Free Basic Video Editing Software?

I have a handful of short clips I've taken from my HTC One phone, and I would like to be able to shorten them, splice them together, and lay over a song from my itunes or something. Is there any free or cheap basic video editing program that can do this?

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Julian View Post
    I have a handful of short clips I've taken from my HTC One phone, and I would like to be able to shorten them, splice them together, and lay over a song from my itunes or something. Is there any free or cheap basic video editing program that can do this?
    For free the only one I know of is Windows Movie Maker you can download.

Not sure if there is a decent cheap one.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

VirtualDub should work for this, along with Audacity for the audio portion. Both programs are free.

Quote Originally Posted by Vile View Post
    VirtualDub should work for this, along with Audacity for the audio portion. Both programs are free.
    Many thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Julian
    Many thanks!
    No problem. Let me know if it doesn't work or if you run into issues. Which format/codec does the HTC One use when recording videos? Just curious so I can check the compatibility in case it doesn't work with VDub.

http://www.blender.org/

Blender has some very powerful video/audio editing functionality and is completely free. The learning curve is quite steep but at the end of the day you can make very high quality production with it.

I suggest SmartPixel Producer, but it is for windows, which means you need import the videos from your phone, if you do not mind the watermark, you can try it for free, else you need pay around $15 for the VIP membership. In my personal opinion, it is easy to use and basically meet the video editing requirements.

is the song kitties are so nice? or liquor and whores?