Poll: Which Phone?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post
    HTC One is better than any of these other phones. Only need to check the specs. Very simple. If not? You can stick with whatever brand you love most.

But when it comes to which is better, it's the HTC one.
    Something having higher specs doesn't automatically make it better, as evidenced by 8-core AMD cpus running lower benchmarks than Intel quads. These days its about architecture of the tech, so I would recommend going in-store and testing these phones out yourself. I have found that iPhones' os run faster, but its really about preference.

15+ Year Old Account
    Incorrect.
    Speaker quality and screen quality are about the only spec where it surpasses. The processor is slightly faster, but with how fast phones are these days, it's the difference between instant and instant. The camera is crap. I have a 12 year old cheap ass economy digital camera that's better than the HTC's. If you already have a good camera, it wouldn't be an issue.

All of this controversy over HTC vs Samsung, when they're essentially the exact same smart phone (think about it for a second) is probably the best marketing scheme ever.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I recently upgraded to a Samsung Galaxy S4 from an HTC Inspire 4G LTE, I must say, I am happy as can be! This thing is amazing, so far I'm beyond impressed. I held the HTC One and iPhone 5 at the store and just was not happy with them. Also, being a computer-builder type of person, I just can't get anything Apple, as I don't feel I have as much control over the device and such. Not to mention for what one gets with an iPhone 5, it is wholly overpriced beyond any argument. The HTC was just... bleh. I really have had a rough time with HTC, whereas 2 out of my 3 previous Samsung phones have worked for 7 and 10 years without issue. I replaced my first HTC Inspire under warranty for a new one after 9 months of use, and the second one died from multiple issues less than 6 months later. -.-
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Deleted
    Incorrect.
    This is kinda the point where you amaze us with your better specs.

If anyone else is in the same position I would actually wait till the next iPhone comes out before deciding. The iPhone 5 is on par with the SIII. As always the iPhone 5s/6 will be a great competitor to phones released in 2013. You have to realize that iPhone 5 was released in 2012 almost a year ago

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    From your choices it seems as an iPhone 5 would be better for you however as a cheaper alternative (not sure where you live) it might be the galaxy s4 but you said you're using your phone a normal use so iPhone 5 for just your liking as you said you loved your previous iPhone or a galaxy s4 as a cheaper alternative. And on a side not I'm not a phone expert or anything but I believe iPhone 5 has more support and apps etc... Since its been around for a while longer and again. Not so sure

I picked up an S3 the day it was released, really like the look and style, blah and etc. Never once bragged nor showed it off to any of my friends, around 10 of them, whom all used iPhones. Just let them mess about with it whenever I was around, few months later when iPhone5 was released, 7 of the 10 got an S3.

iPhones aren't as revolutionary as they once were, the latest iOs was just Andriod in disguise. I haven't fucked about with a HTC ONE yet, and the S4 is just an S3 upgraded, even so my Samsung has never once failed me in any way at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tockle View Post
    HTC One is faster out of the box, has a better screen, takes better low-light pictures which is what matters for me in a phone (If I want to be a photographer I'll buy a real camera), and will be on the newest jellybean very soon. I fail to see your point.

To me it's like buying a Honda and adding all these bells and whistles to make it as good as an Audi, but why not just buy the Audi? As you might be able to tell, I'm leaning towards the HTC One
    Yeah, except your "Audi" has the hood welded shut. Would you accept a car where it's impossible to change the oil?

Also, HTC's financials aren't looking so great lately.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

10+ Year Old Account
    Incorrect.
    Oh really?

http://www.androidbenchmark.net/passmark_chart.html

More Benchmarks > http://www.androidbenchmark.net/

Just few of the many Benchmarks that the GS4 goes slightly higher above the HTC One. That said, there is the 200Mhz clock speed difference which can be balanced out by overclocking the HTC One which should pretty much even out the benchmarks.

Now many will simply not notice the difference and don't even need to, they will also not overclock.

