Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What does it for you?

I am playing a Paladin for the first time and am interested in "What does it for you"? What about the Paladin class has intrigued you and perhaps kept you playing it?

looks like you missed a word..

anyway, the reason I play a Pally is because they can fill all 3 roles and wear plate

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield View Post
    looks like you missed a word..

anyway, the reason I play a Pally is because they can fill all 3 roles and wear plate
    wut?

Hybrid's are definitely fun, but does Retribution really feel like plate to you?

Deleted
    Playing Plate classes has definitely lost it's value over time(not counting reduced damage from mobs).
    I used to love playing a Paladin back in TBC and WoTLK, but since Cata i no longer have any love for Paladins (Combo Points.....)
    Then i met the Warrior class...

Quote Originally Posted by Volant View Post
    I am playing a Paladin for the first time and am interested in "What does it for you"? What about the Paladin class has intrigued you and perhaps kept you playing it?
    Light Bright, Light Bright, turn on the magic of colored lights! Shining friends, shining bright, make a wish to say goodnight!

Consecration was the spell that made me roll a pally. Too bad they took it from ret :/.

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Light Bright, Light Bright, turn on the magic of colored lights! Shining friends, shining bright, make a wish to say goodnight!
    Gosh, I remember my first one! Maybe this was subliminally the deciding factor for me?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Revvo View Post
    Consecration was the spell that made me roll a pally. Too bad they took it from ret :/.
    Sad panda, I didn't know this until last night, lol.

The fact you have already spoken to the ret god makes your choice clear. SUBMIT

- - - Updated - - -
    Also

This is zany action
    A crazy contraption
    The fun is catchin’
    it's Ret trap!

Oh my god I just rewatched the commerical and about pissed my pants thinking about ret VS mouse trap instructions
    Part of the issue might be 0 sleep too...

That game was so bullshit

Last edited by anaxie; 2013-07-05 at 04:54 PM.

lmao!

80's - 90's kids unite!

Stubbornness and achievment points.

OG toon was a warrior back in vanilla. MT'd MC thru Naxx40, then through BT in BC. Rerolled to Ret since we didn't have one, and it was pretty handy for SWP. Never looked back. Been ONLY Ret/Prot for the past 6-7 years; never Holy. Not once not never.

Tanking is first love, and I hate casters, so melee DPS is what I get. Prot/Ret allows me to do pretty much anything in game. Aside from DK shenanigans, pala is the best solo class for old and current content.

I tried out greener pastures in LK with my DK, who is my "main alt" as well as MOP with Monk (which I really, really like), but never felt the need to switch. I've put so much time and effort into the paladin, I jsut can't put it down. Prior to merged achivs, it was also a big reason to not swap - I had a ton of points back then, and still do now. I'd hate to lose progress on the other "complete 100/500/1000 of X" achivs that I've started on here.

PVP is my one sad side, since I've limited myself to Ret only given my refusal to play Holy. But, outside of high rated play, Ret is still insanely fun and has only gotten better this expansion.

Pala til they turn off the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

Pali is the last class I haven't played / mastered. I've never really played a class longer than a year so I've never felt bad about benching one. Very excited for this / next seasons PvP as Ret. Can you believe I picked Paladin last? =o

Deleted
    My first character I played was a paladin because I played a paladin in Tibia.

/worst reason ever!

Deleted
    Got a horse as draenei then they changed it.

Perfect reason to hate Blizzard right there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Anaxie: Oh god, yes. YES! ALL OF THE INTERNETS!

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    My first character I played was a paladin because I played a paladin in Tibia.

/worst reason ever!
    Tbh was basically same reason for me playing my rogue for so long (that and world of roguecraft).

On topic : actually fun tanking (as compared to all tanking classes so far except for monks)

P.S. ogod Tibia looks like a fun waste of time.

10+ Year Old Account
    I originally rolled a pally because I played a paladin in Diablo 2. The first time I saw a paladin in full Judgement cemented the decision and it's been my main ever since. It was a proud day for me when I finished the quest and received my Charger.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know, its hard to tell....originally back in wrath when my Death Knight was my main and i was leveling my Pally simply to be a alt...there was just something naturally appealing about rets..and when i got to 80 and started gearing him and doing ICC pugs with him, i found him to be actually just as much if not more fun then playing my DK...then when the cata pre-patch came, and they switch pallies to the HoPo system...i actually liked it...i just seem to have this natural like for classes with duo resources (DK, ret, spriest, monk etc)...and i didnt like the guild my dk was in so i was like...i'll just switch mains and find a new guild with my ret pally...and the rest is history!!
    Last edited by Noujou; 2013-07-06 at 04:12 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I...attack...with light... using big heavy weaponry and armour. If you are not immediately attracted to that, then I don't know what else I can do for you.

I've always been attracted to the concept of a paladin and go out of my way to at least try to carve myself one in every game that gives you free reign to.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Volant View Post
    Pali is the last class I haven't played / mastered. I've never really played a class longer than a year so I've never felt bad about benching one. Very excited for this / next seasons PvP as Ret. Can you believe I picked Paladin last? =o
    It was my very first class (in Vanilla Open Beta, after which I didn't buy the game) and when I got the game ~3 years later, it ended up being the last class I leveled, but the class that I ended up making my main.

I'll be honest. I first rolled Paladin for the free mount. Stayed because I love the class. Still haven't really gotten into tanking, though; I started using the old Holytankadin builds from the old WoW forums, but switched to Ret in Wrath and haven't gone back.