Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Considering rejoining

Hey all,

It's been a very very long time since I poked my head in General Discussions.

Anyhow, I left WoW at the end of Cataclysm, and a friend made the comment that Pandaria awaits. I laughed at it and told him, if the burning crusade comes back, then I will come back. He followed up saying he has heard rumors that this may actually be happening.

Can anyone shed some light on this? Is there any truth to this? If so, I believe my account needs to be reactivated. Although I am not excited to have to go through Pandaria on 6 characters, I may muscle through it to get back to the story I once loved.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you even know anything about the story of MoP? It's miles better than anything in Cataclysm, and just as good, if not better than some things in the past. Whether or not the legion will return is yet to be confirmed, but I would still give Pandaria a chance because the lore is some of the best Blizzard have ever made.

Pandaria is awesome to quest through, the first time. Then it gets dull, sadly

But yes, there is much in the game that points towards a burning legion expack. Tho I hope it 2 expansions away, I would like to see Azshara first :c

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    . Although I am not excited to have to go through Pandaria on 6 characters, I may muscle through it to get back to the story I once loved.
    Then don't. It only takes one character to experience all content. You don't "have" to do it 6 times if you don't want to... No one is forcing you to do the same stuff 6 times over.

Pandaria's pretty good, itself. Come to it with an open mind, and try to really see what's going on with the characters and the story. Don't burn yourself out on grinding 6 alts to cap if you don't want to.

As to your question about a Legion-themed expansion as the next expansion?
    We don't know anything for sure, but there are a lot of hints and foreshadowing in Mists indicating that we will be dealing with the Legion again SOON(tm).

10+ Year Old Account
    If it is anything comparable in quality to Cataclysm, then i'm still not impressed ; ) Hence why I left, it wasn't about "Panda's" it was about moving away from a story line that I was quite invested in.

That is besides the point though, I am more interested in the Burning Legion returning.

If there is no solid info on the return of the BL, has it been announced what the last patch for this Xpack will be? That would prolly be a better time to assess what the next Xpack will en-tale. If it is close to the last patch atm, then I assume Blizzcon will be announcing the next Xpack.

If it is anything comparable in quality to Cataclysm, then i'm still not impressed ; ) Hence why I left, it wasn't about "Panda's" it was about moving away from a story line that I was quite invested in.

That is besides the point though, I am more interested in the Burning Legion returning.

If there is no solid info on the return of the BL, has it been announced what the last patch for this Xpack will be? That would prolly be a better time to assess what the next Xpack will en-tale. If it is close to the last patch atm, then I assume Blizzcon will be announcing the next Xpack.
    The last major raid tier will be 5.4 sometime around August/September. There will probably be a 5.5 story patch as well, a few months after that- probably hitting right after Blizzcon. The next expansion should be announced at Blizzcon in November at the very latest.

The hints and foreshadowing about the Legion are from the current Legendary questline. Wrathion, a black dragon, is warning us that the fighting between the Alliance and the Horde will pretty much screw us when the Legion shows up again, and that he's preparing for the fight against a greater foe than just the Alliance and Horde-- he showed us a vision of great green Fel meteors crashing into Azeroth.

Hey all,

Anyhow, I left WoW at the end of Cataclysm, and a friend made the comment that Pandaria awaits. I laughed at it and told him, if the burning crusade comes back, then I will come back. He followed up saying he has heard rumors that this may actually be happening.

Can anyone shed some light on this? Is there any truth to this? If so, I believe my account needs to be reactivated. Although I am not excited to have to go through Pandaria on 6 characters, I may muscle through it to get back to the story I once loved.
    I can verify that this rumor definitely has been said.
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

10+ Year Old Account
    rumours are rumours. if you decided to quit at the end of cataclysm and will only come back if the legion return, i'd wait a few months until blizzcon or at least a confirmation of the next expansion before making any decisions.
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    I prolly worded that wrong, I don't mind leveling my 6 Characters to Cap. I love to have the ability to bring whatever class is needed along for the Raid or Dungeon.

I normally stick with my 3 mains, Warrior, Druid and DK, then after that i'll level my hunter warlock and mage.

Eh, it's been so long, I may sub for a bit to level some toons. Even if the story is doesn't grab me, the game itself is still fun.

I prolly worded that wrong, I don't mind leveling my 6 Characters to Cap. I love to have the ability to bring whatever class is needed along for the Raid or Dungeon.

I normally stick with my 3 mains, Warrior, Druid and DK, then after that i'll level my hunter warlock and mage.

Eh, it's been so long, I may sub for a bit to level some toons. Even if the story is doesn't grab me, the game itself is still fun.
    One good thing about Mists, even if the story doesn't grab you, there is a LOT to do if you're still enjoying playing.

Hey all,

It's a good time as they just nerfed XP from 85-90 pretty hard and have several mechanics to get characters caught up.

They've been pretty responsive in cleaning up the pain points as they go (fewer dailies, less dependance on dailies, easier time getting alts up to speed, etc) without caving to excessive crying. (Crafting mats are still bop, Hscenarios stayed off the matchmaker, No rolling nerfs to raids[so far]).

I took a break between 5.1 and 5.3 and am having a blast.

Regarding next xpac, there's hints in game via wrathion's legendary quests that the legion is prepping for an invasion, but, it's anybody's guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seeing is believing. I'm waiting til the next expac to see if it will be epic. If its more animal people and corny accents, I will have to pass.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for all the warm replies everyone.

I think i'm going to jump back in, Atm i'm looking for a new Laptop to play on.

I'd go with a desktop, but I like the portability of a laptop.

Anyone have any recommendations for a decent laptop in the $500 - $600 range? By decent I mean not a power house, but not something that i'll be getting less than 40 FPS at normal settings in a raid environment.

It doesn't matter if you return in hopes of getting Burning Crusade action because nothing can stand up to the rose colored glasses of the BC era. It doesn't matter how good a Legion expansion is it won't be what you remember and you'll turn into a forum Ghost that screams all day on the forums about how you were wronged in your past life instead of moving on.

If you are expecting the same stuff you had in BC you won't get it. If you want a game that evolves over time and constantly changes to try and bring better content to the game and you have an open mind then you would enjoy MoP. Don't ask our opinions on the games because haters gonna hate and fanboys gonna fan. The only one who can decide if the game is good is you by experiencing it. If you are hung up on a chemical pumped into your brain from the BC era memories and looking for a reason to dislike the game you will find it.

I'd check out our computer subforum for recommendations, there are a lot of people in there with a decent amount of expertise. http://www.mmo-champion.com/forums/290-Computer

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    It doesn't matter if you return in hopes of getting Burning Crusade action because nothing can stand up to the rose colored glasses of the BC era. It doesn't matter how good a Legion expansion is it won't be what you remember and you'll turn into a forum Ghost that screams all day on the forums about how you were wronged in your past life instead of moving on.

If you are expecting the same stuff you had in BC you won't get it. If you want a game that evolves over time and constantly changes to try and bring better content to the game and you have an open mind then you would enjoy MoP. Don't ask our opinions on the games because haters gonna hate and fanboys gonna fan. The only one who can decide if the game is good is you by experiencing it. If you are hung up on a chemical pumped into your brain from the BC era memories and looking for a reason to dislike the game you will find it.
    You miss understand, I have no problem with the game play, or the features of WoW. It's the story that bothered me.

But as I said, the game is still fun regardless of the way they handle Lore.

I have pretty much decided on a new laptop, In the meantime, i'm going to load up on my old Macbook Pro just to get my account re-situated. Then when my new machine comes in, i'll load it up on that one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    rumours are rumours. if you decided to quit at the end of cataclysm and will only come back if the legion return, i'd wait a few months until blizzcon or at least a confirmation of the next expansion before making any decisions.
    Yes I agree with Moko, The Burning Legion Returning is just a "RUMOR" that has been built up by the community from what we have learned from the past of what Lore characters have stated the burning legion will return One Day !! Velen, Wrathion, Varimathras & Dragon Aspects.

People hype up things than get mad & disappointed an than lash out at the company and they should be blaming themselves.
    Last edited by Arbs; 2013-07-05 at 07:57 PM.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Take into account that if you want to gear more than 1 char you'll go trough hell, this is the least alt friendly expansion so much grinding, I'd wait till next patch to return when they'll remove most of the reputation gating for gear.

PD. Just in case I'm not saying the expansion is bad but the amount of grinding needed to gear a char is excesive
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromedes View Post
    Welcome to the Alliance, faction of compromises and unfulfilled desires. Want Vrykul? Here is compromise in form of kul tiran half giants we never heard of. Wanna High elves? Here is compromise in form of void elves we never heard of. Wanna broken draenei? awww fuck it
    About ganking ("world pvp") being dead now
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    Maybe you could wear a mask and push over little kids while they walk home from school instead?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rpdrichard View Post
    Take into account that if you want to gear more than 1 char you'll go trough hell, this is the least alt friendly expansion so much grinding, I'd wait till next patch to return when they'll remove most of the reputation gating for gear.

PD. Just in case I'm not saying the expansion is bad but the amount of grinding needed to gear a char is excesive
    Thanks for the heads up.

I have 6 lvl 85's, I'll prolly focus on my Druid first. By the time i get comfortable with that toon, i'm sure i won't mind regrinding for the next.

The grid has never really been too much of an issue for me.