have shat actually that or another super holy place LOL.

Deleted
    Not so sure about quests (for my class), but I kinda wish DK's hub was a little more 'heroic'.

The only reason we ever get there is to runeforge, and that's not very often. So yeah... it kinda sucks.

I feel more heroic than ever when playing on my monk. Look at that beautiful and useful hub.

I must have missed it, but what changes are coming to Northrend?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rynin View Post
    I must have missed it, but what changes are coming to Northrend?
    There was a Death Knighty camp added to Zul'Drak.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xiphan View Post
    There was a Death Knighty camp added to Zul'Drak.
    Wasn't there always one there?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Wasn't there always one there?
    No, there's a screenshot showing the same place on live beneath the screenshots from the PTR. You might be thinking of Ebon Watch, but this camp's over toward Kol'ramas.

It might be linked to The Armasters quest.

snip
    Excellent ideas.

What quest and rewards ideas can be used for the classes not mentioned yet? Warriors, Druids, and Shamans?

I could maybe imagine Druid rewards would be changing the look of their shapeshifted forms, or have them resemble more like Malfurion. The others could use some help.