Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Rupture for Ferals. Thoughts? (DOTA Based)

    In DOTA there is a hero called Bloodseeker and his ultimate is called Rupture.

    Causes an enemy unit's skin to rupture, dealing massive damage. If the unit moves while under the effect of Rupture, it takes a percentage of the distance traveled as damage.

    Range: 1000
    Duration: 7/8/9
    Initial damage: 150/250/350
    Distance moved damage: 20%/40%/60%

    I was just thinking that since Ferals are all about bleeds that rupture would suit them well but since the DOTA style wouldn't work, a changed version would suit them.

    Something like this:

    Rupture
    Cooldown: 2 minutes
    Rend your targets flesh causing them to bleed for 60, 000 damage over 10 seconds and applying Gushing Wounds.

    Gushing Wounds:
    Damaged for 0.8% of your max hp every 0.1 seconds while in motion. Lasts 10 seconds. Physical.

    Equals out to 80% of your max hp if you continue to move the whole time.
    I think it would be an interesting mechanic that hasnt been seen before

  2. #2
    Interesting mechanic, but one of the last lines of defence is mobility. There are many situations where the only way you can survive is to distance yourself from the attacker and dying from a movement related dot would be devastating. One bad fear path into the middle of an arena and you'd be screwed - stand still and be destroyed, or die from rupture while trying to get back to a pillar.
    Stormscale Horde EU | http://lastrogue.com

  3. #3
    Scarab Lord Viridiancity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    IN A PICKLE
    Posts
    4,399
    This was a proposed ability for Warriors in Cataclysm but ended up being scrapped because, well, if a caster can't kite a melee the caster can't do anything at all.

    And of all melee classes, I doubt Feral Druids need anti-kiting abilities more than, say, Rogues or Warriors.

  4. #4
    Even as a feral, i'd say this is OP. As second poster said you can't really have anything like this affect mobility. Could you imagine Feral + Warlock teams? Rupture + Fear spam would be ridiculous. Then Rupture + knockback?

    Anyway, it's an interesting idea, so it can be used elsewhere. Currently incarnation + ravage! spam (+berserk too) causes a lot of complaints for those on the receiving end of damage. Maybe a portion of the damage from Ravage! under incarnation could be shifted to a DoT effect. This way burst isn't insane but there's still strong damage output.

    OR a nerf outright to !Ravage but while incarnation is active your Shred doesn't have a positional requirement.

  5. #5
    Don't like it, ferals are already all over their target so why give them more ways to prevent kiting.

  6. #6
    I really don't want us to get more damage or mobility.
    I want a CC-breaker, and lower damage. I'm getting tired of running around in every CC in the game, apart from root.
    If they gave us the old beserk back with fear-immunity i would be happy <.<

    The nerf to cyclone while all others seem to keep their instant CC, and paladins even getting fear now, will make us running even more about in fear.
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

  7. #7
    I am Murloc! Balduvian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    5,467
    The mechanic is nice, but in the state that WoW is currently in, this ability lasting any longer than 3-4 seconds would likely make it OP. Balance wise, Ferals do absolutely not need more ways to prevent being kited either.

    Would be a cool mechanic to keep it in mind for future usage though!

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Terridon View Post
    If they gave us the old beserk back with fear-immunity i would be happy <.<.
    On a side note - never understood why they removed that, while warriors and hunters kept their fear breakers :|

  9. #9
    Pit Lord
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Right here, right now
    Posts
    2,347
    Quote Originally Posted by RBD View Post
    Rupture
    Cooldown: 2 minutes
    Rend your targets flesh causing them to bleed for 60, 000 damage over 10 seconds and applying Gushing Wounds.

    Gushing Wounds:
    Damaged for 0.8% of your max hp every 0.1 seconds while in motion. Lasts 10 seconds. Physical.

    Equals out to 80% of your max hp if you continue to move the whole time.
    oh god no , thats a terrible idea... ferals are too mobile as it is , dont need any more anti kiting mechanics... no to mention it would work other way around too, put all your bleeds on mele , then rupture them and sprint away...

  10. #10
    I am Murloc! Balduvian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    5,467
    Quote Originally Posted by smooth_c View Post
    On a side note - never understood why they removed that, while warriors and hunters kept their fear breakers :|
    Fear immunity was just a bit too much for Feral with their already awesome utility, CC and other CC prevention tools/breakers. However, a fear breaker would have been (and would still be) absolutely fine.

  11. #11
    because ferals need more ways of staying on their target...

    it would be too unfair on ranged classes who NEED to kite or just hand over the game, especially at the numbers you said. 1% every 1sec of movement is more realistic, seeing as it's already dealing damage and would be scaled up with mastery

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by smooth_c View Post
    On a side note - never understood why they removed that, while warriors and hunters kept their fear breakers :|
    Becouse none of them are immune to sheep/hex and root.

  13. #13
    I am Murloc! Balduvian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    5,467
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyaldee View Post
    Becouse none of them are immune to sheep/hex and root.
    (Feral) Druids are far from immume to roots. If you're not using slows/roots against any type of druid, you're making a HUGE mistake.

    Also, none of them can also be hibernated or feared by Hunters, but Ferals can.

  14. #14
    To be honest, the only thing ferals need right now is.. Defensives. HotW wont be as useful without Nature's Swiftness and we have to sit on the target to get a heal off (Unless kiting and spamming rejuv, then tranq)

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by smooth_c View Post
    On a side note - never understood why they removed that, while warriors and hunters kept their fear breakers :|
    Hunters have a fear breaker?

  16. #16
    If they put that in the game, then ferals would be absolutely broken, the only counter is blink/charge/heroic leap/disengage/etc.

    Oh, and it would be 100% broken in pve, the boss's hp will drop very very fast if your tank moves the boss constantly (i am assuming this shouldn't be allowed in pve?)

  17. #17
    This is terrible idea. Let this thread die.

  18. #18
    Rupture 3:00 Minute cooldown
    Off global cooldown

    Places a debuff on your target, for 15 seconds any bleeds you have on the target are magnified the further the target moves away from you, up to a maximum of 45% extra damage, total damage can not exceed 35% of the targets hit points in this way, when used on boss creatures flat damage is added to the bleed effects as nature damage for the duration.

    something like this?
    Last edited by dejec1989; 2013-07-15 at 04:12 AM.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by dejec1989 View Post
    Rupture 3:00 Minute cooldown
    Off global cooldown

    Places a debuff on your target, for 15 seconds any bleeds you have on the target are magnified the further the target moves away from you, up to a maximum of 45% extra damage, total damage can not exceed 35% of the targets hit points in this way, when used on boss creatures flat damage is added to the bleed effects as nature damage for the duration.

    something like this?
    While this makes it more manageable what Dcruize said remains true.


    Quote Originally Posted by Dcruize View Post
    Interesting mechanic, but one of the last lines of defence is mobility. There are many situations where the only way you can survive is to distance yourself from the attacker and dying from a movement related dot would be devastating. One bad fear path into the middle of an arena and you'd be screwed - stand still and be destroyed, or die from rupture while trying to get back to a pillar.

    If anything maybe it works in the opposite way in that it does more damage if the target 'stands' in one place? This just seems like it would be either too hard to balance properly or blizzard won't be willing to put in the effort to do so.

  20. #20
    I think, feral is the least in need of help when it comes to being kited
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •