Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Glyph wishlist for 5.4

Looks like they're "revamping" some of the glyphs in 5.4.

What would you like to see?

My wishlist:

Glyph of Avatar: Avatar now provides immunity to roots/snares for the first 6 seconds. However Avatar's duration is now 12 seconds.

Glyph of Mighty Leap: Heroic Leap now breaks roots. (this would not replace "Death from Above", merely provides options for snare removal)

Glyph of Gore: Converts "Hamstring" into "Gore". Gore: Impale's the target's leg, both crippling them and causing loss of blood. Targets suffer X-amount of periodic bleed damage over 15 seconds and 50% reduced movement speed for the duration.

Glyph of Mortal Strike: Mortal Strike now hits for 20% more damage on bleeding targets. However Mortal Strike no longer cause a healing reduction debuff.
    Glyph of Indian Giver: Heroic Leap removes roots, and Hamstring applies a root upon second application.

Monks:

Disable: No longer applies a root effect.

PvP Glove Bonus: Snare effect no longer removed from using Roll, Chi Torpedo or Flying Serpent Kick.

Lol you want to reduce monk mobility and increase your own? Haha.

Indian giver hahahahahahah 10/10

10+ Year Old Account
    Indian giver will NEVER be used by blizzard unless they want horrible PR. I do like the ideas though.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Glyph of Gore will never happen. Sounds by far too mandatory. Thou I´d love that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

I want a minor glyph that allows warriors to stick a banner in the corpse of anything they killed (Guild emblem, or some other emblem), a bit like that CCG item, but also for PvE targets, would be nice for raid killshots or to get "revenge" when the loot you want didn't drop :P

Deleted
    Glyph of Gore: -stolen from DotA- applies a dot that deals damage the more a people tend to run away, so quite to opposite to hunter's Binding Shot ( http://www.wowhead.com/spell=109248 ).

Glyph of Avatar: reduces duration and cooldown to 1/3 but also decreases additional damage dealt to 10-15%, rest remains the same.

The Leap PTR setbonus would be nice for sure ~

Battle shout lasts one hour.
    If the dk get that, I want it too.

Glyph of Spell Deflect: [ Replaces Spell Reflect ] Raise your shield, deflecting spell casts on you. Lasts 5 sec. If you successfully deflect a Spell cast on you it increases the Cooldown of Spell Deflect by 2min (25s would be OP).

I would really like to see some use for spell reflect in a PVE Raid Environment. There is some use in this tier since you can reflect the casts from the council member i.e. but most of the time it is not used at all which is sad. I remember ROS where this abilitiy was key to the encounter and it was fun. Of course you can't go back and make Tank X mandatory for fight Y because he has ability Z. But I think this suggestion wouldn't be OP or anything. Hell I would even take a 3min Cooldown just to make it more viable again in PVE.

Quote Originally Posted by Grawlix View Post
    Lol you want to reduce monk mobility and increase your own? Haha.
    Whoosh......

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Senen View Post
    Battle shout lasts one hour.
    If the dk get that, I want it too.
    If you don´t use your free rage generators aka shouts at least once every five minutes you are doing something wrong^^
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

Same goes for dk. It's very situational but still useful sometimes. That's exactly what new glyphs are meant to be.

Quote Originally Posted by postalp View Post
    Looks like they're "revamping" some of the glyphs in 5.4.

What would you like to see?

My wishlist:
    Unless the bleed does next to no damage, Gore would be considered mandatory for raiding, most likely. Same for Mortal Strike. As nice as those would be, Blizz at least mostly tries to avoid "mandatory" glyphs now(that's why they nerfed Death From Above). The other 2 I could see them doing though.

Deleted
    My wish:

Glyph of Heavy Repercussions now increases Shield Slam damage by 20% after using Shield block OR Shield Barrier.
    Glyph of Hold the line now increases Revenge by 25% following a succesful parry.

Devastate, Revenge and shielslam buffed by 10% to compensate the dps loss :P
    Last edited by mmoc51f27689b0; 2013-07-08 at 07:13 AM.

Glyph of Heroic Leap and Long Charge made baseline.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Senen View Post
    Same goes for dk. It's very situational but still useful sometimes. That's exactly what new glyphs are meant to be.
    No its different for DKs. They can actually aquire enough haste to push Horn of Winter out of the rotation. Granted nobody would do that (since so much haste would be a huge waste alot of times) but its possible. Warriors on the other Hand will always use Battleshout, no matter how much crit/haste they get. Also the Ragegain is much stronger than the 10 runic power DKs get.

actually the Mortal Strike glyph is a good idea. but it risks pvp bursting...

I disapprove. Except for Glyph of Avatar, the root immunity will have to be reduced though. Otherwise they'll be back the way they were in patch 5.0. And blizzard doesn't like that, and so doesn't the players receiving the hate. Imagine yourself playing a caster against a warrior going full out on you. Wouldn't be very fun.
    Last edited by aabay123; 2013-07-08 at 12:12 PM.

I wish they would take out the prot warrior dps glyphs. It puts us at a huge disadvantage on fights where barrier is better then block or we cannot parry.

Quote Originally Posted by aabay123 View Post
    I disapprove. Except for Glyph of Avatar, the root immunity will have to be reduced though. Otherwise they'll be back the way they were in patch 5.0. And blizzard doesn't like that, and so doesn't the players receiving the hate. Imagine yourself playing a caster against a warrior going full out on you. Wouldn't be very fun.
    Hand of Freedom is 6 seconds duration and on a 25 second CD. Now I understand that coupling freedom with a damage buff is a touchy subject, but lets face it were a mere shell of what we were in 5.0/5.1.