There is also the camera specifications, although the HTC One does have better low-light photo quality.
    Last edited by Mister K; 2013-07-08 at 11:00 PM.

I was an iphone user back when the 3GS was the best on the market. When I had the option to upgrade I thought about going i4 but in the end I decided on a HTC Desire (this was a couple of years ago) I jumped ship to Android and havn't looked back. I personally think iPhones are overpriced and not as awesome as everyone makes them out to be. Heck, I'd even pick a Nokia Lumia 900 over an iPhone (granted the Lumia and W8 are a really nice combo)

Thanks to Shyama for this beautiful signature <3

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Other, save and wait until fall winter, that's when the new models come out.

Voted "other" for the obious answer of Nokia 3310, which is far superior to all other overexpensive feature-bloat scrap options given. It's a phone, it works great, it has long battery life and it doesn't break. As an added bonus it's cheap, which makes comparing its price-quality ratio with other options like comparing sun to one of Mars' moons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    New models of?

Quote Originally Posted by kivipää View Post
    Voted "other" for the obious answer of Nokia 3310, which is far superior to all other overexpensive feature-bloat scrap options given. It's a phone, it works great, it has long battery life and it doesn't break. As an added bonus it's cheap, which makes comparing its price-quality ratio with other options like comparing sun to one of Mars' moons.
    The Truth.

Deleted
    Personally I go with Nokia Lumia because the camera is the most important thing for me. And win phone just rocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    Except for the iPhone and a Google Nexus phone this is false information.

HTC One ( and the previous One X ) released at the end of March.
    The Galaxy S3 and S4 released late April.

That makes both models only around 2.5-3 months old in a 12 months lifecycle as ''flagship'' model.

If you got the money now and want a phone it's pointless to wait ( unless you want to see what the new Google Nexus brings around November ) , Smartphones are pretty much on their peak now anyway except for foldable OLED screens.

Technology doesn't move fast enough to warrant that the next HTC One or Galaxy S5 will have something better than a 1080p screen or quad core/octa core cpu.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FluFF View Post
    Except for the iPhone and a Google Nexus phone this is false information.

HTC One ( and the previous One X ) released at the end of March.
    The Galaxy S3 and S4 released late April.

That makes both models only around 2.5-3 months old in a 12 months lifecycle as ''flagship'' model.

If you got the money now and want a phone it's pointless to wait ( unless you want to see what the new Google Nexus brings around November ) , Smartphones are pretty much on their peak now anyway except for foldable OLED screens.

Technology doesn't move fast enough to warrant that the next HTC One or Galaxy S5 will have something better than a 1080p screen or quad core/octa core cpu.
    I doubt the iPhone will be very revolutionary, the 5S. The Nexus on other hand, might be worth waiting for.

Deleted
    Which next Nexus? Or are we talking the Motorola X thing? Which seems to be less interesting then an actual Nexus device.

Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    Which next Nexus? Or are we talking the Motorola X thing? Which seems to be less interesting then an actual Nexus device.
    Well , the next Nexus smartphone by Google :P.

Key Lime Pie 5.0 is rumoured for release Q4 2013 so it's only logical sense we get a new Nexus phone to display the OS ( and the older Nexus phones updated shortly afterwards )

The galaxy Nexus brought us Ice Cream Sandwich in the end of 2011 , the Asus Nexus 7 tablet brought us Jelly Bean in the summer of 2012 and they extended that release with the Nexus 4 smartphone at the end of 2012.

it's only logic that Key Lime Pie is brought to us advertised on a New Nexus device.

Rumoured ''Nexus 5'' specs include :

5 inch full HD display
    Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 quad core cpu @ 2.3ghz
    3 or 4gb of ram
    4G LTE
    Front facing speakers ( think HTC One )
    13 MP back side camera with heavily improved quality compared to the Nexus 4
    3150mAH Battery
    8/16/32 GB of storage