Is anyone freaked out about tomorrow night.

I woke up the last two nights in a row screaming because I keep having nightmares about the Weidman / Silva fight. Is anyone really stressed out about this?

Deleted
    No. Silva is a god in that cage, and no mere mortal will beat him.

Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    No. Silva is a god in that cage, and no mere mortal will beat him.
    I'm not so sure about that, he's fighting a faster, more fit Chael Sonnen who has striking and BJ skills, not to mention actual KO power. Weidman finishes most of his fights, whereas Chael goes to decision 9:10 times.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by achromatickang View Post
    I'm not so sure about that, he's fighting a faster, more fit Chael Sonnen who has striking and BJ skills, not to mention actual KO power. Weidman finishes most of his fights, whereas Chael goes to decision 9:10 times.
    It is going to be interesting, but I just don't think losing is an option for Silva. There is no reach advatage, and if Weidman takes it to ground it might be very good for him. But we are talking about Anderson Silva here, the man has an aura that no one else in the UFC has. He is the greatest fighter in the history of the sport imo.

Gsp says : http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=bMHcGf0PqjE

10+ Year Old Account
    lurking in the bushes outside of your window.
    you wake up screaming about a MMA fight... I remember waking in a cold sweat over college basketball games several years ago, nothing like being really wrapped up in a hobby

I don't really watch, so I got nothing. Hope your guy kicks the DOGSHIT out of the other guy. RAWR!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by achromatickang View Post
    I woke up the last two nights in a row screaming because I keep having nightmares about the Weidman / Silva fight. Is anyone really stressed out about this?
    You probably should stop to bet with Money if you get Nightmares from it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think if the fight goes 5 rounds, Weidman wins. If Weidman gets in trouble early round 1 or 2, Silva is going to finish it. With that being said, Weidman doesn't deserve this fight. He has only fought in the UFC maybe 4 or 5 times. He has won every fight but the only good fighter he fought was his last match against Munoz and he barley beat Damian Maia who isn't all that great anymore.

I think Weidman will win this fight and Anderson Silva will get an immediate rematch.

I would rather see a rematch against Belfort now that he has all those roids in him.

EDIT:
    After commenting, this came across my twitter from Belfort. I want to see Anderson destroy him.

"It's incredible how it seems as though Silva is the one picking his opponents. Think about this: Cain got knocked out in a devastating loss to Cigano, and after one fight he gets another title shot. Then after being massacred by Velasquez for 5 rounds, now Cigano gets another chance for the title. In order for a rematch to take place, the champion must accept a challenge. Both Cigano and Velasquez accepted. But I, on the other hand, crushed all the contenders that were put in front of me, and it seems that I have earned nothing, not even the respect I deserve for all I have done for the sport. My spot is the highest of any division contender in the UFC, and it is only logical and fair for me to be given a shot at the title. Why is it that I don't have a title shot? Just because one time, Anderson happened to land a kick?! I can assure you that given a second chance, that would never happen again. I have proven myself over and over. It seems that Anderson wants to go on and do super fights or whatever. How can he think of doing a super fight right now when he has a contender of my caliber waiting to compete for the belt. I have no problem with super fights, as long as they don’t tie up the belt from other great contenders who deserve a chance to accomplish the greatest moments of their career. Nobody should be able to strip me of the dreams that God gave me and that I have worked so hard to achieve! It doesn't matter who is the champion or how many title defenses they have, they should fight who is the number 1 contender in the sport, and that person is me! I really can’t understand any reason why Anderson would refuse to fight me, unless he was scared that the result would be different this time. Mind you, I have no personal beef against Anderson or any other fighter. I'm just talking about every fighter's dream to win the belt - to fight for the world championship! That's what this business is all about. If Chris Weidman can get a title shot just by defeating Munoz, imagine how much I deserve this after devastating everyone they put in front of me, not to mention all that I have contributed to the history of the sport. I deserve more respect for what I have done, am still doing, and am about to do. Come on - they even say that it makes more sense for Silva to fight Hendo??? What a joke! I trust that if Anderson keeps the belt on Saturday night or if Chris Weidman wins, they will accept the challenge to fight me next, because I earned the spot. Dana White, MAKE IT HAPPEN! "

Source http://twitpl.us/t/wkX
    Last edited by Stevecow; 2013-07-05 at 09:20 PM.

the best striker weidman has fought is tom lawlor. he will be lucky to make it out of the first.

lol, I predicted this win over 6 months ago when my friends were like "Chris Weidman? Who is that?"

10+ Year Old Account
    lurking in the bushes outside of your window.
    weidman looked real legit, silva looked like a damn joke. dude is a tad older than i thought he was.

10+ Year Old Account
    I went to college with Weidman, glad to see him win.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    And the Silva fan boys from earlier in the thread are no where to be found.